Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Taissa Farmiga and Vera Farmiga are sisters?!? I didn't know that . Photo: http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Taissa+Fariga/Vera+Farmiga

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Taissa Farmiga and Vera Farmiga are sisters?!? I didn't know that . Photo: http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Taissa+Fariga/Vera+Farmiga
    Yep! It's going to be fun to watch Taissa in AHS and then Vera in "Bates Motel" whenever that comes back.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Ok, so I just had to look-up their ages & found Taissa is 19 and Vera 40....they have the same parents and Taissa is the youngest of 7. Wonder if Taissa was an "oops" LOL
    They are both beautiful ladies & very gifted actors. Loved Vera in 'The Departed' and 'Up In the Air'.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Delphine's reaction to Obama as president.

Queenie loves her some minotaur!!!

Mare Winningham. I get excited and like "Under The Dome", gone by the end.

vCash
    Delphine's reaction to Obama as president.

Queenie loves her some minotaur!!!

Mare Winningham. I get excited and like "Under The Dome", gone by the end.
    I thought the same thing about Mare Winningham...killed off two shows...what a waste.

Once again, loved the last scene.."This coven doesn't need a new supreme. It needs a new rug"

vCash
    Such a great episode!! This season is getting good!

I died laughing at Lalaurie crying about Obama too! "LIIIIIIIEEESSSS!" Hilarious! I also love how Fiona made her Queenie's slave saying she can't stand a racist. In the context of the show I'm sure that stems from the discrimination her kind (witches) have received throughout the years in addition to the fact racism is antiquated in this day and age.

SPOILER ALERT...just in case...

The whole thing with Zoe/Kyle/his mom was SO disturbing! OMG, he was being sexually abused by his mother. Poor kid...but he got her in the end. I think he's slowly starting to regain some kind of awareness about what's going. Hopefully at some point in the future he'll actually speak...though he did let out a good "NOOOOO!" before he bashed his mother's face in with his little league trophy...

I was really enjoying Emma Roberts as the bitchy witch but I love the way Madison's death ties into the story: the new Supreme basically sucks the life out of the old one. Once Fiona figured it out what was going on she knew exactly what she was going to do...talk about a ruthless muthawitch! Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by La La Candy View Post
    Once again, loved the last scene.."This coven doesn't need a new supreme. It needs a new rug"
    Best. Line. Ever. I was like, "DAAAMMMNN...honey badger, meet Fiona." At first I was wondering if it was a mistake and she really was trying to get Madison to kill her...but after that rug comment I realized she got just what she wanted. I love Jessica Lange...she plays her roles so well. I'm thinking Madison probably isn't dead-dead at this early point in the season especially given that Misty (crazy bayou witch) has the power of resurrection. Maybe Zoe will bring her to Not-Hogwarts and they can resurrect Madison...assuming they ever find the body. Creeper butler guy (hey it's that guy!) seems to be in on Fiona's murderous scheming...either that or she's controlling him...

Poor Cordelia...she went to Marie Laveau who dangled the solution to her problem above her and then snatched it away while laughing in her face. Makes sense though...Fiona burned that bridge when she burned those wigs (). Angela Bassett plays a badass Marie Laveau! Chilling on her throne playing solitaire on an iPad...I love it! Things are just heating up between those two (Fiona and Marie).

WTF is up with Queenie and the minotaur? Better yet, why is he still a minotaur? Lalaurie just put the bull head on him...maybe he was dying and the only way for Marie to save him was to actually turn him into one? I'm not clear on that yet but I do know that the whole Queenie + beastiality thing was super awkward/uncomfortable. No clue if she's still alive or not...

Can't wait until next episode...this season is awesome so far!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I feel like Sidibe has played the same person in every role since Precious. I still like her but I have yet to see her show any range whatsoever.
    imo her range is very limited. the scene with her and kathy bates in the kitchen, i felt like she was so out of her league.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    imo her range is very limited. the scene with her and kathy bates in the kitchen, i felt like she was so out of her league.
    Well even in the scenes she's been in with Jamie Brewer, Emma Roberts, and Taissa Farmiga, she's seemed out of her league. She was great as Precious, but she hasn't brought much else to the table in any other role she's been in since Precious. I find it very interesting that they brought in a descendent of Tituba, but I think there are other actresses that could have brought more to the role (Condola Rashad comes to mind).

I feel like the episodes just keep getting better and better. I hated to admit, but I didn't want Madison to die (even though I understand the reasons)...based on the fact that she brought Kyle back to life (and yes, I know she used a spell)...I wonder if she'll somehow self resurrect like Misty. IMDB has her down for 13 episodes, so I don't think she's out for the count. What a waste to only have Mare Winningham and Christine Ebersole around for one episode. I'm thrilled that Francis Conroy is back in the next episode.

I do wish there were some more prominent male characters...although I'm assuming Kyle will become more prominent. I would love to see John Benjamin Hickey on American Horror Story! Also, I think it would be interesting to see someone like Jim Parsons, who always does comedy, on that show.

Kathy Bates was terrific again lat night. I'm assuming Coven will get a slew of Emmy nominations (I'm assuming Lange, Bates, and Bassett. Paulson's role is a little limiting this year).
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i am another one that thought that changing stories each season was stupid until i saw it. i only wish they could bring ian mcshane back each season. i loved his creepy/sexy ways since he knocked up anna friedman in evergreen.

also so excited to see more patti lupone and would love to see christine ebersole come back somehow. a sing off wouldnt suck.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Yeesh -- I can remember when Mare Winningham always played the white-bread "girl next door" type.

Dead rarely means gone on this show, so I'm feeling pretty confident we'll see Madison again.

And I love Marie. Nothing says "Badass voodoo queen" quite like sitting on your skull throne and playing Solitaire on your iPad while getting ready to crush someone's dreams. Excellent.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    'American Horror Story: Coven' Halloween episode: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...orward-to.html

vCash
    ^^It's Beverly Leslie! I love Leslie Jordan! He's hilarious!

vCash
    If the rest of the episode is as scary as Frances Conroy's hair, we should be in for a fun night!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    If the rest of the episode is as scary as Frances Conroy's hair, we should be in for a fun night!

vCash
    Excellent episode last night! So many things happened!

The council showed up and we got a little back story on Fiona and Myrtle. OMG, Butler Spaulding is super creepy. WTF is he doing with Madison's body?? Worst. Tea Party. Ever. At first he comes off as weird but kinda sweet...but now we know he is all kinds of effed up, if we hadn't already figured that out when he cut out his tongue.

Cordelia's husband is a psycho. I hate they brought sexy red-head (Alexandra Breckenridge) in only to do that to her...

So if Madison wasn't the new Supreme, who is? Zoe? Misty? Nan? Some yet undiscovered witch? I do think it's telling that the day after Fiona killed Madison and Lalaurie was helping her dress, when Lalaurie told her "You look..." and Fiona filled in the word "younger" but Lalaurie was going for "beautiful." I think Fiona was seeing what she wanted to see but hadn't really noticed that she wasn't feeling or looking younger.

Good to see Queenie is still alive but Marie's minotaur lover is not...and thus battle begins. I don't know who is supposed to be more powerful on the show (witches or voodoo queens) but Marie dealt one f**ked up psychological low blow by sending Lalaurie's dead zombie daughters trick-or-treating at Not-Hogwarts. Marie's power is pretty freakin' terrifying and it looks like she's gone one step further by having Cordelia assaulted with acid...assuming that was her. I'm not so sure it is though.

I can't wait to see how this one plays out...

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Queenie explaining Madison possibly being dead: "She probably got wasted and decided to give the Grim Reaper a hand job."
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 10-31-2013 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Excellent episode last night! So many things happened!

Cordelia's husband is a psycho. I hate they brought sexy red-head (Alexandra Breckenridge) in only to do that to her...

So if Madison wasn't the new Supreme, who is? Zoe? Misty? Nan? Some yet undiscovered witch? I do think it's telling that the day after Fiona killed Madison and Lalaurie was helping her dress, when Lalaurie told her "You look..." and Fiona filled in the word "younger" but Lalaurie was going for "beautiful." I think Fiona was seeing what she wanted to see but hadn't really noticed that she wasn't feeling or looking younger.

Good to see Queenie is still alive but Marie's minotaur lover is not...and thus battle begins.

I can't wait to see how this one plays out...
    Last night's episode was my favorite so far. The first episode was good, but the next three have been great each are slightly better than the one before. I'm LOVING Francis Conroy as Myrtle Snow...well, let's face it, I love Frances Conroy as anything (other than her really bland appearance in Broken Flowers). It was great to see Leslie Jordan as a member of the council! Even though a lot of his characters are all the same...I love him whenever he pops up.

Gabourey Sidibe actually showed more in the two to three lines she had last night than she has the entire season...maybe she'll step it up more in the upcoming episodes. We get Danny Houston two weeks from now, which should be interesting.

I was disappointed that Alexandra's Breckenridge's arc lasted all of about 4 minutes...and let's face it, 1 of those minutes were her getting plowed, so it wasn't that interesting. I knew she was a goner when Hank said he was a monster for Halloween last year.

I kept thinking that Denis O'hare was more interesting a more interesting character not speaking than most characters we see on TV.

In regards to the new Supreme...I saw some hints on IMDB that lead me to believe Zoe and Cordelia both show new powers, so I wonder if it's one of them? I would LOVE it to be Nan, but she hasn't show anything outside of clairvoyance.

Queenie explaining Madison possibly being dead: "She probably got wasted and decided to give the Grim Reaper a hand job."
    That's my favorite line of the season so far...just over "I'm mad about a tartan" and "It's so hot my vagina is sweating."

I did misinterpret the hand coming out of the grave in the preview as Madison coming back to life, but that was Marie's zombies.

vCash
    I've always noticed that the fourth episode of every season is when AHS always seems to pick up steam, and this was definitely the case last night. I suspect that Zoe is the real Supreme (the way that Fiona kept dismissing her as stupid and weak seemed like a tell to me) and I really doubt Marie had anything to do with the attack on Cordelia, but other than that I really have no idea how this season is going to play out. Which is nice.

vCash
    I don't think Marie was behind the attack on Cordelia either...I'm wondering if it has to do with Hank. I'm curious to see what his story ends up being.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post

In regards to the new Supreme...I saw some hints on IMDB that lead me to believe Zoe and Cordelia both show new powers, so I wonder if it's one of them? I would LOVE it to be Nan, but she hasn't show anything outside of clairvoyance.
    If that thing about the Supreme having the glow of excellent health is true, the infertility knocks Cordelia out of the running. Depending on the definition of excellent health, Nan might also be out. It's probably Zoe. Which is annoying, because she's been nothing but annoyingly stupid so far.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast