Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1010
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Thanks for teaching me how to read protocols!. It honestly concerns me that at this point, Tessa and Scott haven't perfected their lifts. The SS is alright because nobody got a level four on it but Tessa and Scott are supposed to be magnificent at lifts I don't know whats happening. I just hope the judges aren't too harsh on their spin at TEB. Last season the lifts were spetacular. I find it amusing at the judge who gave them 3 GOE for the ChLi Tessa really saved them.
    You've got to remember that with level calling, the tiniest detail could be off and it drops it down a level. If the difficult position they go for is a Biellman, and Tessa is a fraction of a second too late bringing the blade to her head - boom, down to level three. One of them grabs the blade a little too late in the twizzle - boom, down to level three. They slip off an edge from outside to inside in a footwork sequence - down to level three. More than any other discipline, the level calling in ice dancing really crucifies mistakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Not to mention the free legs! Once she's in position, she extends her free leg at the same time he does. It is mind-blowing.
    Yes, and actually, even more so because HE, the guy who has just transitioned into a forward edge, has to time the extension of his leg to hers rather than vice versa. It's like pairs timing jumps at the same time, only more difficult. A singles skater has a second or more to play with when they take off - pairs skaters don't, they have to do it now, to synchronize with their partner. Scott has to be ready when her free leg extends forward. He doesn't have that play. This time, as opposed to Finlandia, he simply extended his free leg forward without needing to bring it back again behind him. Considering the stability of the entire move depends upon that forward edge, the security and control he's showing, to be able to time his free leg like that, is spectacular. As always with Virtue Moir, the interdependence takes your breath away. They're oriented in the direction of travel and facing the same direction. There's no counterbalance or angle. If she's not perfect he comes undone. If he's not perfect she comes undone. As that lift is aligned, a balance check is almost impossible (save him putting his free leg behind him) It's her independent control of her body relying on his edge and his edge relying on her control of her body in space. There's no superfluous or redundant security points (redundant as in how a bridge or other structure has redundant support in case of structural failure).

Not to mention the edge she runs out after the set down is huge and gorgeous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I find it amusing at the judge who gave them 3 GOE for the ChLi Tessa really saved them.
    This makes me laugh so much. But I admit I had to go back and watch it again as when it happened I wasn't 100% sure if they had bailed or if it was just a really awkward, ugly lift performed well!

Also I LOVE the curve lift. Don't care if it's been done before many times, it fits beautifully and they are executing it well. Everything is just so much more beautiful when they do it

vCash
    The ex was wonderful....Stay is a lovely program so mature and sensuous.
    Waiting to go home and see all the programs again.
    Tracy, rod black , Buttle at the airport with us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    The ex was wonderful....Stay is a lovely program so mature and sensuous.
    Waiting to go home and see all the programs again.
    Tracy, rod black , Buttle at the airport with us.
    Cool!

vCash
    We need a new thread!

vCash
    Hey guys, I was at skate canada and on the jumbo tron they were showing videos of the skaters called like '1 minute with Tessa virtue and Scott moir.' I have been trying to find it on Skate Canada's YouTube site and they have weaver and poje's up but not Tessa and Scott's... Has anyone else seen it? The interviewer (terra Findlay) asks about the last concert they went to and the music on their iPod...

ALSO, a note on Skate canada... it was truly magical being there for that free dance and I was so teary eyed at the end. I also got them to sign my poster and talked a bit and even though it wasn't my first time meeting them, you realize all over again what truly gracious and appreciative people they are.

I love Tracy's commentary during the FD... it is a masterpiece, no question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Not to mention the free legs! Once she's in position, she extends her free leg at the same time he does. It is mind-blowing.
    God I love that. Makes me wanna stand up and scream 'DID YOU SEE THAT!?'

vCash

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051