Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think anyone is denying that both, Tessa AND Scott, are the best ice dancers in the field by a mile. It's just plain curiosity. Poje is tall and has presence, but lacks depth. What would happen if he were paired with a much superior dancer? Same with White, who has deep edges, but doesn't lead or control well. What would a program with Tessa look like? Would her attention to detail make her partner better? Would it make them worse? Again, we do not think it will be better, not at all, it's more an experiment to see what happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I don't think anyone is denying that both, Tessa AND Scott, are the best ice dancers in the field by a mile. It's just plain curiosity. Poje is tall and has presence, but lacks depth. What would happen if he were paired with a much superior dancer? Same with White, who has deep edges, but doesn't lead or control well. What would a program with Tessa look like? Would her attention to detail make her partner better? Would it make them worse? Again, we do not think it will be better, not at all, it's more an experiment to see what happens.
    Thanks for explaining. I knew you guys weren't saying the pairing would be better, I was just curious why that particular pairing. It's funny because I disagree about Andrew having presence--he actually comes across as boring to me and it's Kaitlyn that takes my attention in their programs.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash

Talking

Ehy guys, I have made a funny post (maybe stupid or interesting --points of view ) in my italian VM fan thread The post is about Tessa and Scott "programs/choreografic" kisses A photo gallery ihihih
    Just something for smile in those anxious days
    You can see it Here

Enjoy! Hope you like!

vCash
    Princess, can I have the link for that picture in your profile? I think it's recent from when Tessa and Scott were at RBC Olympics? Also I think I read your post fast because I was confused first why all the pics looked like they were kissing lol. They were so cute in the 04/05 season.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Princess, can I have the link for that picture in your profile? I think it's recent from when Tessa and Scott were at RBC Olympics? Also I think I read your post fast because I was confused first why all the pics looked like they were kissing lol. They were so cute in the 04/05 season.
    Of course! http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6758/7gbz.jpg
    You can find all photos from RBC event from page 53 (and +) of my thread

Yeah, but they really kissed LoL especially in past season ahahah
    Last edited by *Ice Princess*; 10-15-2013 at 12:44 AM.

vCash
    Thank you! As I was looking through the "kissing" pics I started laughing and couldn't stop.

vCash
    Thank you! As I was looking through the "kissing" pics I started laughing and couldn't stop.
    Ahahah my same reaction when I was in searching of these on my hard disk and when I had post
    Last edited by *Ice Princess*; 10-15-2013 at 01:02 AM.

vCash
    In some of the pics Tess is also smiling!
    Last edited by Emdee; 10-15-2013 at 10:33 AM.

vCash
    Tessa has always a wonderful smile

ps: my thread is full of beautiful photos (and of course, video) from all VM's programs, EX and photoshoots. The thread starts when they were a child.. I have made a chronologic story thread about TS 17 years career

vCash
    Thanks for explaining. I knew you guys weren't saying the pairing would be better, I was just curious why that particular pairing. It's funny because I disagree about Andrew having presence--he actually comes across as boring to me and it's Kaitlyn that takes my attention in their programs.
    Andrew has a very strong presence when it's brought out in the choreography. He doesn't have to skate to exude old-world gallantry - that's why I mentioned him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I am not sure after i saw Krylova/Camerlengo teams programs. AE skate DW Bollywood. HD skate CP 2009-2010 season FD. Junior team (wich have great basics) skate BA "Ameli". Team from Australia - PB Circus.
    WP skate Tango. I like transitions, character, but its just tango. Its great for WP (IMHO), because its good for them to skate this programs for learning something new in dancing, but i am not sure this IT program for other team, who want to win at OG.
    Plus there teams didnt show new elemnts.
    PI skate VM (like they usually do). They are beautifull, light, with such a great lines, but choreo is .... VM.
    Its not like i think Zoueva is much better, but at least she used her own programs, not others.
    This will never happend, but only person i wish to see wirking with VM is Dean. Just interesting, what he could made with them. Maybe he will work some day for CSOI.
    But those teams aren't near V&M's calibre, they"re trying to win a spot to go to Olympics, not try to win Olympics. maybe their programs aim on getting the TES high and go lighter on the choreography? Although don't know what K&C had in mind to add this unnecessary beat to Pushkash & Guerreiro's Somewhere in Time FD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA7-cAdL0J0

About W&P, their (her) technical ceiling on their abilities limits them to skate full out (her especially) IMO. Even in transitions in that Tango FD she looks to be just hanging on, I think its due to her technical limitations (I see this sometimes in French team too). Still, how K&C managed to coach them to the top 5-6 in the world is still shocking for me.

If Alexandra Paul and paul Poirier skated for Canada,
    Piper Gilles would be a match for Weaver

vCash
    When I think of Charlie White, "deep edges" is not my first thought. When he and Meryl did that change edge spiral across part of the length of the rink, his edge rocked like a ship in a storm. He does that a lot.

vCash
    The ISU has sent out the message that, outside of step sequences, blade work isn't important and is an unnecessary risk. I still don't understand in what universe V/M don't have the best skating skills, but the rules seem to have changed and they need to adapt, skate a little more like D/W. I'm not sure that's a good thing.
    Ironically, the ISU has sent out this message for ice dance in particular, although ice dance is meant to be the most skating skills focused discipline. Hilariously, the ISU has sent out the message that bladework is critical in men's singles! You can fumble elements but if the bladework is superior, you're safe. In ice dance, bladework is optional.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    When I think of Charlie White, "deep edges" is not my first thought. When he and Meryl did that change edge spiral across part of the length of the rink, his edge rocked like a ship in a storm. He does that a lot.
    It's not mine either. Charlie certainly has a tendency to rock on his blades. Personally, I always especially seem to notice it in lifts, although it also creeps in elsewhere, like with the spiral.

vCash
    You guys know what I meant. He is certainly the better skater on that team. His edges are definitely deeper, what he lacks is good control.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    Ironically, the ISU has sent out this message for ice dance in particular, although ice dance is meant to be the most skating skills focused discipline. Hilariously, the ISU has sent out the message that bladework is critical in men's singles! You can fumble elements but if the bladework is superior, you're safe. In ice dance, bladework is optional.
    And that is the sad state of ice dance. That is why you see so many mediocre team getting "good rep". W-P come to mind. I am sure they are both super nice people, but what that has to do with their skating skills? Same for G-P, hell, especially G-P. Seems like being nice makes you a freaking great dancer these days.

vCash
    And that is the sad state of ice dance. That is why you see so many mediocre team getting "good rep". W-P come to mind. I am sure they are both super nice people, but what that has to do with their skating skills? Same for G-P, hell, especially G-P. Seems like being nice makes you a freaking great dancer these days.
    Competative ice dance is becoming more like SYTYCD then.More focus on 'personality" than actual dance skills.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    I agree with you on G/P, but W/P have greatly improved under Krylova/Camerlengo and are continuing to do so. No, they're not V/M nor will they ever be that great, but they're not untalented skaters or dancers, and they're certainly not a mediocre team at this point. IMO, they've crossed the threshold to being a good team, solid team and certainly rightfully deserve to be in the top 5 ice dance teams at the moment. Will they ever be V/M? No. They're a team that has come a long way from where they started, a team that is continuing to improve, and a team that will continue to get better. Honestly, assuming the expected retirements happen, I could see them potentially improving to the point where they win a world title in the next quad. At the very least, I expect to see them earn a few world medals in the next quad.

V/M are a once-in-a-generation team. They are one of the all-time great teams. Heck, when you really get down to it, they may be the greatest ice dancers in their ability to combine pure dance and phenomenal skating. I'm not signaling anyone in particle out, but one thing I do see from time-to-time is a tendency to automatically dismiss all other teams as being untalented skaters and bad dancers because they're not on V/M's level. V/M are the best team out there, but there are other teams out there who are also very good dancers and skaters. V/M being so very talented doesn't erase the talents and abilities of these other teams.

I know several of you mentioned P/I upthread. Yes, I do think they probably are starting out from a position of having more natural talent than W/P, but are they the better team at this point? No. Might they someday be depending on how they develop? Yes, possibly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by piano18 View Post
    But those teams aren't near V&M's calibre, they"re trying to win a spot to go to Olympics, not try to win Olympics. maybe their programs aim on getting the TES high and go lighter on the choreography? Although don't know what K&C had in mind to add this unnecessary beat to Pushkash & Guerreiro's Somewhere in Time FD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA7-cAdL0J0

About W&P, their (her) technical ceiling on their abilities limits them to skate full out (her especially) IMO. Even in transitions in that Tango FD she looks to be just hanging on, I think its due to her technical limitations (I see this sometimes in French team too). Still, how K&C managed to coach them to the top 5-6 in the world is still shocking for me.

If Alexandra Paul and paul Poirier skated for Canada,
    Piper Gilles would be a match for Weaver
    +

I am talking about this coaches didnt have new ideas for there skaters. Before they did some memorable programs, but this season they try to copy others. Its bad idea (IMHO). Do you think they have good ideas, but didnt have good skaters?
    PG - Shibs FD from 2009 WCh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    Tessa has always a wonderful smile

ps: my thread is full of beautiful photos (and of course, video) from all VM's programs, EX and photoshoots. The thread starts when they were a child.. I have made a chronologic story thread about TS 17 years career
    Great idea! Tribute to Tessa and Scott!
    I hope they will skate in CSOI after this OG. Look like Tessa love to do shows.

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast