Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    vCash
    Loving the positivity here and very impressed by V/M's fans from around the world who stayed up at all hours to watch them live!

Thread title suggestion: "Seasons of Love". (From Rent )

vCash
    I like both Seasons of Love and Straight From the Heart.

vCash
    Btw what was the level they got on the spin? Im terrible at reading protocols.

vCash
    I thought the title with seasons was being saved for later. The one proustable came up with.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Nice to see all the positive comments. After Finland it seemed uncertain, I wasn't certain myself but after today I really like it and I know by Sochi I will love it. Tracy said it has Olympics written all over it and she's right. This program gives them an oppourtunity to absolutely create 'a moment', bring people to their feet and bring them to tears. I don't care about the mistakes today, V/M build that's what they do and this program needs that, it's made for that, for that moment and that moment will be Sochi. I can't wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Level four.

ETA: My thread suggestion was "Seventeen Seasons to Sochi" to celebrate their seventeen seasons together as partners, but people wanted to wait until closer to the Olympics.

vCash
    What at beautiful skate they had! If initially I was slightly disappointed with the FD (I will write about the reasons later), then now I am starting to love it. It really was touching. Although I was so nervous during their skate that I could truly appreciate that only on the second viewing. A pity for the choreographic lift, though. Probably they need to change the lift if they are having problems with it? As for the score, I did hope for more, but overall this is not a bad start. Now it can only get better. I hope that parapluies is wrong about what kind of scores we can expect at TEB .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    We may have to be in a minority together, because I don't think they're 100% sure either.
    I think so too. I'm thinking they'll make their final decision after Sochi.

vCash
    I missed the FD PBP (thought it was tomorrow) but when I checked the marks and read the feedback here about V&M's performance, it put a smile on my face. Unlike last year, I feel these marks are fair and in line with what they did and we can see how much more they will do. I'm so happy right now and glad we all seem to be in agreement. I think that Tessa and Scott seem to be in a different place this year than last and their experience at Skate Canada this weekend will bolster their confidence in themselves. Can't wait for TEB; they should be magnificent. I'm feeling the way I felt during the last Olympic season. Hopefully that's a good sign.

I'm also thinking that Tessa and Scott won't make any real decision on whether or not to continue until after Sochi. I don't think they will do another four years and it's of course up to them to decide how they feel but if they are up to it, the selfish fan part would love two more years. Without all the crap from the past few seasons of course.

vCash
    I'd like to tell about my view on the FD borrowing an idea from pani. Like her, i've always felt i was watching their souls dancing.
    Infact, what I personally adore about the program is its level of abstraction. It is supposed to tell their story, so we expect to see events of their life and work together clearly narrated by their movements. The program does this, but from an interior point of view. It narrates their memories, feelings and emotions related to those events, in a symbolic way. So the program is a meditation on their lives and the protagonists of the program are their souls.
    The 4 different music pieces are brilliantly connected to each other in order to tell the story of these two souls. The pieces take up a particular meaning and expressiveness by being connected into one sequence. As a second element of abstraction, the change of melodies and tempos really gives the idea of the flow of time in which their souls live. just like sensing the flow of time by observing the life of a leaf through the seasons. And this is what captivates me the most.
    Pink Floyd was an other abstract program and that's why it's my fave along with Seasons.
    I'm so looking forward to see it in beautiful Paris. It will be great to see our idols knowing that some of you are there too! I still remember the burst of emotion when I saw their Mahler live.

vCash
    Just wondering that if they got emotional during SC, then how emotional it will be for them at nationals and olympics.. It´s never easy to end a sport career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    I'd like to tell about my view on the FD borrowing an idea from pani. Like her, i've always felt i was watching their souls dancing.
    Infact, what I personally adore about the program is its level of abstraction. It is supposed to tell their story, so we expect to see events of their life and work together clearly narrated by their movements. The program does this, but from an interior point of view. It narrates their memories, feelings and emotions related to those events, in a symbolic way. So the program is a meditation on their lives and the protagonists of the program are their souls.
    The 4 different music pieces are brilliantly connected to each other in order to tell the story of these two souls. The pieces take up a particular meaning and expressiveness by being connected into one sequence. As a second element of abstraction, the change of melodies and tempos really gives the idea of the flow of time in which their souls live. just like sensing the flow of time by observing the life of a leaf through the seasons. And this is what captivates me the most.
    Pink Floyd was an other abstract program and that's why it's my fave along with Seasons.
    I'm so looking forward to see it in beautiful Paris. It will be great to see our idols knowing that some of you are there too! I still remember the burst of emotion when I saw their Mahler live.
    I agree with all you said, marty.

vCash
    About the choreographic lift, I think it was Scott who aborted it. I like the two rotational lifts back to back - sort of like a quad at each end of the rink - but with the emotion that Scott was obviously feeling, it probably drained him to the point that he couldn't safely complete it. I think I heard Tracy Wilson call it a masterpiece and said it was quintessential Virtue and Moir.

Could someone explain rockers and choctaws for me?

vCash
    gkelly does a really good job of explaining all the turns and steps of ice dance, with videos, here:
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...dges-and-turns

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    From their FD:

Executed Element
    SlLi4 = straight line lift , Level 4
    CiSt3 = circular step sequence, level 3
    CuLi4 = curve lift, level 4
    Stw4 = sequential twizzles, level 4
    CoSp4 = combination spin, level 4
    RoLi4 = rotational lift, level 4
    RoLi3 = rotational lift, level 3
    DiSt2 = diagonal step sequence, level 2
    ChLi1 = choreographic lift, ALWAYS level 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    What a lovely description. Makes me kinda misty eyed.

vCash
    ^^
    Adding to this... I felt like I was watching Nureyev and Fonteyn at the peak of their powers. What a moving, emotional experience (and that was just for me!)

YEAH!
    vCash
    Someone in the FD pbp thread mentioned that cbc had played the FD with commentary from Tessa.... does anyone have that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Someone in the FD pbp thread mentioned that cbc had played the FD with commentary from Tessa.... does anyone have that?
    The one from yesterday?
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast