Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I blame the ISU. VM have to be 110% perfect to win while their rivals only need to be 80%.
    You blame Tessa and Scott, when all the time talking about they made junior lifts in FD and they did DW FD this season. So enjoy other dance teams (of cause if you know other teams).
    For me it's funny, when it's people,.who start talking about juniors lifts are the one who start.watching FS.since 2010 and only watch VM.and DW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Sorry, I have read most (if not all) of the posts on this and the previous thread since the new FD was debuted, but I may have missed something.
    do not worry it will be repeat again in very near futire you will not miss a thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    You blame Tessa and Scott, when all the time talking about they made junior lifts in FD and they did DW FD this season. So enjoy other dance teams (of cause if you know other teams).
    For me it's funny, when it's people,.who start talking about juniors lifts are the one who start.watching FS.since 2010 and only watch VM.and DW
    pani, please, there is no need to attack other fans just because they don't always like everything that Tessa and Scott do for 100%. We all have a right to be fans in whatever way we choose to be.

vCash
    The only person saying that both programs were interchanged is parapluies and I honestly don't know where that came from. I struggle a lot just to see where and how the programs were interchanged. Each team is doing their thing. Each team is playing to their strengths. The only difference is that V-M, for some reason, are held to this super high standard no one can ever meet. That is what I find unfair, so I do get where pani is coming from.

ETA: I do think criticism is good, though. We are always very critic. But let's not be simplistic and reduce a program to something it's not. Or put labels on it. What can be improved? Many things. It is nice to talk about that and share it. But labels are definite stamps we put on things and there's no getting out of them. We should know better than that. Programs are dynamic, programs change and evolve.
    Last edited by Golightly; 10-12-2013 at 05:32 PM.

vCash
    I don't understand what's going on here. We are all VM fans so does that mean we're not allowed to criticize anything they do? Come on, let's not pretend this program is perfect just as it is. They still have work ahead of them with tweaking and polishing this program and that will come as the season progresses. I don't think people are hating on Tessa and Scott just by pointing that out.

ETA: I wasn't directly responding to your post BTW golightly.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    hate V-M, hate D-W, hate Marina hate Igor hate judges hate VM posters hate DW poster hate VM programs hate DW programs, hate ISU. What is there to love but your self? O waite you hate that too

vCash
    No prob. I agree with you, Shayii.

This almost feels like 2009 and 2011 all over again. So, hopefully, the end result will be the same Also, I don't think we're talking about how crucial the SD is. I think this is the most solid SD we've seen since the format debuted. I see them in a exceptional position if they get their levels with this SD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokesh View Post
    I get the distinct feeling that this part of the program simply isn't done yet, that they're still filling in the gaps.
    I hope so because it definitely needs work. The first half is full of beautiful edgework and then the second half has the hopping, running, etc. that I don't care for. Not saying they've never done this at all, but not to this extent. And, as you say, musicality is another concern.

We all have programs we like more or less, I remember Pani hated Funny Face. I don't think it makes anyone a bad fan to point it out. If D/W fans think all their programs are masterpieces, then so be it. We all know that's not the case.

vCash
    Dont know, could i post this, but i like this comment on youtube about TS FD

GOD, Tessa and Scott have also changed their STEP SEQUENCES this year. What the hell is the problem? The fact that they have Mahler-ish costumes? This is NOT Mahler. Not even Mahler 2.0. They are entirely new skaters, new technique, new story. Changes of tempos, changing of holds, waltzing, new lifts, new spins and new exits of the twizzles every damn year. This is Tessa and Scott, their story, Mahler is part of it, like FF, Carmen ecc. But everything here is about THEM.
    I think the same.

As for unrespect to other fans opinions. Sorry, but its hard to belive, when i read about junior and unimpressive lifts from people, who even didnt watch junior competitions.
    As for curle lift i said many times - this is TD lift, then it use Frazer-Lukanin, then Dean give it to CP and GP. So its no way WP lift and just iconic lift from ice dance iconic skaters (TD).
    VM did so many lifts, wich other skaters using and there programs, that (IMHO) could use Dean lift, wich suite to the dance character.
    I really cant understand, where did you see a lot off hopes. So will be great, if you will post gifts or something with this hopes.
    And it will be great if you still post all this (especially funny comments about unmusicality in VM programs) and all others could say - even there fans hate there FD
    As for SD. You know, it didnt play well with audience at arena. I mean people couldnt see all this facial expression from TS (wich is great, when i saw it on photos) and it very complex, so didnt have such flaw. Of cause maybe when they will skate it clean, it will play better,
    Last edited by pani; 10-12-2013 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    The only difference is that V-M, for some reason, are held to this super high standard no one can ever meet. That is what I find unfair, so I do get where pani is coming from.
    The simple answer to that one is that there is usually someone on the technical panel pushing to have their elements put under the microscope, but that same attention isn't given to others. So I think it's a good thing that the ISU will control the composition of the technical panel for the Olympics.

vCash
    As for curle lift i said many times - this is TD lift, then it use Frazer-Lukanin, then Dean give it to CP and GP.
    I don't know the origins of the lift, but I do know C/P used it, or one very similar to it, in their 2008-2009 FD - and this was pre-Dean choreography. It was so striking it made the newspaper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I don't know the origins of the lift, but I do know C/P used it, or one very similar to it, in their 2008-2009 FD - and this was pre-Dean choreography. It was so striking it made the newspaper.
    Didnt find in TD programs this lift yet, but found this

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...ate_Canada.jpg
    And they did this lift the year before too. Sad, i couldnt find there programs on youtube. I love there Tango OD and Dream on FD/ Its was choreo from Dean.

TS FD practice from another side of the board.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjPbU...uSanNYYPfgOTzB
    Last edited by pani; 10-13-2013 at 11:01 AM.

vCash
    SC Competition/practice shedule (if someone will go)

http://www.skatecanada.ca/Portals/2/...chedule-EN.pdf

vCash
    SC Competition/practice shedule (if someone will go)

http://www.skatecanada.ca/Portals/2/...chedule-EN.pdf
    Unfortunately, I won't be there until Friday. Maybe Coriana will be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Unfortunately, I won't be there until Friday. Maybe Coriana will be there.
    In any case you could watch Friday or Saturday practice (if you want).
    I am wonder, will SC show live stream of Thursday practice, like they did last season and before on SkateBuzz?

vCash
    Was Scott singing there? It appears he was!

vCash
    In any case you could watch Friday or Saturday practice (if you want).
    I am wonder, will SC show live stream of Thursday practice, like they did last season and before on SkateBuzz?
    I arrive Friday at noon so that's out.
    However I will go for Saturday practice if I am well. I had a bad fall two weeks ago and still in pain. Since I have booked flights etc i will still go but will be careful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I arrive Friday at noon so that's out.
    However I will go for Saturday practice if I am well. I had a bad fall two weeks ago and still in pain. Since I have booked flights etc i will still go but will be careful.
    O, so sorry. Get well soon! Of cause better to be carefull in this case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    The only person saying that both programs were interchanged is parapluies and I honestly don't know where that came from. I struggle a lot just to see where and how the programs were interchanged. Each team is doing their thing. Each team is playing to their strengths. The only difference is that V-M, for some reason, are held to this super high standard no one can ever meet. That is what I find unfair, so I do get where pani is coming from.

ETA: I do think criticism is good, though. We are always very critic. But let's not be simplistic and reduce a program to something it's not. Or put labels on it. What can be improved? Many things. It is nice to talk about that and share it. But labels are definite stamps we put on things and there's no getting out of them. We should know better than that. Programs are dynamic, programs change and evolve.
    I was paraphrasing Marina what she said after worlds. I don't know why everyone is so mad but I hope Mokesh is right. Maybe Seasons looked less prepared than Schez at Finland because they are in the middle of editing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I was paraphrasing Marina what she said after worlds. I don't know why everyone is so mad but I hope Mokesh is right. Maybe Seasons looked less prepared than Schez at Finland because they are in the middle of editing it.
    First of all, she said this after GPF. And this interview was in Russian press. Did you understand Russian?
    Second, what junior ice dance team did you know?
    Third, please, post video if hope and running in VM FD. If you what are you talking about.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast