Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Thanks for the pic and gif, pani. CatherineC posted a link to practice photos and one of them captures the same moment in your pic but shows their entire bodies. I love that they manage to dance while maintaining deep and sure edges. Look at Tessa on a left back outside edge and Scott of a right forward outside. Their upper bodies are so calm and their positions completely controlled.

http://photography.ice-dance.com/201...6198-VM-RR.jpg

For me, this is easily the best SD i have seen this year. It is so difficult and makes full use of the steps and overall styles of foxtrot and quickstep.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Kaitlyn is such a sweetheart - remember how excited she was when P&B beat W&P for a medal? It makes me want W&P to win a World medal someday, even though I don't care for their skating, lol. I don't think I've ever seen as gracious a competitive ice dancer as Kaitlyn.

I'm excited to see V&M not closing the door on future competitions. Tessa said this was probably going to be their last Olympics, so maybe they'll try to stay in another season or two to win more World titles. I would love love love to see them doing the paso SD next year.

With that said, they need to learn better how to politic themselves, as others do. Ice dancers used to really play up their retirement year, as if to tell the judges to send them out on a high note. So leaving the door open is a bit dangerous because the judges can say "ok, we'll give you a swan song next year." I also don't like to see Tessa saying things like "I went 0-3" on the twizzles and the reaction in the K&C... as Scott Hamilton always says, "don't sell the mistake!" The way that they talk makes it easy for unscrupulous "journalists" like those at icenetwork to cherry pick quotes that make it sound like they didn't deserve their score. And I agree with MarieM - PCS could have been a bit higher. No 10s for choreography or interpretation, which weren't impacted by the twizzles?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    Thanks for the pic and gif, pani. CatherineC posted a link to practice photos and one of them captures the same moment in your pic but shows their entire bodies. I love that they manage to dance while maintaining deep and sure edges. Look at Tessa on a left back outside edge and Scott of a right forward outside. Their upper bodies are so calm and their positions completely controlled.

http://photography.ice-dance.com/201...6198-VM-RR.jpg

For me, this is easily the best SD i have seen this year. It is so difficult and makes full use of the steps and overall styles of foxtrot and quickstep.
    This is exactly why V/M scored higher than W/P even with bobbles. Its this kind of stuff you cannot replicate.

vCash
    I agree Cherub721 - I think Tessa - just being Tessa - honest and a perfectionist- helped fuel the idea that they shouldn't have won World's with FF by admitting there were a few bobbles and it wasn't their perfect program. So many of those situations are no win for them. Every comment is analyzed and misconstrued by those who choose to do that.
    pug lover

vCash
    So no reports from SC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I cant not pay attention to this
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/...espite-bobbles
    Who is the auther? Is she is professioan sport journalst? She just show bad taste and the style is like 5-years girl write it.
    Typical USFSA propaganda/politking!

They're coming across as so desperate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    If it's really causing problem to do the twizzles in the second half, could they move it in the first half somehow? I love this progam so much, but sometimes you have to make adjustment.
    I think is is the problem. I think the twizzles should be moved to before the Finnstep when they're less tired and have fresher legs.

vCash
    Does anyone have a streaming link that's working? None of mine work for today!

vCash
    I don't imagine that Tessa would even mention the 0 for 3 twizzles if it really was a problem. Last year I thought something was bothering her but nothing was ever mentioned. This year she looks like the old Tessa.

I didn't read this article posters are talking about so I'll take their word for it that it is unprofessional - why would the USFSA support something like that? They may be pulling out all stops to win but is trashing their competitors really something they'd do?
    Weaver never showed much sportsmanship when competing with C/P, so I'm not sure I believe this epiphany. Hope she meant it.

vCash
    So no reports from SC?
    I heard through the grapevine they had an awesome FD practice this morning and that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I don't imagine that Tessa would even mention the 0 for 3 twizzles if it really was a problem. Last year I thought something was bothering her but nothing was ever mentioned. This year she looks like the old Tessa.

I didn't read this article posters are talking about so I'll take their word for it that it is unprofessional - why would the USFSA support something like that? They may be pulling out all stops to win but is trashing their competitors really something they'd do?
    Weaver never showed much sportsmanship when competing with C/P, so I'm not sure I believe this epiphany. Hope she meant it.
    I guess its because SC always pushed for/preferred C/P. And really if it weren't for V/M earning 3 spots for the Olympics, W/P chances of going to the Olympics would be lowered. You never know what can happen at Nats since SC judges score G/P and W/P differently than international judges do. So that's why they are so greatful to V/M.
    Last edited by parapluies; 10-26-2013 at 07:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I heard through the grapevine they had an awesome FD practice this morning and that's all.
    Thanks! Where did you read this?
    Fingers crossed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I guess its because SC always pushed for/preferred C/P.
    That I wouldn't know about, but IMO W/P lost the battles because they were just not as good in competition. It's a moot point really because of course, C/P are no more, and W/P have addressed their weaknesses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    That I wouldn't know about, but IMO W/P lost the battles because they were just not as good in competition. It's a moot point really because of course, C/P are no more, and W/P have addressed their weaknesses.
    Befor 2010 OG at Nationals Vanessa fall on twizzles in FD and they got higher score, then WP

vCash
    blueglass, USFS has been doing things like trashing competitors for at least the last couple of seasons. It's definitely become more pronounced over the last two years. Others have pointed out that Icenetwork is basically USFS' unofficial site and is used to help build up D&W (to be expected of course) yet slam V&M and make them seem far less than they are (which shouldn't be expected). They're on air announcers also do the same thing when it comes to the dance competition.

As an American federation I don't expect USFS to not promote the heck out of D&W but the damning with faint praise and passive/aggressive type of commentating done on American television particularly when it comes to V&M is low.

I love that Tessa and Scott are true sportsmen and I don't expect them to do the same thing to their rivals that has been done to them. However, I would be satisfied with them not being quite so hard on themselves and candid about whatever issues they have had. At least not in public. It has been used against them in the past. Even by their own coach.

vCash
    Not the right thread to say this as I try to keep this just about T & S - but - I think Skate Canada adores Paul Poirier. I think by now Kaitlyn and Andrew have more then shown that they are ready and can get the great marks from the international judges.
    pug lover

vCash
    Still over that SD. I absolutley love the phrasing of their Not Touching Midline Step sequence. And I just wanted to point out this transitional step in that step sequence. They come out of the mohawk and stay on one foot, winding onto an inside edge and back onto an outside edge. It so perfectly captures the improvisation of Ella in that section. That is some edge control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRdn...youtu.be&t=84s

vCash
    I'm ready to watch the FD!!! I'm really excited!!!!!!

vCash
    I just came in here to ask emdee if she went to practice this morning. I'm so nervous not sure I'll watch live.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Befor 2010 OG at Nationals Vanessa fall on twizzles in FD and they got higher score, then WP
    Yes, she fell off a twizzle but everything else was flawless. If you watched the Canadian coverage, Tracy Wilson explained why C/P still pulled out a win - W/P lost little points on elements throughout the dance and it added up to a loss.

vCash
    Seconding Princess post about excitement! ((:

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast