Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    In the past IN has always shown the parts that were not shown on NBC live. The parts that are shown on NBC are not shown live. That includes novice and junior, and early groups of the seniors. I thought it would be that same way this year.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks, AJ Skatefan. I'm still worried about the parts that IN will show. I found that blackout list, and it shows what's available in the United States and US territories only. The 2014 US Championships isn't listed, and that's what the rep was trying to explain to me.

http://web.icenetwork.com/help/blackout

The 2014 US National Championships is listed on the season pass, however. I definitely believe they haven't updated other portions of the website which makes it totally confusing, and that's awful! They should have updated it a long time ago.

http://ww2.icenetwork.com/subscribe/
    Last edited by Simone411; 12-28-2013 at 12:45 AM.
    Angie
    I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    The US Championships are listed here:

http://ww2.icenetwork.com/subscribe/

I really think that it'll be shown live except for the parts shown on NBC. That's how it's been in the past few years.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Just saw that, too! I just don't understand why they can't do something as simple as updating that website!
    Angie
    I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    Thanks, AJ Skatefan. I'm still worried about the parts that IN will show. I found that blackout list, and it shows what's available in the United States and US territories only. The 2014 US Championships isn't listed, and that's what the rep was trying to explain to me.
    I thought U.S. Nationals can be viewed by subscribers outside the U.S.? That's why it's not listed among the blackout events.

I assume that the IN staff will be updating the Nationals event schedule for live viewing soon.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnt every four years, its every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I hope so, Sylvia. I guess that the rep I talked to got confused when he saw the blackout list. He really thought it meant that Nationals wouldn't be shown at all on IN. What you just posted makes way more sense.
    Angie

vCash
    Just a heads up that there will be two different commentating teams during the Olympics. Johnny/Tara and Scott/Sandra-- depending on where and when you watch.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014...ympic-skating/

NBC to Use Separate Broadcast Teams For Live, Taped, Skating

NBC Sports will use two different broadcast teams for live and taped Olympic figure skating coverage. Calling the live action on NBC Sports Network will be Terry Gannon with newcomers Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski. For the tape delayed coverage on NBC, Tom Hammond will call the action alongside analysts Scott Hamilton, Sandra Bezic and Tracy Wilson. (NBC Sports Group Press Box)

vCash
    The European championships will be on NBC today commentated by Johnny and Tara

having a nice day
    vCash
    Europeans coverage starts at 3pm CST ie, after snowboard ing.
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    Just a heads up that there will be two different commentating teams during the Olympics. Johnny/Tara and Scott/Sandra-- depending on where and when you watch.... Calling the live action on NBC Sports Network will be Terry Gannon with newcomers Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski. ......)
    Hallelujah!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Heather W. has updated her TV schedule. It has detailed schedule listings of the team event, ladies, men, pairs and dance on both NBC and NBCSN.

http://heatherw.com/mk/sch.htm
    Angie

vCash
    Thanks Angie for posting the link. I have not visited this site since the Kween's era.
    I printed the schedule and will keep it handy, don't want to miss anything.

Thank you Heather!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I'm afraid I haven't visited in a while, either, kittyjake5. I printed it out, too, so I could keep up with it.
    Angie

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Might as well add this here.

DirecTV has now added USA, NBC Sports, and CNBC to their DirecTV Everywhere lineup. You will be able to watch those channels online at DirecTV if you have an account with them. You can also go to MSNBC and NBC Olympics websites and sign in using your DirecTV e-mail address and password to watch there. Scroll to the bottom, and you'll find the MSNBC and NBC Olympic.com links.

http://www.directv.com/networks?lpos=Header:1
    Last edited by Simone411; 01-29-2014 at 02:12 AM.
    Angie

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    Just a heads up that there will be two different commentating teams during the Olympics. Johnny/Tara and Scott/Sandra-- depending on where and when you watch.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014...ympic-skating/

NBC to Use Separate Broadcast Teams For Live, Taped, Skating

NBC Sports will use two different broadcast teams for live and taped Olympic figure skating coverage. Calling the live action on NBC Sports Network will be Terry Gannon with newcomers Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski. For the tape delayed coverage on NBC, Tom Hammond will call the action alongside analysts Scott Hamilton, Sandra Bezic and Tracy Wilson. (NBC Sports Group Press Box)
    I just peeked ahead on my upcoming tv schedule for the Olympics on Thursday and Friday of this week (2/6 & 2/7) and saw no Olympic skating coverage in sight on the NBC Sports Network Channel. It appears the Team Competition is not going to be covered live on NBCSN. Bummer!

vCash
    We'll be dependent on our friends in far places for coverage. as we so often are!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I just peeked ahead on my upcoming tv schedule for the Olympics on Thursday and Friday of this week (2/6 & 2/7) and saw no Olympic skating coverage in sight on the NBC Sports Network Channel. It appears the Team Competition is not going to be covered live on NBCSN. Bummer!
    I just checked on Heather's TV schedule for Feb. 6th. Some of the Team Event will be on NBC, but you're right I believe. I don't think it's live. Refer to her schedule:

Here is what's live on NBCSN

Saturday, Feb. 8th - LIVE 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. (eastern) - (Team Event: Short Dance) - NBCSN

Saturday, Feb. 8th - LIVE 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (eastern) - (Team Event: Ladies Short and Pairs Long) - NBCSN

Sunday, Feb. 9th - LIVE 10 a.m. - 1 p.m - (Team Event: Gold Medal Final) - NBCSN
    Angie

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I just checked on Heather's TV schedule for Feb. 6th. Some of the Team Event will be on NBC, but you're right I believe. I don't think it's live. Refer to her schedule:

Here is what's live on NBCSN

Saturday, Feb. 8th - LIVE 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. (eastern) - (Team Event: Short Dance) - NBCSN

Saturday, Feb. 8th - LIVE 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (eastern) - (Team Event: Ladies Short and Pairs Long) - NBCSN

Sunday, Feb. 9th - LIVE 10 a.m. - 1 p.m - (Team Event: Gold Medal Final) - NBCSN
    Thanks for sharing the NBCSN info!!!

vCash
    I can't believe that for the first time ever i will see figure skating live at the Olympics on TV. I never even saw any skating live in Vancouver even though i'm only about 6.5 hours away from Vancouver and am on the same time zone.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Just an FYI, but NBC Sports updated their Live Extra smartphone/tablet app today. There is now a special section for Sochi live coverage, highlights, and full-event replays. Live coverage and full event replays will require a pay cable TV login.

The first live FS event I am seeing right now on the app is 2/8 (team event). I haven't checked the NBC Olympics website yet.

Still no (legit) live coverage option for 2/6 (first day of team event)?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast