Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Oksana Baiul's expanded lawsuit against William Morris (now WME), SAG & others

Oksana Baiul's latest lawsuit is making headlines again - 2 articles:

http://www.thewrap.com/gold-medalist...despread-theft
    Ukranian figure skater Oksana Baiul has sued WME and a long list of plaintiffs — including several agents, accountants and the Screen Actors Guild — for a total of more than $170 million, alleging widespread fraud and theft of millions of dollars she says she earned in the years-long media blitz that followed her gold medal performance at the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer.

Filed Tuesday in New York’s state Supreme Court, the lawsuit levels 18 counts including racketeering, breach of contract, fraudulent concealment and intentional misrepresentation.

Baiul originally sued WME last year in Superior Court in Los Angeles, but dismissed that action — which only sought $1 million in compensatory damages and more in punitive damages — before re-filing her much broader case in New York ...
    Courthouse News Service article: http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/10/11/61964.htm

Original GSD thread about the earlier lawsuit that was filed in 2011: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...hreads-merged)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    $ 56 million ? I hardly believe..

vCash
    In the same year Baiul signed for William Morris, Olympic Champions and Ukrainian Financial Group allegedly brought her from the Ukraine to the U.S. to train at the International Training Center in Connecticut.
    A principal of Olympic Champions then confiscated Baiul's passport "as a means to control" her, according to the complaint. She says she was neither compensated nor given an ownership stake in the state-of-the art training facility, where she was part of the coaching staff.
    So, WHO is Olympic Champions and Ukrainian Financial Group? That would be interesting to know.

vCash
    This has now reached the bizarre status. Her lawyers will get what little she has left. Not sure who is advising her

vCash
    A few more details are published in this article: http://www.law360.com/articles/47950...with-400m-suit

Ukrainian Financial Group: http://www.ufg.com.ua/modules.php?op...e=index&sid=94
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Desperate much...

vCash
    for a total of more than $170 million

vCash
    Yikes. Poor Oksana. I hope she can find happiness. It is so easy to do for all of our past individual histories and play the "what if" game. But I really do wonder if things would have turned out much better for her if she had been 1994 Olympic silver medalist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    Yikes. Poor Oksana. I hope she can find happiness. It is so easy to do for all of our past individual histories and play the "what if" game. But I really do wonder if things would have turned out much better for her if she had been 1994 Olympic silver medalist.
    Or if her mother had not died. She just was too young to handle money wisely, on the other hand it would surprise me if she would handle money any better today. I hope it is not her greedy boyfriend who has suggested her to start lawsuits?

I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Desperate much...
    [CENSORED. EXPLICIT CONTENT] much...
    http://i.minus.com/ibr93x5KU5EJnN.gif

Banned Member
    vCash
    Oksana is an alcoholic. Maybe this would explain the behavior she exhibits as an adult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Yes, but the UFG info lists no management names or names on the contact page, just a general email and some interesting "references." Odd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    Well, just think, if she had won the silver, we would have an Olympic champion more bland and cringeworthy than Lysacek, then we would be the ones crying "Why. why..why?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    Well, just think, if she had won the silver, we would have an Olympic champion more bland and cringeworthy than Lysacek, then we would be the ones crying "Why. why..why?"
    Bland, cringeworthy perhaps, but damn worthy of the title and in sports, the best of the night should win. That didn't happen in 1994.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    Oksana is an alcoholic. Maybe this would explain the behavior she exhibits as an adult.
    That doesn't mean she is actually drinking. Once an alcoholic always an alcoholic, they say, but you can go many many years without touching alcohol.

I think she is being taken advantage of. Isn't her new husband (fiancee?) a lawyer or her manager? It seems this all started when she met him.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    That doesn't mean she is actually drinking. Once an alcoholic always an alcoholic, they say, but you can go many many years without touching alcohol.

I think she is being taken advantage of. Isn't her new husband (fiancee?) a lawyer or her manager? It seems this all started when she met him.
    If they got married, I didn't see an announcement anywhere. Her fiancee is her manager/agent.

vCash
    I wish she would do something better with her life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    You mean an alcoholici like other skaters who were caught DUI (e.g. Yagudin)?

vCash
    The opportunity to capture headlines is but once every 4 years in this sport isn't it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    You mean an alcoholici like other skaters who were caught DUI (e.g. Yagudin)?
    Wow managing to shoehorn Yagudin into this thread was pretty impressive, even for you!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast