Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    FREE JOUBERT!!!!
    I agree ...

But looking at this whole situation another way ... I don't know if the forced withdrawal is actually a blessing in disguise ... sure, it would be great for Brian to get the programmes out there but if he's really not that well trained it's probably a good thing that he doesn't have to finish in 5th or 6th place in Skate America (the standard of the competition was so extremely high, I dunno if he could have finished higher than that). and the good thing is that there's now so much support for Brian (the support in terms of him being , freed from the evilssss of FFSG). hopefully he - being the fighter that he is - can turn all this into positive energy and show everyone how it should be done in French nationals, COR, and Euros and Sochi!~

vCash
    I'm still not convinced Brian is the sweet innocent little angel that everyone's making out he is in this scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post
    I don't know if the forced withdrawal is actually a blessing in disguise ... sure, it would be great for Brian to get the programmes out there but if he's really not that well trained it's probably a good thing that he doesn't have to finish in 5th or 6th place in Skate America (the standard of the competition was so extremely high, I dunno if he could have finished higher than that). and the good thing is that there's now so much support for Brian (the support in terms of him being , freed from the evilssss of FFSG). hopefully he - being the fighter that he is - can turn all this into positive energy and show everyone how it should be done in French nationals, COR, and Euros and Sochi!~
    I mostly agree, but I don't think the overall standard was that impressive, other than Machida (and to a lesser extent, Rippon) - the high scores do not mean that the skating was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I'm still not convinced Brian is the sweet innocent little angel that everyone's making out he is in this scenario.
    Because the FFSG has such a good track record with its skaters?

Joubert said he'd skip the Masters several days before the event. It appears as though the federation did not communicate its intentions until well after the event. While Joubert has made some questionable decisions in his career, I don't see how he can be blamed for this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Joubert said he'd skip the Masters several days before the event. It appears as though the federation did not communicate its intentions until well after the event. While Joubert has made some questionable decisions in his career, I don't see how he can be blamed for this one.
    Yep, I guess had he known that skipping Masters meant no SA, he would have participated despite being undertrained. Or at least he wouldn't go around telling everyone he's waiting for his Detroit flight tickets.

vCash
    It might be that Didier Gailhaguet prevents Joubert from participating the Russian GP, too.

http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/T...oubert-1685761

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Oy vey! Well hopefully Brian showed he was in good form and DG will allow him to go to CoR.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I don't think Gailhaguet would go to Poitiers just for that purpose, and I doubt he can pull off the same "medical WD" shenanigans twice, especially since the Rostelecom field is already small. I'm still surprised it was allowed for Skate America, considering Joubert is an invited skater, not some kind of host pick.

My guess is that Gailhaguet is gearing up to take credit if Joubert does well this season (because he intervened right on time) or cut him loose if he doesn't (since Joubert did not follow the federation's plans to the letter).

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The article says that Gailhaguet was in Poitiers to inspect the rink before the official re-opening on Saturday.

He certainly can pull off a medical WD, if he says that Joubert is not in shape to be competing because of previous medal issues, especially with the ISU claiming that the GP is the cream of the crop, hence the small number of skaters allowed to participate in it.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Banned Member
    vCash
    Let's not forget that it was DIDIER who made up all the stories about Surya being from Reunion Island, when in reality, she was born in Nice and adopted.

He is a liar and a fraud, and he even was kicked out of the ISU for awhile due to his lying and scheming.

Didier is a man with no redeemable qualities. SorryBoutIT.

vCash
    The article said that the participation at CoR is "possible" and that DG went to Poitiers to see if Joubert is in good shape or not because "I don't wish Joubert goes anywhere if he is diminished".
    I hope Joubert can do whatever he wants for his final season.

vCash
    I certainly hope Brian is allowed to go, he deserves his last GP appearance. And since Amodio is apparently not in top form either and placed as low as 6th at CoC, perhaps they shouldn't be too harsh on Joubert after all.

vCash
    Where's Joubert? French star MIA in 2013-14
    Training relocations, squabble with federation affect skater's preparation

Posted 11/13/13 by Jean-Christophe Berlot, special to icenetwork
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/...orget-his-name
    Excerpt:
    Shortly after that, Joubert learned that he would not be going to Detroit for the first of his Grand Prix assignments of the season, Skate America. Some suggested that the French federation wanted to punish him for withdrawing from the French Masters at the last minute, which the Federation strongly denied afterward.

"At least I would have liked it to be more open," Joubert said. "There was no discussion at all. The French federation could have at least called me. I tried to call them several times, as I was worried not to receive my plane tickets, but no one ever answered."
    At the end of last season, it seemed obvious that both Florent Amodio and Joubert would qualify easily for the Olympics (France has won two berths for Sochi). Joubert's poor shape at the end of the summer made some wonder whether he would be selected at all.

So for now, Joubert is training hard to catch time back. The good thing with him is that, as one of his teammates suggested, "We know that we can trust him to be ready when it matters." Joubert's next Grand Prix is supposed to be the Rostelecom Cup next week. It should provide a hint on what his real form is.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-14-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ETA: Brainfreeze moment. I need coffee...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Just look at that face ... and body. How can he not be a "sweet innocent little angel"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Where's Joubert? French star MIA in 2013-14
    Training relocations, squabble with federation affect skater's preparation

Posted 11/13/13 by Jean-Christophe Berlot, special to icenetwork
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/...orget-his-name
    Excerpt:
    Great article, thanks for posting it, Sylvia.

Except I disagree with the author on one point - Evgeni Plushenko (the oldest of the three) has already competed this season (aka Volvo Cup), thus he is ahead of the other two, therein lies the difference. jmho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinna View Post
    The article said that the participation at CoR is "possible" and that DG went to Poitiers to see if Joubert is in good shape or not because "I don't wish Joubert goes anywhere if he is diminished".
    I hope Joubert can do whatever he wants for his final season.
    What?? Didn't Joubert himself EARN his spots on the GP? Why shouldn't he be allowed to skate? I don't understand Didier's meddling. If Joubert skates crappy, he won't get GP spots again (if he even competes after this season, which doesn't seem likely).
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    What?? Didn't Joubert himself EARN his spots on the GP? Why shouldn't he be allowed to skate? I don't understand Didier's meddling. If Joubert skates crappy, he won't get GP spots again (if he even competes after this season, which doesn't seem likely).
    Yes, Joubert earned his GP spots as a top 12 finisher at Worlds. I don't know why they're suddenly being controlled by the FFSG, and hopefully at Rostelecom is not really as questionable as the article suggests.

Since Joubert is retiring after the Olympics, he's not going to be earning spots for the 2014 GP, or competing in it, for that matter.

vCash
    From L'Equipe - "Joubert encore forfeit?": http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...forfait/417157
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Joubert is . Therefore he should be allowed to skate. That is all.

vCash
    Looks like it's a done deal (nothing from the FFSG yet, however).

Can someone please point out to Gailhaguet that he does not get to control GP assignments outside of TEB? I don't think this will do Joubert any favors in terms of the rest of the season, and at a minimum I hope he will skate internationally before Euros.

What was that about a secret new LP, though?
    Last edited by Zemgirl; 11-15-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast