Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    IMO They take the risk because that's who they are. They love the 'details', the extra something special even when it gets them nothing from the judges in return. They do it for us, for themselves and for their legacy. Scott and Tessa don't wanna be like everyone else and that's why people love them. I'm not saying they shouldn't scrap it or won't but I know they aren't gonna give in easily.

vCash
    Tessa and Scott definitely make it challenging to be a pessimist

re: details

I think if, in the end, it makes it too hard to do, they'll drop it. But they'll try to make it work first. And who knows, what they could come up with might be even better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Tessa and Scott definitely make it challenging to be a pessimist.
    Boy, do they ever! You try to keep your expectations in check, but then they skate like this and you can't help it. Too good.

vCash

vCash
    Weaver was clearly distressed by the mistakes that had befallen Virtue and Moir, at one point reaching out to touch the screen in solace.
    I have no idea if this really happened or not but I love Kaitlyn nevertheless.

Source
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Ah Kaitlyn, that is so sweet.

vCash
    Just back to the hotel.
    Tessa messed up the twizzle and that made Scott out of sync. Then the third set looked totally off too. The twizzles were right in front of me so we saw the miss really clearly. Scott made such a face that I thought he was going to just give up.

The rest of the dance was so spectacular. Of course I held my breath through it all.

After the twizzles I was so afraid they would get a 69 ie less than WP and maybe judges would slide them....but if you took out the twizzles it was an Olys worthy program.

Now when I go home I will have to see it all again. One gets so lost in the moment and the crowd when you are right there.

WP did a great job and great marks

I am hoping to hit a practice tomorrow but no wifi in the stadium.

vCash
    In the CBC print interview Tessa said they will probably look at moving the twizzles in the program because of her recent problems with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    I haven't posted in this thread before (I haven't posted in a while). That performance was sheer joy. I wasn't sold on it in the summer, but it's really a great program.
    ITA soxxy! Thanks for posting. This program is sublime. Their character and chemistry just amazing - and they were so fast. For V/M it's always a journey as they navigate their incredibly difficult programs and after all it's only October. I suspect that they could also be feeling the pressure of being OG medalist with everyone pursuing them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Yes, Tessa, ask and we will help you!
    I think we will have to form Shayii 's prayer circle .....that would be neat with us all over the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Ah Kaitlyn, that is so sweet.
    I know right. It made me tear up a bit because I just want to comfort Tessa and Scott too. But the most important thing is was a better outing than finlandia (or I think based on the comments I still haven't seen it).
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    This remind me Latin SD wich brought them gold in Nice, because they was much more better in dancing, then others.
    You are right Pani. They skate on a different level. wP were technically solid but TS make COP an art form....
    I feel privileged to see them live.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    In the CBC print interview Tessa said they will probably look at moving the twizzles in the program because of her recent problems with them.
    I don;t know how they are going to do this. What will happen to the step sequence?

vCash
    Oops didn't read your post but thanks for the report emdee!! Enjoy the free tomorrow.

Also will moving the twizzles help though? There's been problems with the ones in the FD as well (I'm including practice in this).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I don;t know how they are going to do this. What will happen to the step sequence?
    OMG! I don't know! They will probably remove the step sequence altogether!!!!!!ONE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I know right. It made me tear up a bit because I just want to comfort Tessa and Scott too. But the most important thing is was a better outing than finlandia (or I think based on the comments I still haven't seen it).
    and way better than 4 years ago at SC. I was there and the OD was a disaster, it was crushing and it was late in the season(SC was the last GP that season)and we all know how that turned out. So i just can't feel all that bad this time. After the past 2 seasons and their struggles with the SD this should be a huge relief for them. So comfort them for a moment then tell them to snap out of it!

vCash
    No one moves their body like Tessa Virtue. The opening of the program is an absolute dream to watch - WOW (and did I mention how freaking fabulous that step sequence was?!). I'm not too worried about the twizzles just yet. I think they will come with time. Very proud of Tessa & Scott in this outing. Really stunning piece of choreo.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Shayii, even with the twizzle error, this was a great early season outing for them. I can't wait for you to see it.

vCash
    Really sweet article. Not sure if anyone posted, but it made me tear up a bit! http://m.olympics.cbc.ca//news/artic...ada-28446.html

vCash
    I believe you guys gerbil. Can't wait to watch it once I get home!

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast