Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    lol I just read that and it blew my mind! Seriously, she's a mom? When did that happen...

Adoption maybe.

ETA: sorry I forgot all about what I was going to post after reading that part about Oksana being a mom. Anyhoo, I think I was going to say I agree with jenniferlyon's post about if she was taken advantage of then, yes, of course she needs to get that sorted out as well in court. Ita.

Also my quote about being nice is not just about Oksana, but about everyone, including Galina Zmievskaya. I read Lucinda Ruh's book when it first came out and knew exactly whom she was referring to, but alas my post was deleted over there last year. Hmm.... *note: "be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down"
    Last edited by NadineWhite; 10-19-2013 at 01:47 AM.

vCash
    I think the poster is conflating Baiul's facts with Oksana Grishuk's.

vCash
    rotflmao!

yes, I agree, everybody's still confusing her with Miss Grishuk, which probably annoys them both to the nth degree.

btw I've corresponded with Oksana G. and she's surprisingly one of thee most nicest people ever. jmho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    lol I just read that and it blew my mind! Seriously, she's a mom? When did that happen...

Adoption maybe.

ETA: sorry I forgot all about what I was going to post after reading that part about Oksana being a mom. Anyhoo, I think I was going to say I agree with jenniferlyon's post about if she was taken advantage of then, yes, of course she needs to get that sorted out as well in court. Ita.

Also my quote about being nice is not just about Oksana, but about everyone, including Galina Zmievskaya. I read Lucinda Ruh's book when it first came out and knew exactly whom she was referring to, but alas my post was deleted over there last year. Hmm.... *note: "be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down"
    Yeah, I read Lucinda's book, too. She doesn't name any names, but I always knew exactly who she was talking about!

Oksana Baiul doesn't have any kids that I know of. On Facebook, I've seen pics of her dogs, but no human babies.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    what did lucinda say about the unnamed person who may be galina?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    Years ago, when Viktor used to serve as Oksana's translator, someone from the online skating community remarked that Viktor spoke Russian with a heavy Ukrainian dialect while Oksana did not.
    I think the opposite is true - I don't think Petrenko speaks Ukranian. From his Wiki entry:

The Petrenko family spoke Russian which was dominant in Odessa, as well as a means of inter-ethnic communication throughout the USSR. Viktor Petrenko attended a Russian-speaking school where he chose to study English as a foreign language. Because Ukrainian was not used in his family or his school, he never learned to speak the native language of his own country fluently.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    I think the poster is conflating Baiul's facts with Oksana Grishuk's.
    OH, you're right and PASHA would just hate that.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    I am curious, too!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash

Oksana Baiul's expanded lawsuit against William Morris (now WME), SAG & others

If she needs money, I would think even though she has had her troubles and her skating went downhill, there would still be people who would pay her to coach them. She is still an Olympic gold medalist and was very popular in 1994. She even made it on the Barbara Walters 10 most fascinating people show in 94. I would think there would still be skaters who would like to be taught by her. She did have such a beautiful grace and elegance to her skating when she was young, it's too bad she lost that somewhat soon after.

vCash
    I read that book and only remember a short section about a Russian coach and son-in-law. Have to admit I didn't read every word, but maybe it was her being pushy. They were looking to train Lucinda and she and her mother (that was a hot mess) decided against it. Seems like I remember her trying to help them find a doctor to help with her many problems. Thinking back I can see why the skaters might see others only interest in them was the end result.

vCash
    Galina has a reputation for being pushy. In a different way then say Tatiana Tarasova, who is a total diva - yet has a devoted following in the skating community. I do believe, and strongly, that Galina was motivated by self-interest only when she took Oksana in. The way Baiul was handled by her team in the mid-90s was disgraceful. She was never given a chance to recover from her 1994 knee surgery, and forced to perform so her handlers wouldn't miss out on any $$$. It was a huge set-back - and combined with the growth spurt in 1995 Oksana's jumps went bye-bye. She was a really innocent kid in 1993-94. It's crazy how fast she spiraled out of control in the US. Who was taking care of this 16 year old child?? Who cared enough to say no to promoters and no to her when she wanted to go out? Such a shame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    It was only one, brief chapter. Lucinda wrote about how this coach was very eager to have her at the rink in Connecticut in the hopes that Lucinda would be the next OGM. The unnamed coach was overbearing and pushed Lucinda too far. Lucinda ended up getting injured. There was also something about how the coach, her daughter, and her son-in-law wanted to show Lucinda off so they pressured her into skating at some clinic-type event at a time when she should have been resting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perky Shae Lynn View Post
    Galina has a reputation for being pushy. In a different way then say Tatiana Tarasova, who is a total diva - yet has a devoted following in the skating community. I do believe, and strongly, that Galina was motivated by self-interest only when she took Oksana in. The way Baiul was handled by her team in the mid-90s was disgraceful. She was never given a chance to recover from her 1994 knee surgery, and forced to perform so her handlers wouldn't miss out on any $$$. It was a huge set-back - and combined with the growth spurt in 1995 Oksana's jumps went bye-bye. She was a really innocent kid in 1993-94. It's crazy how fast she spiraled out of control in the US. Who was taking care of this 16 year old child?? Who cared enough to say no to promoters and no to her when she wanted to go out? Such a shame.
    I had an online friend who was working on a biography of Oksana and even traveled to Ukraine and talked to people who knew her before she was famous. He told me that all the media hype about her being an unknown nobody was not accurate. She had competed at the Soviet Nationals when she was 12 or 13, before her mother died. The nascent Ukrainian Skating Federation knew exactly who she was and how much talent she had. If Galina hadn't taken her in, they would have arranged for her to train elsewhere, most likely in Kiev. Unfortunately, I lost touch with this friend, so I can't press him for details. I don't think he ever finished his book.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Primorskaya View Post
    Do you feel better after emptying your venom sac? I'm genuinely curious. Obviously the relief doesn't last long, as I keep seeing you spouting "SorryBoutItLuv" or whatever shite catchphrase you're using all over the place.

It's "Cosmetology" by the way.
    It was intended to be a pun, as I feel Oksana is often living with her head in the cosmos, and she seems to be a notorious person for being "out there." with all her D R A MAAAAAH, and she appears to be a space-cadet.

Yes, she should investigate trade courses on-line for Cosmetology as well, at least she can earn some cash without having to resort to litigation that has little to no credibility.

Banned Member
    vCash
    How is that mean? Do you have something against Cosmetology?

Or do you have something against the pun indicating Oksana is a space cadet living in the cosmos?

Banned Member
    vCash
    "Stealing a married father and having a murderous brother? "

OK, this is a clear comparison to KERRIGAN, and I have nothing against that absolutely venemous and e-ville and b*tchy response this is in regard to our Oksana thread.

BRAVO Heckles, could not have said it better myself!

SorryBoutIT the rest of you politically correct-obsessed posters out there. LOVE IT.

vCash
    About a year and a half ago, Oksana was doing guest skates in a couple local club shows in NJ, and rumor had it that she was shopping herself around, looking for a place that would hire her to coach. AFAIK, there were no takers mainly (again rumor said) because Oksana had no regular skaters to bring to a rink and had no plan to get any and that her demands for payment and ice time were too excessive. There was also a rumor going around that the Ukaranian Federation would have welcommed her back there to coach with open arms but that she had rejected the offer because she had better options in the US.

How true any of that is, I have no idea, but I heard the same things from several different people with varying degrees of connection to the camps involved.
    "You just can't underestimate the power of positive underwear." 2013 Fruit of the Loom ad

vCash
    Troll is trolling...

(I don't mean you, zaphyre14)
    Touching the void.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    I had an online friend who was working on a biography of Oksana and even traveled to Ukraine and talked to people who knew her before she was famous. He told me that all the media hype about her being an unknown nobody was not accurate. She had competed at the Soviet Nationals when she was 12 or 13, before her mother died. The nascent Ukrainian Skating Federation knew exactly who she was and how much talent she had. If Galina hadn't taken her in, they would have arranged for her to train elsewhere, most likely in Kiev. Unfortunately, I lost touch with this friend, so I can't press him for details. I don't think he ever finished his book.
    Oksana competing at Soviet Nationals is a well-known fact that was reported on television and in print articles after her worlds emergencece in the 1990s. I'd never heard the part about her likely going to Kiev if Galina hadn't stepped in. Thanks for that interesting information!

vCash
    Kerrigan seems like an incredibly unpleasant person but I can't be the only one who remembers the first Solomon wife originally saying her marriage was over long before Jerry and Nancy hooked up. Then Nancy made those bitchy comments, the media sharpened their knives and the first Solomon wife changed her story in an exclusive interview with some tabloid, where she likely earned some nice cash for her story. It always struck me as someone cashing in financially and personally on the media backlash against Nancy. I know I shouldn't let the trolls suck me in but I hate revisionist history. I never forgot that the first Solomon wife changed her story. But Nancy is evil so let's not let facts get in the way.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast