CiSt3 = circular step sequence, level 3
    CuLi4 = curve lift, level 4
    Stw4 = sequential twizzles, level 4
    CoSp4 = combination spin, level 4
    RoLi4 = rotational lift, level 4
    RoLi3 = rotational lift, level 3
    DiSt2 = diagonal step sequence, level 2
    ChLi1 = choreographic lift, ALWAYS level 1
    Thanks for teaching me how to read protocols!. It honestly concerns me that at this point, Tessa and Scott haven't perfected their lifts. The SS is alright because nobody got a level four on it but Tessa and Scott are supposed to be magnificent at lifts I don't know whats happening. I just hope the judges aren't too harsh on their spin at TEB. Last season the lifts were spetacular. I find it amusing at the judge who gave them 3 GOE for the ChLi Tessa really saved them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Thank you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Thanks for teaching me how to read protocols!. It honestly concerns me that at this point, Tessa and Scott haven't perfected their lifts. The SS is alright because nobody got a level four on it but Tessa and Scott are supposed to be magnificent at lifts I don't know whats happening. I just hope the judges aren't too harsh on their spin at TEB. Last season the lifts were spetacular. I find it amusing at the judge who gave them 3 GOE for the ChLi Tessa really saved them.
    That was odd, but the highest and lowest GOEs are thrown out and the rest is averaged and converted with the scale of values to give the final GOE value.

vCash
    Well the 2nd rotational lift is new to the judges, so I'm sure they will fix it to a level 4 next time. I hope they don't change the choreo lift though... The moment where Tessa is lifted with her back arched is just so triumphant, and of course the transition into the lunge position is spectacular.

I still feel conflicted about the curve lift. One the one hand, it's been done before, but on the other, I really, really love the way Tessa is set down so gently and smoothly.
    Last edited by Happy123; 10-27-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Incomplete sentence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy123 View Post
    Well the 2nd rotational lift is new to the judges, so I'm sure they will fix it to a level 4 next time. I hope they don't change the choreo lift though... The moment where Tessa is lifted with her back arched is just so triumphant, and of course the transition into the lunge position is spectacular.

I still feel conflicted about the curve. One the one hand, it's been done before, but on the other, I really, really love the way Tessa is set down so gently and smoothly.
    This is my favorite part of the program!! So perfect! And I really love the curve lift too. Everyone else's lifts have "been done before" so I see no reason they'd change this one. It's amazing.

So excited to finally see a good quality version of "Stay!!!" Hope someone uploads it soon!

vCash
    It honestly concerns me that at this point, Tessa and Scott haven't perfected their lifts. The SS is alright because nobody got a level four on it but Tessa and Scott are supposed to be magnificent at lifts I don't know whats happening. I just hope the judges aren't too harsh on their spin at TEB. Last season the lifts were spetacular.
    They were spectacular but don't forget they struggled to perfect them as well and had to change one(?) as well. It'll be ok don't worry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy123 View Post

I still feel conflicted about the curve. One the one hand, it's been done before, but on the other, I really, really love the way Tessa is set down so gently and smoothly.
    What Concerns me is the second RoLi is basically a variation of their other lifts from Mahler and Scott still has trouble with the lift. It reminds me of the time before the second surgery during IWHYH where Scott was having trouble lifting Tessa. Perhaps reusing lifts is not for them. I too feel conflicted about the curve - maybe they could edit it slightly so that Tessa is facing Scott instead of her head on his shoulder kinda like this http://cs540108.vk.me/c322416/v32241...CCj84oByU.jpg? Little bit more romantic If that is psychically possible. The last thing we want is Scott rocking on his feet like a ship.

vCash
    Parapluies, I do not know if you are realizing this, but V-M are already out-GOE-ing Carmen. Just a thought.

Why would they edit a lift that is giving them good levels and GOE? It is one thing that you don't like the curve lift, quite another the results they are getting with it. As for the second RoLi, they can work on this and I am sure we will see a new choreo lift by the TEB. They have space to change it.

ETA: That picture above is mid-lift. a) He hit very lovely edge while lifting her, b) She was up even higher. It's a level 4 lift.

vCash
    What Concerns me is the second RoLi is basically a variation of their other lifts from Mahler and Scott still has trouble with the lift. It reminds me of the time before the second surgery during IWHYH where Scott was having trouble lifting Tessa. Perhaps reusing lifts is not for them. I too feel conflicted about the curve - maybe they could edit it slightly so that Tessa is facing Scott instead of her head on his shoulder kinda like this http://cs540108.vk.me/c322416/v32241...CCj84oByU.jpg? Little bit more romantic If that is psychically possible. The last thing we want is Scott rocking on his feet like a ship.
    For the 2nd RoLi, the final pose used to be a transitional move and not part of a rotating lift so I guess it must take some getting used to (it looked like they had a slight pause/ hesitation). The parapluies curve would be pretty cool but I don't think that would be feasible

vCash
    Golightly, I'm so thrilled by the GOE Virtue and Moir are pulling - well deserved.

The rotational speed Scott got on the first rotational lift almost blurred the damn thing and it got the audience excited. The straight line lift is stunning. Technically, Scott's transition is spectacular, and then there's how Tessa unfolds/opens her body into its deep arch. She takes her hand off Scott's shoulder and with that opens her left arm/shoulder/back/chest until the movement travels through her entire body, her body is extended and she's in position. Just watch that left arm as she lifts her hand from his shoulder and follow - HOW she gets to the arch/final position is a thing of beauty. It's like watching a flower open.

I think Scott's comfortable in the second rotational and so is Tessa, and it's a mileage issue to get it under time. It's not getting stuck and there's no problem they're trying to push past.
    Last edited by Subway; 10-27-2013 at 06:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    Golightly, I'm so thrilled by the GOE Virtue and Moir are pulling - well deserved.

The rotational speed Scott got on the first rotational lift almost blurred the damn thing and it got the audience excited. The straight line lift is stunning. Technically, Scott's transition is spectacular, and then there's how Tessa unfolds/opens her body into its deep arch. She takes her hand off Scott's shoulder and opens her left arm/shoulder/back until the movement travels through her entire body, her body is extended and she's in position. Just watch that left arm as she lifts her hand from his shoulder and follow - HOW she gets to the arch/final position is a thing of beauty. It's like watching a flower open.
    Not to mention the free legs! Once she's in position, she extends her free leg at the same time he does. It is mind-blowing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Not to mention the free legs! Once she's in position, she extends her free leg at the same time he does. It is mind-blowing.
    That is really a phenomenal move.

vCash
    There is another straight line lift on Stay, they one we just saw, that I love. It doesn't really fit the Seasons, but it is so beautiful I wish they used it in competition. There is also a very impressive RoLi on Stay as well, I can't tell if it is the same in the Seasons, but it has two or three lovely transitions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    There is another straight line lift on Stay, they one we just saw, that I love. It doesn't really fit the Seasons, but it is so beautiful I wish they used it in competition. There is also a very impressive RoLi on Stay as well, I can't tell if it is the same in the Seasons, but it has two or three lovely transitions.
    The first RoLi in Seasons had a catchfoot position, so it is a little different. The upside down position in Stay comes from Mahler and the next I don't think they ever used in competition. And yes it would be so cool to see the straight line lift in competition, but I don't think it fits either the SD or the FD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    [...]

The rotational speed Scott got on the first rotational lift almost blurred the damn thing and it got the audience excited. The straight line lift is stunning. Technically, Scott's transition is spectacular, and then there's how Tessa unfolds/opens her body into its deep arch. She takes her hand off Scott's shoulder and opens her left arm/shoulder/back until the movement travels through her entire body, her body is extended and she's in position. Just watch that left arm as she lifts her hand from his shoulder and follow - HOW she gets to the arch/final position is a thing of beauty. It's like watching a flower open.

[...]
    What a perfect description.

vCash
    Yes, they did Stay Its was amazing. I think they could use rotational lift from Stay for FD. They are so good in Swan choreo.
    And two more highlights - Patrick exibition, i think it was his best! And group finale!

vCash
    No! I missed it. And I posted the link too lol.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Stay was gorgeous. I LOVED that rotational lift and they looked very comfortable doing it. I also felt it flowed much better now because they have more ice to play with. It is a very beautiful exo, their most emotional perhaps.

vCash
    I hope someone recorded it. I'll look for a link when I'm really awake. BTW great discussions here. I'm enjoying it very much.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I hope someone recorded it. I'll look for a link when I'm really awake. BTW great discussions here. I'm enjoying it very much.
    Maybe on this channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/diodio0...?feature=watch

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast