Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    No one moves their body like Tessa Virtue. The opening of the program is an absolute dream to watch - WOW (and did I mention how freaking fabulous that step sequence was?!). I'm not too worried about the twizzles just yet. I think they will come with time. Very proud of Tessa & Scott in this outing. Really stunning piece of choreo.
    THIS.

Also, thanks for the report, Emdee. Glad you are enjoying yourself!

Banned Member
    vCash
    So they are really thinking about moving the twizzles. Like I said before, if they have to, just do it. I'm sure they will come up with something equally wonderful or even better.

vCash
    Ohhh man, if they are getting emotional before going out and skating I may be a basketcase when I go see them at Canadians.

Perhaps for their peace of mind they should say what they've said all these past years -- we're taking it one year at a time. When this season is over, we'll take stock of things and see if it's the right time to call a halt to our competitive career. It has worked for them all this time so maybe knowing this is the "last time ..." for so many things, the emotions are getting in the way of them keeping their focus.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I forgot to tell you one thing. In the warm up Scott shouted out.... It wasn't a full roar but a mini roar.....I thought it was cool.

Professordeb, we are getting so emotional for them how much harder must it be for them to hold it together.

Pani is the only calm one this season.....

vCash
    Hope they don't do away with the champagne hands (?) for their twizzles. It's a lovely detail that ties the twizzles in with the dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Really sweet article. Not sure if anyone posted, but it made me tear up a bit! http://m.olympics.cbc.ca//news/artic...ada-28446.html
    Kaitlyn is such a sweetheart.

Those twizzles made me nervous but overall, I agree that it was a great performance. We all know Farracus was a labour of time and adjustments so I have no doubt that they'll get this SD there. But can we just focus on how smooth and gorgeous that SS was? *sigh* I could watch that ALL day, EVERY day!

vCash
    I thought they were just spectacular. I am a serious fan of Weaver and Poje but having seen both couples live at CSOI and at Canadians - Tessa and Scott are just the class of the field. I admit (ashamedly) that I am not the biggest fan of the short dance as a concept. I get what the ISU were going for but most of them I find disjointed and too element packed to enjoy. I am coming to love this one of Tessa and Scott's. Tessa did mention the shortage of rest times in the short dance and how fast paced the Finstep is so I wonder if that contributes to tired legs going into the twizzles. That might be reason to change their location. Anyway, I feel very optimistic - now if we could just shut Rod Black up I would be really happy.
    pug lover

vCash
    Watched it.
    Tessa and Scott are ALIENS.
    there can't possibly be a greater team than this one.
    For me, they are two, three, four times Olympic gold medalists.

p.s. Tessa, will you marry me??

vCash
    Good scores considering the mistakes who were quite obvious. A bit low on PCS though IMO.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Just look at all that dancing.
    The best pure icedancers in the field without a doubt. This SD really is dancing on ice; V&M practically floated across the ice.

I just finished watching the SD four times in a row. You just can't take your eyes off of Tessa and Scott. Everything they do has a purpose and fits perfectly with the theme of the program. Nothing is thrown in there just for the heck of it. Even though some of us (yep, I'm including myself in that "us") can get nervous wondering whether V&M are challenging themselves for no reason (the judges sometimes just haven't seemed to appreciate what they do), just looking at this program as a piece of choreography; a piece of art I get why they do what they do. V&M don't want to go out there and just present their elements in a SD that is forgotten two seconds after it ends. And worry about the marks aside, I love them for doing that. I can still see the program, hear the music in my head. Nothing about V&M is forgettable.

Golightly, that step sequence is brilliant. Everything about this program is mesmerizing. The deep edges V&M carve as they move about one another, the shapes their bodies make; Tessa is exquisite. And the expression...everything is there. Even alone Tessa is the best female dancer in the field while Scott is the best of the men. Put that pair together and it's magic pure and simple.

IMO this program is the best SD of the season and once V&M take care of the twizzle issue (I can see what people mean by the champagne hands), I think they can most definitely do quite well with it.

Tessa's dress is gorgeous as well, I love the style. If V&M do change costumes, I think Tessa should keep the general design of her dress and maybe just a change in color always sticking with stronger tones rather than pastels. I think though the black is elegant and fits the program.

Okay, gushing over. I need to see that again.

vCash
    I finally watched the SD. Shame about the mistake. It was upsetting to see them upset. I'm sure they were mad at themselves for the bobble. I'm no Marina fan, but I did feel bad for her because it looked like she was trying to cheer them up a bit, but they weren't having none of that and ignored her and she stared at them not knowing what to do lol.

ETA: I have to agree with everything you said Carmen. The quality of everything they do is really quite astonishing.
    Last edited by Shayii; 10-26-2013 at 07:44 AM.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I forgot to tell you one thing. In the warm up Scott shouted out.... It wasn't a full roar but a mini roar.....I thought it was cool.

Professordeb, we are getting so emotional for them how much harder must it be for them to hold it together.

Pani is the only calm one this season.....
    Thanks for report!
    I think it was much better, then in Finland. In Finland Tessa had some problems from the begining? then some mistakes on Finnstepp and then twizzles.
    I think if we are talking about choreo this could be best SD of the season, no?
    Nobody else didnt play so much attention to the ballroom dance this season. In 2012 a lot off teams try to show this mood, but noy now.
    MarieM, i know, you didnt like SDs from this season. What do you thinkj about VM SD?

vCash
    I already said it pani : it's the only good SD so far from all the ones I've seen. They've got the quickstep right (at least in the feel maybe a little work on the steps) and it's classy not tacky. The music is wonderfull not jarring, I ask for not much more
    Weaver and Poje come close, but they're lacking the quickstep feeling IMO.

vCash
    pani, that gif is the moment before the music began? I loved that little saucy shimmy while still keeping it classy. Even before the program begins Tessa and Scott really set the mood. Every moment stands out.

And that picture illustrates what so many here have talked about before There is no position V&M hits that isn't perfectly aligned with one another and the music. Even though Tessa and Scott are in different positions as dictated by the choreography it still matches/fits. Someone else could probably explain it better. And the stretch of Tessa's leg along with the pointed toe and her posture. Whether live, on video or in a photo, everything is picture perfect.

This program makes me miss the days of ESPN or Universal Sports. This SD is definitely something I want to see on a large screen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I already said it pani : it's the only good SD so far from all the ones I've seen. They've got the quickstep right (at least in the feel maybe a little work on the steps) and it's classy not tacky. The music is wonderfull not jarring, I ask for not much more
    Weaver and Poje come close, but they're lacking the quickstep feeling IMO.
    Thank you!

pani, that gif is the moment before the music began?
    Yes.

vCash
    I cant not pay attention to this
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/...espite-bobbles
    Who is the auther? Is she is professioan sport journalst? She just show bad taste and the style is like 5-years girl write it.

vCash
    Mhhhhhhh the article is nasty. Very nasty. Just ignore it !

vCash
    Love these.
    It's amazing how every picture of them is picture perfect.
    It was heartbreaking to see the twizzles and fear for them but today watching the whole program and divorcing the twizzle section one can see that the rest was spectacular.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Mhhhhhhh the article is nasty. Very nasty. Just ignore it !
    Sure, it's not the first, and it certainly won't be the last nasty piece written as we approach Olympics and the rivalries intensify. But the fact that it's published by a website/organization which, despite being American, is supposed to remain neutral - that's disturbing. I don't see CBC or Skatebuzz presenting such a biased opinion.

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast