Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    it is kind of quirky. Happened once yesterday, but not since
    Hmm, weird indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    Yup, just happened again when I edited a post I've just made in ss. Instead of going straight back to the thread, there is an extra page(?) which pops up. Sorry, that's the best way I can describe it. Maybe that is just a new format?
    Yeah, you're right actually. It's another page that's called, and it shouldn't be called. I know the cause of it, however it seems something else may be causing a similar effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    I just edited a post now in Other Sports and got the same message about Variables.

ETA - "only variables should be passed by reference" (from this own post lol) - must be common enough since Google completed it right away.
    Thanks Lara. Tried posting there, but didn't get it. Could you verify?
    Aakif Nazir

vCash
    Posting or editing? Only happens during editing, I've never had it occur with the original post.

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Posting or editing? Only happens during editing, I've never had it occur with the original post.
    Tried both, couldn't reproduce.
    Aakif Nazir

vCash
    It only happens during editing. And last night or this morning, I can't remember now, it happened again. I cleared my cookies last night - maybe that will help? I also can't remember if it happens on my smartphone - I don't think so. But then it is pretty hard to post from phone, so I don't know how much editing I do on the smartphone.

Administrator
    vCash
    It only happens during editing. And last night or this morning, I can't remember now, it happened again. I cleared my cookies last night - maybe that will help? I also can't remember if it happens on my smartphone - I don't think so. But then it is pretty hard to post from phone, so I don't know how much editing I do on the smartphone.
    Hard coded a fix in to the software. Should be completely fixed now.
    Aakif Nazir

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Server Guy - maybe you know the answer to this question, maybe not.

Ever since I upgraded my iPhone 5 to OS 7, I randomly get kicked out of FSU and have to log back in, even though the "remember me" box is checked. I have been using the Tapatalk App to view FSU. Any idea why?

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Server Guy - maybe you know the answer to this question, maybe not.

Ever since I upgraded my iPhone 5 to OS 7, I randomly get kicked out of FSU and have to log back in, even though the "remember me" box is checked. I have been using the Tapatalk App to view FSU. Any idea why?
    That's weird indeed. I use Tapatalk here as well, with an iPhone 5 on iOS 7, works like a charm. I've updated the plugin on the site, perhaps it was a bug. Let me know if it still occurs and I'll investigate further.
    Aakif Nazir

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Thanks

vCash
    Server Guy, I'm still not allowed into FSU with tapatalk. I have an android phone. Tried logging out and logging back in. Still no luck. Keeps advising me to contact the forum administrator.

vCash
    I have been encountering problems with Tapatalk also. On my 1st gen iPad (iOS 5.1.1), it displays a message indicating access to the forum from Tapatalk HD is restricted, or the plugin is not working. On my 2nd gen iPod Touch (iOS 6.1.3), I can get a little further. I can see the forums and threads within, but I can't open the threads. A "network error" message is displayed. The problems seem to have started yesterday. Everything on both devices works OK for the GS board.

ETA: apparently the thread descriptions I can see on my iPod Touch must be old cached information. They don't match the thread listings I see when I access FSU via the Safari browser instead.

ETA #2: Just cleared the Tapatalk cache on my iPod. Now it is just hangs (busy) when trying to access FSU. Nothing is displayed, including any error messages.
    Last edited by rvi5; 11-03-2013 at 04:44 AM.

vCash
    Tapatalk isn't refreshing for me, either, on my ipad mini ios7. Nov 1 is the most recent post date. I kinda assume the problem is on Tapatalk's side, but I figured I should add to the info here.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Hi Heroic Server Guy. Thought I'd chime in to say I'm getting the Tapatalk "failed to connect to forum" on both my Nexus 7 and my android cell phone, too
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I've always used Forum Runner and haven't had any problems.

Not that that fixes the Tapatalk issue, but it is another option.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Administrator
    vCash
    Weird. Looking in to this. As Prancer says, Forum Runner is still an option if you're on iOS.
    Aakif Nazir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Server Guy View Post
    Weird. Looking in to this. As Prancer says, Forum Runner is still an option if you're on iOS.
    Any options for an Android phone? Accessing FSU on Tapatalk wasn't working for me, so I upgraded it. Still not working...
    Creating drama!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    I uninstalled Tapatalk then reinstalled. Didn't fix it, so I dumped it. Does forum runner access FSU in android or just on iOS?
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    I uninstalled Tapatalk then reinstalled. Didn't fix it, so I dumped it. Does forum runner access FSU in android or just on iOS?
    I also uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn't work. I'm ready to try forum runner.

vCash
    I just use google on my phone and access through the web rather than try tapatalk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    Tapatalk isn't refreshing for me, either, on my ipad mini ios7. Nov 1 is the most recent post date. I kinda assume the problem is on Tapatalk's side, but I figured I should add to the info here.
    Having the same problem, but October 31 is my most recent post date.

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    Any options for an Android phone? Accessing FSU on Tapatalk wasn't working for me, so I upgraded it. Still not working...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maggylyn View Post
    I also uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn't work. I'm ready to try forum runner.
    I just use google on my phone and access through the web rather than try tapatalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Having the same problem, but October 31 is my most recent post date.
    Seems to be a problem with Tapatalk and their plugin that connects FSU to the software. Waiting for them to patch it. If you're on iOS, you can use Forum Runner.
    Aakif Nazir

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast