Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Virtue and Moir, número 31: The Best Is Yet To Come

Alrighty, let's carry on!

Bringing this WONDERFUL post by Bournekraatzfan over to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post

I have already said a lot about V&M's SD but I would also like to point out how interesting their pattern is. They move inward, curve around and move outward again in sections. They don't continue a straighter path throughout the program to gain or maintain speed and momentum. And in their FD, not only are they both constantly changing direction but they are often doing it on one foot. have picked out a few moments to illustrate this from just the beginning of their program (I could find numerous examples throughout).

Have a look at this nice set of turns (thanks for the link to this video, Braulio ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9vF...youtu.be&t=18s

And then moments later, Tessa changes direction on one foot, coming through the space between them and remaining on one foot in her new direction. While she does this, Scott bends his knee and changes feet, rising on the ball of the new skating foot. Look at how detailed that one moment is. This stuff blows me away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9vF...youtu.be&t=22s

And just moments after this, they do a mini lift and Tessa comes down, stays on one foot and changes direction (still on one foot) while comfortable in Scott’s arm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9vF...youtu.be&t=26s

And then watch Tessa turn counter-clockwise on her right foot and orient her body towards the right, then bring her weight back quickly to turn clockwise on her left foot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9vF...youtu.be&t=33s

This is shared difficulty, management of space, multidirectional skating, flow, power, numerous changes of hold--everything the rule book is asking for yet it is so much more than that. The emotional complexity of this program is just...I don't have the words.

vCash
    Thanks golightly. Wasn't sure where to put this since we still have two posts left in the other thread, but more photos from finlandia http://photography.ice-dance.com/201...3Finlandia/FD/
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash

Cool

Yeah new thread!!! Perfect title!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Ehy girls, I uploaded it on YouTube Here 480p

vCash
    Thanks, guys, that is wonderful

vCash
    Thanks golightly, shayii, and ice princess! (I'm always so frustrated that I can't watch the vines on my phone!!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Thanks golightly, shayii, and ice princess! (I'm always so frustrated that I can't watch the vines on my phone!!)
    Not at all
    Me too, I've done for all people with the same problem
    Ahah they're a little funny on the plane

YEAH!
    vCash
    Hey guys… I just discovered this youtube channel that’s making edits of most of V&M’s music. They already have the new SD! And many of the very rare pieces like 2011 and 2013 SDs. If you do a google search, it’s easy to find free software that will allow you to download these to your computer as an mp3… I really enjoyed so I wanted to share with you all:

[2005-2006 FD] Adios Nonino

[2006-2007 OD] Tango

[2006-2007 FD] Valse Triste

[2007-2008 OD] Dark Eyes

[2007-2008 FD] The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg

[2009-2010 OD] Farrucas

[2010-2011 SD] Schenkst Du Beim Tango Mir Dein Herz - Nights and Days

[2010-2011 FD] Hip Hip Chin Chin - Temptation - Batucada - Mujer latina

[2011-2012 FD] Funny Face

[2012-2013 SD] And The Waltz Goes On

[2012-2013 FD] Carmen

[2013-2014 FD] Dream a Little Dream of Me - Muskrat Ramble - Cheek to Cheek

All of the links are part of a playlist that includes other ice dancers. If you go to the channel homepage there are also singles & pairs. They have S&S' Pina and some other rare stuff.

vCash
    Just have to say, watched the FD again (and again. . .), it's gorgeous, pure quality skating, no gimmicks. These two have such a freedom of movement and command of the blade and their bodies, really they never hit an ugly position. Their FD is complex, and sublime, I can't wait to see them at their next competition.

vCash
    Parapluies, I couldn't stop watching this piece ;P I did see a lift in this video in the present FD. I think some of the movements that would look great too...like, at marks 1:25-1:30, 1:38-42, 1:58-2:00, 3:40-3:48..if you guys haven't seen it, watch it
    I found another one (but its not as great as the previous) http://youtu.be/h7FFfDlJhak love the assisted leap(?) at 0:34

vCash
    Cherub,
    thanks for those links. I will definitely put on my list to do tomorrow, the downloading of those dances.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Hey guys… I just discovered this youtube channel that’s making edits of most of V&M’s music. They already have the new SD! And many of the very rare pieces like 2011 and 2013 SDs. If you do a google search, it’s easy to find free software that will allow you to download these to your computer as an mp3… I really enjoyed so I wanted to share with you all:

[2005-2006 FD] Adios Nonino

[2006-2007 OD] Tango

[2006-2007 FD] Valse Triste

[2007-2008 OD] Dark Eyes

[2007-2008 FD] The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg

[2009-2010 OD] Farrucas

[2010-2011 SD] Schenkst Du Beim Tango Mir Dein Herz - Nights and Days

[2010-2011 FD] Hip Hip Chin Chin - Temptation - Batucada - Mujer latina

[2011-2012 FD] Funny Face

[2012-2013 SD] And The Waltz Goes On

[2012-2013 FD] Carmen

[2013-2014 FD] Dream a Little Dream of Me - Muskrat Ramble - Cheek to Cheek

All of the links are part of a playlist that includes other ice dancers. If you go to the channel homepage there are also singles & pairs. They have S&S' Pina and some other rare stuff.

Thank you for bringing it here, Cherub!
    I had seen this and also downloaded the audio of it. It's great because every time I'm away from home and miss review T/S's programs but I can't, then I listen the audio ;D

vCash
    YES!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    Great pictures. Amazing unison.

vCash
    Cherub and sahara thanks for those links. Interesting comment in one of the post skate interviews, Tessa mentioned that they had to trust the process and "hold back" in early competitions, it not only validates our perception that they build over the season. The concept of peaking at the right time includes skating at sub-maximal potential early on, not because they can't do it, but because they chose not to skate lights out.
    Not sure if I'm making sense here, but what I'm trying to say is that the building process not only involves the evolution of a program over time, but also deliberately not skating to one's fullest ability early on in the season, these are 2 different things. I never thought about the second part of the process.
    Last edited by volunteer; 10-10-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: because making sense is important

vCash
    Guys, what do you think about spin& I love the last position and they look faster, then usually.

vCash
    It is always hard to tell just watching on television but I thought the spin looked faster and very secure. Not sure if it was just from the angle I was looking at it but it looked to me like Scott may have brushed the ice with his free foot when he went into the sit position. I thought they seemed fast throughout the whole program.
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Guys, what do you think about spin& I love the last position and they look faster, then usually.
    I like all of the positions in their spin, and yes, they do look faster; I think the entire program appears to be skated with more speed by virtue of the style and flow of the program (vs Carmen,for example - not saying this FD was slow my any means).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    It is always hard to tell just watching on television but I thought the spin looked faster and very secure. Not sure if it was just from the angle I was looking at it but it looked to me like Scott may have brushed the ice with his free foot when he went into the sit position. I thought they seemed fast throughout the whole program.
    Yes, for me they look really fast. Sad B-S couldnt compete in Finland. It will be good to compare speed of both teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    Not sure if it was just from the angle I was looking at it but it looked to me like Scott may have brushed the ice with his free foot when he went into the sit position. I thought they seemed fast throughout the whole program.
    He did. I noticed it the moment I saw it. I think that is where they dropped the levels. But it looked good speed-wise, I like the final position as well. Sigh, I miss the Carmen spin.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast