vCash

Kurt Browning on Walk the Walk Oct. 12

Kurt Browning's episode of Walk the Walk airs this Saturday, Oct. 12 at 10:30PM ET/PT on Global TV in Canada.

Walk the Walk is a six-part documentary series that celebrates and honours the good work being done by everyday community heroes by surprising them with a visit from a superstar celebrity they have long admired from Canada's Walk of Fame.

From the press kit, here's the info on Kurt's episode (the other five episodes feature Nelly Furtado, Rush, Tom Cochrane, George Chuvalo, and Sonia Rodriguez - Sonia's episode airs Oct. 19 @10:30PM. The show begins Oct. 12 and airs Saturdays at 10 and 10:30PM ET/PT):

KURT BROWNING & NANCY EASTMAN
    Global TV - Saturday October 12th - 10:30 p.m

In this episode, Walk of Fame star Kurt Browning secretly drops in on Special Olympics skating club the Rising Stars, to give coach and everyday hero Nancy Eastman the surprise of a lifetime.

Kurt is one of Canada's favourite figure skaters, choreographers and commentators. He is a four-time World Champion and four-time Canadian national champion. Kurt was inducted into the Canadian Walk of Fame in 2001.

Nancy is dedicated to helping young people achieve their full athletic potential no matter what their disability is. She has spent years coaching and mentoring Special Olympics skaters, including 3 World Champions, and Kurt is her all-time favourite performer. So, she's more than a little surprised when Kurt shows up as her skating partner and also gets his "skating pals" to contribute items to the Rising Stars' silent auction, providing much-needed financing to Nancy's club.

For more info: http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/content/walk-the-walk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenes View Post
    Kurt Browning's episode of Walk the Walk airs this Saturday, Oct. 12 at 10:30PM ET/PT on Global TV in Canada.

Walk the Walk is a six-part documentary series that celebrates and honours the good work being done by everyday community heroes by surprising them with a visit from a superstar celebrity they have long admired from Canada's Walk of Fame.

From the press kit, here's the info on Kurt's episode (the other five episodes feature Nelly Furtado, Rush, Tom Cochrane, George Chuvalo, and Sonia Rodriguez - Sonia's episode airs Oct. 19 @10:30PM. The show begins Oct. 12 and airs Saturdays at 10 and 10:30PM ET/PT):

KURT BROWNING & NANCY EASTMAN
    Global TV - Saturday October 12th - 10:30 p.m

In this episode, Walk of Fame star Kurt Browning secretly drops in on Special Olympics skating club the Rising Stars, to give coach and everyday hero Nancy Eastman the surprise of a lifetime.

Kurt is one of Canada's favourite figure skaters, choreographers and commentators. He is a four-time World Champion and four-time Canadian national champion. Kurt was inducted into the Canadian Walk of Fame in 2001.

Nancy is dedicated to helping young people achieve their full athletic potential no matter what their disability is. She has spent years coaching and mentoring Special Olympics skaters, including 3 World Champions, and Kurt is her all-time favourite performer. So, she's more than a little surprised when Kurt shows up as her skating partner and also gets his "skating pals" to contribute items to the Rising Stars' silent auction, providing much-needed financing to Nancy's club.

For more info: http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/content/walk-the-walk
    Thanks Teenes! Our lad is busy these days! I'm hoping someone will go to the Ice Theatre of New York Gala with Kurt and Sonia on the 25th but so far no one has responded to my thread on GS. Hopefully, someone will report back to you!

vCash
    Thanks. I saw part of that show and it was good. Today Kurt was on "Steven and Chris" on CBC. That show is also on some other stations and they do reruns too. He gave them a bit of a lesson. Steven Sabados always wanted to be a figure skater. Somebody please convince him to try adult skating. He can probably even get lessons nearby from Brian Orser. Kurt had him try a 2 ft. spin. Chris....not so much. For Chris it was a big effort for him try to glide on one foot while being held up. Bless him for trying though.
    I am no Kurt fanatic or anything but for those interested, he was recently on George Strombo's show. They talked about BOB and also the Sochi Olympics. They may have touched on the anti-propaganda laws for a bit.
    For those who like Scott Hamilton, a week or two ago he was on some religious program (I was clicking through so I have no info) that seemed to be from Nashville, TN. He seemed very articulate and discussed something to do with sports and skating of course. He mentioned a book of his (Didn't seem to be a new release) that he has out. I wish I could remember more, but will post in case anyone wants to look into it further.

vCash
    Heh I am a Kurt fanatic so...

The Steven and Chris video (geoblocked outside of Canada, unfortunately: http://www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/lif...-kurt-browning
    The Strombo interview (a good long one and fortunately not geo-blocked): http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/videos/ful...-kurt-browning

vCash
    And here's the Walk the Walk video, unfortunately not available outside of Canada: http://www.globaltv.com/video/kurt+b...89315640#video