Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateSand View Post
    Maybe he didn't go to the little tiny comp two weeks ago because it was exactly that - a little tiny comp? And maybe he wanted to save his energy for the big comp this week?
    There's a difference between saying "I choose not to" and "I am not ready for". He stated the latter. I would not blame him if he had said the former and I doubt many others would have either.

with that said, did the French fed make it clear that French Masters was compulsory?

vCash
    Well, just my own feeling, but does anyone ever want to say to the promoters, "I choose not to?" It's usually more diplomatic to simply say you aren't ready. And, given his reported boot problems, maybe that actually was the case.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    The Organizer (in this case USFS) is required to invite an alternate if the withdrawal happens more than 7 days before the event.
    Actually, no. USFS would have been required to invite an alternate if the withdrawal happened within 14 days of the Team Leaders Meeting, which is the day (Thursday) before the event. Within 7 days of the Meeting, the ISU Grand Prix Coordination Group will consider allowing SA to not appoint an alternate. Between 7 and 14 days, the GP Announcement says nothing.

The alternates list discussion is on the Grand Prix Assignments thread.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4016915
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    SA just got a lot less hot.

Seriously though, I was never a big fan of Brian's, but he's persevered for so long that I just have tremendous respect for him. I hope whatever the issue is it doesn't stop him from being at the Olympics.

vCash
    I blamed USFS for sending Flatt out last year when it was clear she was not ready. France has the right to say that if you are going to do a poor job representing their country they won't endorse you going. If his federation wanted proof he had to give that. Since the last few years he has kind of been underwhelming I can see them saying "we want proof you are actually in shape and ready to go".

And this is why I am not a big Skate Ameirca fan. Half the skaters seemed "not ready" in Ontario when I went. Now that it is the first event we seem to get the subpar skating.

(and Americans are not watching on tv, because we are not winning. When NBC had to resort to hyping Weir's non exstent comeback, the cupboard is empty)
    Last edited by Carolla5501; 10-15-2013 at 01:25 AM.

vCash
    At the isu site, his name is not on the entry list and no replacement has been added

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Made4Dancin View Post
    Honestly, I don't think what I wrote is that difficult to understand. Americans want a fair sport. Casual fans aren't going to pay for something that doesn't seem fair. That's why this sport continues to lose money in this country and is relegated to 2 hours of coverage on major networks. No one seems to think what happened to Joubert is fair.

How is that confusing?
    There is only one solution. You have to get rid of Didier Gailhaguet. You are the chosen one Neo!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

with that said, did the French fed make it clear that French Masters was compulsory?
    Obviously not, otherwise Joubert would have known that. It's amazing how far they are ready to go in ruining somebody's season.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    If ever a "Death in my soul" emoticon was needed, it would be now.
    ٩(×̯×)۶
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I am so frustrated as well ... Sigh, just want to know the whole truth behind the scenes. I think that fans are owed an explanation ... Was he injured? Simply not ready? Or did he get punished (the most likely reason) ... And perhaps the skaters who could have gone instead (misha, rogozine) should know too. Transparency would only be good for the sport ...

But whatever the case may be, my support still goes to Joubert. At this stage of the career he should not be waiting for his air ticket then suddenly finds out he can't go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    There's a difference between saying "I choose not to" and "I am not ready for". He stated the latter. I would not blame him if he had said the former and I doubt many others would have either.

It doesn't matter why he didn't go to the Masters, because his GP assignments should not be at the discretion of the FFSG. But if you're looking for a reason as to why two weeks make a difference: the rink at Poitiers only opened in late September and his training was unsettled for a while before that, so he needed some extra training time before making his debut. Also, it's actually quite reasonable, at age 29 and with various health issues (see the article in print L'Equipe) to focus on a smaller number of events; in fact, Gailhaguet himself has suggested in the past that Joubert skip the fall season.

Assuming the story is true, it is the height of stupidity. Not only will this decision deprive Joubert (possibly in defiance of the rules and regulations) of an opportunity to test his programs before international judges, it also sends a strong message that "we don't care about this skater", and I think we all know what that means in terms of scoring. Considering what Amodio just showed on the ice at the Masters, it is quite unwise to treat Joubert like this. And making it a last-minute WD likely didn't make the USFS happy, either - why would you do that? But then, what Nmsis posted in this thread leaves little doubt that Gailhaguet's focus is not on what's best for French skating and French skaters (shocker, I know).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    There is only one solution. You have to get rid of Didier Gailhaguet. You are the chosen one Neo!
    But what you don't realize is that Gailhaguet has already cloned himself and is incubating in a slimy ice tray somewhere in Nice. The larval stage is nearly complete and soon an army of 12 will arise from the murk, each smellier and more repugnant than the last! Then there will be no hope.

vCash
    Can someone explain why the FFSG behaves like this towards their athletes? What do they profit for this or are they just mean by nature?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Made4Dancin View Post
    Honestly, I don't think what I wrote is that difficult to understand. Americans want a fair sport.
    I think the majority of us do.

vCash
    Isn´t French Masters organized every year (or a similar event)? In that case Joubert should know the rules. About Joubert´s condition, isn´t he nearly always a slow starter in the season?

vCash
    Had I been Joubert, I would have competed at French Masters, good form or not, in order to avoid a possible conflict with my federation. Why would I want to 'defy' the Fed by not going especially if they foot my training bill and arguably in my last season as an eligible skater?

I watched Amodio at FM and he was less than brilliant in both programs but so what, how did it matter that quite a few of his jumps didn't work and he didn't nail the quad? FM was just an opportunity for him to show his new programs and get some feedback from the judges before the real competitions, that's all.

vCash
    It's DG's way of telling Brian if he's not ready, he won't go to the games. You'll see
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    It's DG's way of telling Brian if he's not ready, he won't go to the games. You'll see
    speaking from a normal fan's perspective, there's no freakin way DG is gonna stand in the way as far as Brian's bid to become a 4-time Olympian is concerned!!

I would be so if more political pressure is mounted on Brian by this stupid Federation!

Anyway, I also have a feeling that Brian has been in the business long enough and is smart enough to handle any annoying stuff between now and Sochi!

I do, somehow, also wish that more attention is drawn to the skating and not on the dirty politiks behind the scenes ... and hopefully brian can skate the lights out in Sochi and let the skating transcend everything

vCash
    The Matrix unloaded.

Gosh, why am I not surprised?
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    The Matrix unloaded.

Gosh, why am I not surprised?

But on a serious note, it seems so pathologic that the head of a given federation is as famous if not more so than any of the skaters. Mega-lo ...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast