Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Agnes Zawadzki changes coaches back to Tom Zakrajsek

"Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks for posting this. Hopefully the the switch back to Tom Z. will help Agnes.

vCash
    Oh boy, I'm sorry, I can't ever remember Agnes being consistent. She needs a sports psychologist. The good thing is USFSA seems to have faith in her because of her jump potential. She may make the Olympic team but I don't think she will factor in even finishing top ten. But if she thinks Tom can get her back on track. I wish her the best.

vCash
    “More than anything, I’ve been working on my confidence,” said Zawadzki, who has been working with a sports psychologist. “We’ve been working on my resilience — not shutting down, fighting back after each mistake. Some days are better than others, but it’s going good.”
    Source is this article that was published after her 4th place finish in Salt Lake City: http://www.teamusa.org/Road-to-Sochi...s-Set-On-Sochi
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Oh NO. I mean, I *hope* this helps, but I dunno.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I wish Agnes well and as a figure skating fan support her & her decisions in whatever she chooses to do. May this move pay off big time for her!

GOOOOOOOOOO AGNES!!!!

vCash
    I think you mean that things are going WELL, Agnes. Pet peeve.

She said she was more consistent with Tom. She didn't say she was consistent with Tom. Major difference. Good luck to her!

vCash
    Wow, this is really surprising news to me because judging by what I read of Zakrajsek over time on this message board, he seemed like the kind of coach you would advise skaters to leave, not go back to.

vCash
    I can't imagine a change at this point bodes well for Agnes. Geesh.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Wow, that is great news. Tom knows how to coach. This is a very smart move on her part.

vCash
    But but... Zakrajsek is the anti-christ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    But but... Zakrajsek is the anti-christ.
    I know. I am sitting here laughing because at one point he was the source of all of her problems and now he's the savior...

And of course Gracie Gold changing coaches just a few weeks ago was 'you never change coaches this close to Nationals' and now it's "a good idea"

Feels like if it was not good for Gracie, it's probably not good for Agnes either.

(I admit that when i saw her skate the last time with Zakrajsek as her coach I thought she looked so sad )

vCash

vCash
    I felt Gracie's changing coaches was fine, and Agnes' is also. They both obviously thought they needed a switch. Who are we to prejudge?

vCash
    Agnes senses the writing on the wall: If she doesn't shake things up and get where she needs to be performance wise, she's going to get dumped by the USFSA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Agnes senses the writing on the wall: If she doesn't shake things up and get where she needs to be performance wise, she's going to get dumped by the USFSA.
    I wondered the same thing. Maybe she thought after her long program in SLC that she would medal without problem, since she's medaled with worse at nationals, and then her scores came up and took her by surprise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    I know. I am sitting here laughing because at one point he was the source of all of her problems and now he's the savior...

And of course Gracie Gold changing coaches just a few weeks ago was 'you never change coaches this close to Nationals' and now it's "a good idea"

Feels like if it was not good for Gracie, it's probably not good for Agnes either.

(I admit that when i saw her skate the last time with Zakrajsek as her coach I thought she looked so sad )
    Well, I think it sounds risky and desperate for each of them. Kind of like fixing the refrigerator when the sink is what is broken.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Zawadzi is going back to what she knows without moving.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    Well, I think it sounds risky and desperate for each of them. Kind of like fixing the refrigerator when the sink is what is broken.
    How so? Agnes is returning to Tom with hopes of better consistency. What do you think she needs to work on more than consistency?

vCash
    I think this will end up being a good thing for her in the long run.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast