Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Now, I want Brian to ask his release from the French Fed next year to skate with Valentina!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Now, I want Brian to ask his release from the French Fed next year to skate with Valentina!
    Yes, they should totally represent Italy, it would be a nice revenge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Isn´t French Masters organized every year (or a similar event)? In that case Joubert should know the rules. About Joubert´s condition, isn´t he nearly always a slow starter in the season?
    BIB: as far as I'm aware, there has not previously been a "rule" about sanctions if you don't go to Masters. Skaters are supposed to attend, but Carron/Jones missed it in 2011, but 3 weeks later went to Coupe de Nice and did all of their Grand Prix events. Joubert gave a reasonable excuse - he has had boot problems & consequently was not ready to compete - plus it's understandable at his age that he would not want to compete too much and would rather save himself for competitions where he can pick up ranking points. I do not understand why FFSG has done this.

vCash
    New article, Google Translate to the rescue: Joubert says none of this was communicated to him, that he tried to inquire with the Federation last week because there were rumors they'd try to sanction him but got no response (stay classy, FFSG ). Both he and Guyon feel that this is severe and uncalled for, but he also says he doesn't wish to feud with the federation, and he won't pursue it further.

So at least one side is showing some maturity and sense, not that he has much choice. Really unfortunate that Joubert has to deal with this sort of idiocy and vindictiveness in his final season; Gailhaguet should be more appreciative of what Joubert has accomplished and contributed over the years rather than play his petty power games. But then, he does it to many French skaters, so I suppose it was only a matter of time before he turned on Joubert again.

vCash
    Have a great season, Brian! We'll miss very much seeing you at Skate America. Thanks for always showing your courage, desire, passion and endurance.

vCash
    I've realized over time that I am a fan and supporter of Brian (so long as he isn't winning any important titles, anyway ). The man deserves a living and he is a prime skating personality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    New article, Google Translate to the rescue: Joubert says none of this was communicated to him, that he tried to inquire with the Federation last week because there were rumors they'd try to sanction him but got no response (stay classy, FFSG ). Both he and Guyon feel that this is severe and uncalled for, but he also says he doesn't wish to feud with the federation, and he won't pursue it further.

So at least one side is showing some maturity and sense, not that he has much choice. Really unfortunate that Joubert has to deal with this sort of idiocy and vindictiveness in his final season; Gailhaguet should be more appreciative of what Joubert has accomplished and contributed over the years rather than play his petty power games. But then, he does it to many French skaters, so I suppose it was only a matter of time before he turned on Joubert again.
    There are two sides to every story. The truth is somewhere in the middle in most cases.

vCash
    The FFSG is saying that Brian has got the flu. Brian says it's a sanction. Take your side
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    FFSG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    There are two sides to every story. The truth is somewhere in the middle in most cases.
    Given the FFSG's track record (e.g. this), I don't think the truth lies anywhere near the middle in this case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    The FFSG is saying that Brian has got the flu.

vCash
    Now we have a new winner of the most idiotic federation. I always thought no one could ever top the Chinese fed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    Can someone explain why the FFSG behaves like this towards their athletes? What do they profit for this or are they just mean by nature?
    The only logical explanation I can think of is: Gailhaguet is insane. A scary control freak.

vCash

vCash
    This makes me understand and appreciate those skaters that were always there for their Federation no matter what, even filling in at the last minute, ala Michelle Kwan filling in for Sarah Hughes when Sarah had to withdraw at the last minute. The things these skaters do for their Federation is mostly unspoken, makes me wonder what else they did/do for their Federation that the public doesn't know about. All's I know is I appreciate all the skaters hard work, respect, cooperation, understanding, and always being there for their Federation.

ps: and I hope Brian's Federation forgives him and allows him to skate the rest of the GP without incident.

vCash
    Brian had already withdrawn from Masters, with nothing more afterwards. Masters are a qualifying competition for France nationals, but past champions have already skipped it from time to time.
    I get the point of 'if you're not ready for Masters, can you be ready 2 weeks later ?'
    From what Brian said, miscommunication is the key, at best (but he did not looked ill on the vid ! ^^).

Really hope to see it at French Nationals, was disappointed not to see him in Orleans (2 hours away from Poitiers). He seems to take this situation wisely, I guess he will come back stronger !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The only logical explanation I can think of is: Gailhaguet is insane. A scary control freak.
    And he wants to be the next head of the ISU???
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I have to agree with the poster who wrote there are likely two sides to this story. Joubert was very active this summer doing shows all over. When he did not show up at French Masters, giving what Gailhaguet thought was a flimsy excuse, I can understand the irritation. Other single skaters who did show at Masters were not in top shape but at least performed their programs. If Joubert truly wanted to compete at Skate America, which I assume he did, it's hard to understand why, with all of his past experience, he didn't approach Gailhaguet right after the Masters and attempt to hash out the situation.

Of course none of this excuses the late notice of the withdrawal and the different stories given the press.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    And he wants to be the next head of the ISU???
    Considering whom he'd follow, the bar isn't particularly high. For integrity, at least.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Considering whom he'd follow, the bar isn't particularly high. For integrity, at least.
    ^

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast