Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    In SD?
    No, the perfectly scored lift was in the FD. It's the one that's a variation on the rotational they've been doing for the last two years. Not that any of this matters, it's just interesting trivia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Unique unison, like always
    LOL PANI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    The reason for W/P getting better TES is that they got level four on both Finnstep patterns. See? That explains it. There was NO low-balling here at all. That is what one asks, that the elements are graded fairly. GOEs and PCS, those you cannot control, but they were good.
    What levels did VM get for Finnstep?

vCash
    L4 and L3.

vCash
    Whoo. I agree - it went better than I feared it would. I feel for the most part relieved, just a bit worried about the ongoing problems with twizzles. But the step sequence was just . The only thing - I realized that I don't like Tessa's black dress all that much. I am not sure why, but to me it doesn't look sophisticated enough. Not because it's black. It can be black, but... I really don't know. I want to see either a different black dress, or some stronger/brighter color.

vCash
    Welcome soxxxy! glad you enjoyed the performance

And thank you for the video, Proustable. Here is the key point I was talking about, the XB-LBO, XF-RBI/RBI Tw1½/RFO. I just started the video to show the last half of this key point--the exit edge comes at the end of 2:04 beginning of 2:05. Tessa appears to hit a flat on the exit of the 1.5 twizzle (or at the most, an edge that is barely leaning outside). This step looked great in Quebec, so I think it was just competition nerves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOUD...outu.be&t=123s

I agree with you guys, this is a dance from start to finish. A true dance. Rhythm, connection, full-bodied movement. IoanaC said it so well,
    They have no equal out there. And this SD showcases it wonderfully.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 10-26-2013 at 04:17 AM.

vCash
    L4 and L3.
    Oh thanks lol I should've just went back int he thread. Anyways there are a bunch of Ubers on twitter saying W/P should be above V/M because of twizzles

vCash
    I am still marveling at the step sequence.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    Alright, we all agree this is such a wonderful dance, now they need to fix the twizzle problem and see how they will be judged. Do you guys think they need to do the twizzle at the beginning and get it out of the way asap? Or it's a non-factor?
    I think they just need to drill them over and over again. Someone on fanforum pointed out that they think that the issue may be coming from trying to hit them perfectly with certain notes in the music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Oh thanks lol I should've just went back int he thread. Anyways there are a bunch of Ubers on twitter saying W/P should be above V/M because of twizzles
    Well, their twizzles were better. They were great in fact. But we know the difference is in the bladework. Anyway, I doubt those people are ubers, or if they are, they are very new ones or do not know much about how ice dance works.

vCash
    I think they are trying to get too cute with the hands. Really, it is not necessary, considering judges have stopped caring whether the twizzles match the feel of the dance, so might as well just scrap those hand moments there. If you notice, the way the hands are positioned, makes it very difficult to keep your center because you are not using your arms for balance.

ETA: Look at this wonderful shot of Tessa mid-lift. See how she uses her legs, arms and back to keep her center while he rotates her. Amazing. http://31.media.tumblr.com/56ae629d8...fdco2_1280.jpg

vCash
    Huge thank you, Proustable, for the link. My TV shows no signal . So mad to miss on big screen. That was truly WONDERFUL dance. So happy for them, that the judges seem to like it. They are simply the very very best (does that seem too much uber??), but I luuurve them.

vCash
    Well, their twizzles were better. They were great in fact. But we know the difference is in the bladework. Anyway, I doubt those people are ubers, or if they are, they are very new ones or do not know much about how ice dance works.
    I'm pretty sure they are. Some people will do anything to bring V/M down but when their favorite skaters make a mistake on an element and get big scores they just brush it off. All skating ubers are like this. If they care about fair judging, Where were they when D/W got level 3 on their YP and still set a WR?

Also I agree with you Golightly if the second twizzles is causing them trouble they should just replace it. D/W have been doing the same twizzles for AGES and they still get high GOE and PCS for it.

vCash
    I think they are trying to get too cute with the hands. Really, it is not necessary, considering judges have stopped caring whether the twizzles match the feel of the dance, so might as well just scrap those hand moments there. If you notice, the way the hands are positioned, makes it very difficult to keep your center because you are not using your arms for balance.
    You make a very good point. Why take the risk if it's not going to give them the edge.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    What!?! They don't do those things
    Yes we're the only crazy ones here
    Thanks for the pictures Ice Princess

Banned Member
    vCash
    If the entra features are causing the problem, stop pushing yourselves without rewards. People are getting perfect scores for the same old sets of twizzles for years now.

vCash
    ^^It just occured to me. Maybe what some couples do may not work for V/M? For ex. D/W hve been always reusing lifts but now that V/M decided to resuse lifts they still look rough.

vCash
    I also agree with Golightly. As much as I love the champagne hand it's not worth it if that's the reason they are messing up the twizzles.

I think Scott was caught off guard by Tessa's bobble and lost concentration and messed up his.

vCash
    They are not only having problems with the twizzles in the SD. I hope that they keep that hand and arm in the same position

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast