vCash

NHL 2013-2014 season

I didn't see a thread yet, so thought I'd start one for all of us hockey lovers.

Soo... Colorado. Wasn't expecting such a good start from them.

I also really want to learn how to go Hertl's in between the legs shot.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    It's nice to be able to see the Wings play before 10:00 at night. Wonder if the lack of cross country travel will help them.

vCash
    Yes, it is rather nice to see the Wings back in the East. Though not their biggest fan, I always thought it was STUPID that they were put in the West. I didn't get it when they were put there, never got it the entire time they were there. Makes for a more interesting race here in the East.

Welcome back, Red Wings (and all their fans) to a time zone that makes sense
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Toronto just stole one ... Minnesota needs to learn how to put the puck in the net. They've outplayed all their opponents so far this season.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Well...I expected my Leafs to start fairly strong, but did not expect this kind of a start. Tonight will really tell the tale as they take on the Blackhawks though.

However...However...I didn't even hope to think my Flames would be playing as well as they are. I still don't quite believe it, but I like it and happily take it.

Oh...Guess what!?! I checked the sked to see if either one of my teams are playing on my Birthday and they are. They're playing each other. Still can't believe it, but at least I'll be getting a win on my Brithday from one of them.

Oh...And Congratulations Joe Sakic on your induction into Canada's Sports Hall of Fame Thursday!! One of the Class Acts to ever play the Game and so well deserved too!!

vCash
    Really hope the Habs are getting all their bad luck with injuries out of the way very early, or it's going to be a long season.
    Parros first game and now three (Paccioretty, Brière and Proust) out in the last week alone, arrrgh.

vCash
    The Buffalo Sabres pretty much suck so far.

vCash
    The Phoenix Coyotes have an owner! (actually plural- it's a group). Orphans no more! They went to the WCF without an owner. Imagine what they can do with an owner in place! The main difference is we are seeing a lot more marketing ads for this team. Loyal fans like me are happy. Haven't been to a game yet this season- too many other things going on right now- but I will, a little later.

vCash
    MAJOR shake up in Buffalo this morning! Darcy Regier was FINALLY fired, along with Ron Rolston. Pat LaFontaine takes over for Regier and Ted Nolan for Ron Rolston. I hope things start turning around!

http://www.wivb.com/sports/sabres-an...nce-major-news
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    MAJOR shake up in Buffalo this morning! Darcy Regier was FINALLY fired, along with Ron Rolston. Pat LaFontaine takes over for Regier and Ted Nolan for Ron Rolston. I hope things start turning around!

http://www.wivb.com/sports/sabres-an...nce-major-news
    but they have to be careful and not improve too much or they might miss drafting connor mcdavid in 2015

vCash
    Edit: double post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aglee View Post
    but they have to be careful and not improve too much or they might miss drafting connor mcdavid in 2015
    It doesn't look like they have to worry about improving too much. They still suck. One win (finally winning at home) didn't change that. But it's a looooooong season. I guess anything can happen.
    I fully expect them to remain in the "holy crap, they suck" category though.

vCash
    Starting next season, Canadian viewers will have all NHL broadcasts telecast on either Rogers Sportsnet or CBC (until at least 2018).

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    It's that time of the Season yet again. Trade Deadline day and what a lead up to it this year too. Ryan Millar no longer a Sabre and the Roberto Luongo saga/mess finally over w/Roberto heading to the Florida Panthers.

The Canucks can say whatever they want about the timing of this and what happened on Sunday w/The Heritage Classic game till they're blue in the face. IMO, they aren't fooling anyone, but this whole thing has looked it was being run by the Keystone Cops, instead of a group of so called professional sports executives. Glad it's finally over and done w/!!

So...That to me leaves only one Goalie question left to find out about. Will Martin Brodeur still be a Devil at the end of the day? Have to wait and see.