Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    On the Slovak skating association site it mentioned that since Monica earned the spot it is hers, it was posted the same time as the JGP assignments but I can't find it now.
    Maybe it's been deleted as a result of the recent developments.

That's one decision the Slovak federation might really come to regret. They should have waited to see how things develop this season and not have made it so hastily. Skaters' shape can change drastically from one month to the next, let alone one season to another.

Simancikova has done really well last season and did great in earning the spot in the first place but this season has been a disaster for her so far. I'm not sure if it's an injury or a growth spurt or anything else but she hasn't had a good event so far. Rajicova has had mch better results so far and it would be unfair to deny her Olympics when Simancikova isn't even likely to make the FS.

vCash
    Hopefully they'll at least send Rajicova to Worlds if not Sochi, assuming she beats Simancikova at Slovak Nats.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    If Australia is looking at the two for consistency and strength, Han has met the Worlds TES minimums for the SP and FS four times each in 20 tries in the last two seasons of international competition. In 14 tries, Kerry has made the SP TES minimum once and has never met the Worlds minimum.

If there's a tactic regarding Han's citizenship, and it is successful, then Kerry would have to make the Worlds TES minimums before whatever the deadline is for Japan Worlds.
    I have learned that Olympic qualification is lower than Worlds.

Ladies SP TES is 20.00, 6 points lower than World qualification
    Ladies FP TES is 36.00, 10 points lower than World qualification

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Maybe it's been deleted as a result of the recent developments.

That's one decision the Slovak federation might really come to regret. They should have waited to see how things develop this season and not have made it so hastily. Skaters' shape can change drastically from one month to the next, let alone one season to another.

Simancikova has done really well last season and did great in earning the spot in the first place but this season has been a disaster for her so far. I'm not sure if it's an injury or a growth spurt or anything else but she hasn't had a good event so far. Rajicova has had mch better results so far and it would be unfair to deny her Olympics when Simancikova isn't even likely to make the FS.
    In the article linked from the confirmation of Testa being awarded Slovak citizenship there was a statement from President of the SFSA (Felicitas Babusikova) that those two ladies are heading each other in Graz (Ice Challenge), Dortmund (NRW) and Bratislava 4*Nations Nationals and the better will be going to Budapest (EC) and Sochi (OWG) and the worse is going to Japan Worlds. There was no specification what does it mean better, but the first head-to-head run was won clearly by Rajic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    I think the minimum scores for Olympics are same as for Euros and 4CC, iirc?

Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    In the article linked from the confirmation of Testa being awarded Slovak citizenship there was a statement from President of the SFSA (Felicitas Babusikova) that those two ladies are heading each other in Graz (Ice Challenge), Dortmund (NRW) and Bratislava 4*Nations Nationals and the better will be going to Budapest (EC) and Sochi (OWG) and the worse is going to Japan Worlds. There was no specification what does it mean better, but the first head-to-head run was won clearly by Rajic.
    Thank you for that clarification, Oubik. That sounds fair.

vCash
    Im so bummed for Simancikova. Doubt SVK will have its oly spot if not for her but she's been boming terribly . Nothing against Rajicova but we already have enough suburban US ladies making the olys.

vCash
    I guess today we will know if Tobias gets the citizenship.
    I am not sure she will, from what I read this change in the law is not only about her.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post

Ladies SP TES is 20.00, 6 points lower than World qualification
    Ladies FP TES is 36.00, 10 points lower than World qualification
    Olympic/4C's/Euros qualification TES minimums are significantly lower than Worlds TES minimums, which is a difficult standard to meet. The ability to meet a top standard is one way to compare the relative strength of Han and Kerry in international competition, particulary since both have had a reasonable number of tries over the last two seasons.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    Does that mean that if Rajicova places ahead of Simancikova again at Dortmund NRW next week, she already has the Olympic spot since she's won 2 out of the 3 head of head match ups?

vCash
    Isabella Tobias may not yet have Lithuanian citizenship, but Google sure knows her nationality and place of birth.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    Does that mean that if Rajicova places ahead of Simancikova again at Dortmund NRW next week, she already has the Olympic spot since she's won 2 out of the 3 head of head match ups?
    Copying from my previous post: There was no specification what does it mean better, ..... So I can´t answer your question, you have to address it to the Slovakian Federation.

vCash
    Has anyone heard more about Piper? I'm hearing through the grapevine she may be granted her citizenship in time?
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Has anyone heard more about Piper? I'm hearing through the grapevine she may be granted her citizenship in time?
    Yes, in Moscow Paul Poirier said that there is still hope that she'll get it. I actually was surprised to hear that. Hopefully it will work out for them.

vCash
    If there's a tactic regarding Han's citizenship, and it is successful, then Kerry would have to make the Worlds TES minimums before whatever the deadline is for Japan Worlds.
    Han could still go to Worlds even if she didn't have citizenship.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Theoretically, but if they are playing around with her legal citizenship, then she'd have to be granted residency status, which might take a while to clear up. (She wouldn't need residency status if she's a citizen. Also, if the Fed choses one skater for both, Kerry still has to make the Worlds TES minimums.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Theoretically, but if they are playing around with her legal citizenship, then she'd have to be granted residency status, which might take a while to clear up. (She wouldn't need residency status if she's a citizen. Also, if the Fed choses one skater for both, Kerry still has to make the Worlds TES minimums.
    From memory, I believe the same may have been the case for Anthony Liu in 1998 leading into the Nagano Olympics.
    His paperwork was cleared in time, but it was so last minute, the skater didn't make it out of qualifying in Japan.

He did however, skate very well in Minneapolis a few weeks later at the World championships.

vCash
    Originally Posted by kwanfan1818

This has nothing to do with citizenship, passports, nationality. It's about other things to do with Skate Down Under- leave it alone folks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin Bean View Post
    This has nothing to do with citizenship, passports, nationality. It's about other things to do with Skate Down Under- leave it alone folks
    Like what?

vCash
    If the Australians sent Brooklee Han to Nebelhorn, who they likely knew would be the best bet to earn an Olympic berth, and are now debating, or as others are reporting, appealing her inclusion on the Olympic team, then that is just wrong! Memories of the Miriam Manzano and Stephanie Zhang fiasco in 2002.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    reut just linked to an article in Lithuanian that the President of Lithuania has granted Isabella Tobias citizenship by exception, which is great news for Tobias/Stagniunas, and not such great news for Testa/Csollay:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4067800

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast