View Poll Results: Which actor has been the the best Doctor Who?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • William Hartnell

0 0%
  • Patrick Troughton

1 2.33%
  • Jon Pertwee

0 0%
  • Tom Baker

9 20.93%
  • Peter Davison

3 6.98%
  • Colin Baker

0 0%
  • Sylvester McCoy

0 0%
  • Paul McGann

0 0%
  • Christopher Eccleston

6 13.95%
  • David Tennant

17 39.53%
  • Matt Smith

7 16.28%
  • Peter Cushing

0 0%

vCash

Which actor has been the the best Doctor Who?

Its the 50th anniversary!

The 50th anniversary episode, 'The Day of the Doctor', will be shown on the 23rd November. And, ‘An Adventure in Space and Time’, which is a dramatisation about how Doctor Who was created and the making of the first ever story, An Unearthly Child, will be shown the week before.

So, which actor has been the best Doctor Who? My favourite was Peter Davison

And which was your favourite story? For me, it is a tough choice between The Pyramids of Mars and Blink
    Last edited by Maofan7; 11-06-2013 at 03:05 AM.

vCash
    I like them all, with the exception of Eccleston, whom I just could not stand. I'm holding out for Peter Capaldi; I think he will be my favorite. I guess my top 2 favorites would be Davison and Tennant.

vCash
    Blink is my favorite episode of all time, although I was also creeped out by Midnight.

vCash
    Patrick Troughton fangirl here.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Tom Baker, hands down. I stopped watching when he was regenerated.

I'm always partial to the "Key to Time" episodes, since they were the very first ones I ever saw. I even have the full set of all 6 stories in a DVD box set.Also have "Pyramids of Mars" & "The Talons of Weng-Chiang" on DVD as well. Lot of neat extras on the Weng-Chiang DVD.

vCash
    David Tennant, no doubt.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    My vote went for Matt Smith but it's not completely fair since I've only watched NuWho... Out of the three Doctors I've watched he was the only one who was epic on his first episode, Eccleston is a tremendous actor but he had the hard task of setting the tone for the rebirth of the series and I think he tried playing it for the kids in a way that didn't suit him very well... as to Tennant I can't get over how harsh he was in season 2, so overall it's Smith.

Afterlife
    vCash
    Smith is my favourite. While technically Tennant was my first Doctor I didn't properly get in to the show until The Eleventh Hour, I was hooked after that. I like Eccleston and Tennant but Smith just really captured my attention and I was hooked from there. I have since gone back and watched the entire run of NuWho as well as parts of classic Who.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    Tom Baker and David Tennant
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    Another vote for Baker and Tennant. Favorite episodes:

Classic: City of Death
    New: Blink

I also liked the Key To Time segments. I also stopped watching when Baker regenerated. They've been rerunning All Creatures Great and Small on PBS, and watching Davison- I think he's supposed to be a lovable ne'er-do-well, but mostly I just want to slap him. That may have carried over to his time on Doctor Who. Although, he was said to have been reigned in in his portrayal by the executive producer of the time, Jon Nathan-Turner (whose time on the show is a whole subject on its own).

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    I've only seen the reboot but my favorite is easily Matt Smith. God I'm doing to miss him.

vCash
    It's really hard to pick a favorite. I always think of Classic and NuWho separately, since the way they are done is so different. I really liked Sylvester McCoy, but he was not done any favors by the writers. In new, I think Smith - but Eccleston is up there too. I feel like I'd like to wait on that.

I am so looking forward to seeing what Peter Capaldi is going to bring to it. I love him as an actor. He was so good in "Torchwood: Children of the Earth".