Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Figure Skating Schedule on NBC

This page was updated on 10/2/13.

http://heatherw.com/mk/sch.htm
    Last edited by mollymgr; 10-06-2013 at 11:18 PM.

vCash
    They're actually showing Cup of China this year, NBC has always skipped that one.

And they're showing Euros!!!!!!!!!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    They aren't showing Pairs at Nationals? (I'm guessing they are just combined with something else.)
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Pairs FS is combined with FD again this year:
    Saturday, January 11, 2014 – TD Garden
    2:45 p.m. Championship Pairs Free Skate (Groups 3&4) & Championship Free Dance (Groups 3&4)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnt every four years, its every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    This is pretty darn great, compared to recent years.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Well, hurray for Olympic seasons! They must be trying to build anticipation, or try to make sure viewers actually have some idea of who they might see in Sochi, or something.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Whaaaaaaaaaaat!???? Brian doesn't have a show this year???? Foey! Can somebody tell me if he usually carried by a network OTHER than NBC, I don't pay much attention to these things? Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by momnatur View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaaat!???? Brian doesn't have a show this year???? Foey! Can somebody tell me if he usually carried by a network OTHER than NBC, I don't pay much attention to these things? Thanks.
    I thought that Brian retired from pro skating...

vCash
    Oh, I guess I missed something. Sorry. Thanks!

Then again, so did Scotty, but he still does the Kristi Y & Friends show every year as an MC. Or is that show now gone too?

vCash
    There are 4 Disson shows being televised by NBC this season -- see: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...NJ)-amp-14-(NY)

Brian Boitano did not have a Disson show last year either. Boitano performed in the Michael Weiss Foundation show just last month - a fancam video of his "Bring Him Home" is posted in GSD here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3997915
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnt every four years, its every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Well, I'm totally glad. Definitely going to find a VHS tape I can record over so I can make some videos.
    Angie
    I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. ~ Thomas A. Edison

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    After looking at Heather's TV schedule again, I believe I'll have to find more than one VHS tape I can record over. It's going to be like at least 5 or 6 VHS tapes. I believe I can tape over some old movies that I have on DVDs now. Totally excited about Euros being on TV again!!
    Angie
    I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    NBC TV schedule in 2014 (all times Eastern; check your local listings)

Sun. Jan. 5
    1-3 Disson's Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular

Sat. Jan. 11
    3-6 LIVE U.S. Nationals (Pairs FS/Free Dance)
    8-11 LIVE U.S. Nationals (Ladies FS)

Sun. Jan. 12
    3-5 LIVE U.S. Nationals (Men's FS)

Sat. Jan. 18
    4-6 U.S. Nationals (taped exhibitions)

Sun. Jan. 19
    4-6 Europeans

Sat. Feb. 1
    4:30-6 Four Continents
    2:30-4:30 Disson's Tribute to American Legends of the Ice

NBC's primetime TV broadcast of the Olympics kicks off on Thursday, Feb. 6 (includes taped highlights of Team Event); Opening Ceremony is on Feb. 7.

It was announced today that the NBCSportsNetwork cable TV channel (NBCSN) will be broadcasting all the figure skating live in the U.S., starting on February 8 -- press release: http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/20...pics-coverage/
    See also the news thread that was moved from GSD to the Olympics forum in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...-on-Feb-8-2014

Sun. Apr. 13
    3-6 Worlds (taped highlights)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-17-2013 at 11:54 PM.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Well, we don't get Terry on NBC for Nationals competition events, but at least we get him for the Exhibition!

4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
    US FIGURE SKATING: SMUCKERS SPECTACULAR (taped)
    Commentators: Terry Gannon, Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski
    http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/s...onn1505260.xml
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Well....grump, grump. It won't be live here on the left coast. Never is. Even SLC was tape delayed! Sadness
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Go figure, the year there's a decent schedule I have to miss it all for my residency. Will have to sweet talk a relative into recording it for me.

vCash
    Will NBC or Universal show any of the Nationals SP? In particular, I want to see Ladies SP and Men SP on Universal - I finally got that channel on cable.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    Will NBC or Universal show any of the Nationals SP? In particular, I want to see Ladies SP and Men SP on Universal - I finally got that channel on cable.
    I'm not sure, but I don't think so. The SP (Mens and Ladies) will be shown on IN, however. Here's a link to their schedule for Nationals:

http://web.icenetwork.com/schedule/2...4_us_fs_champs

ETA:

Well, I have some good news and some bad news regarding IN. I called and talked to a rep. He said that what was listed was the actual schedule of all the events. The rep also said that none of the events would be shown live, but there would be videos on IN later including the Ladies SP and Mens SP.

I'm just hoping the rep knew what he was talking about!
    Last edited by Simone411; 12-27-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    Angie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I'm just hoping the rep knew what he was talking about!
    The good news is he didn't. That schedule is the original one the LOC posted on their website about a year ago. It has changed since then but they haven't updated the times (I hope at least their tech crew on-site knows when/where they're supposed to be ). And considering that they've been promoting the live coverage as part of their subscription, I would say yes, the events will be shown live, except for the groups shown live on NBC on Sat and Sun - those are usually posted the Tues or Wed after.

I don't know about Universal, but NBC usually shows some of the men's and ladies' SPs during breaks/holds in its live coverage. Based on past years, I think we will see some of the ladies on Sat aftn or evening (before they show the FS) and some of the men either Sat evening or Sun aftn before they go to the live comp. It's possible they may even show 1 or 2 of the pairs/dance SP/SD during Sat aftn, depending on how the events flow.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Debbie, I sure hope you're right about this. The rep checked the blackout list, and then said that it wasn't listed. He said that meant that none of the U.S. Nationals would be shown live on IN. After that, he said that they would add videos of the Ladies and Mens SPs., etc. later on after the events were shown on NBC. I even asked him to check again because I wanted to be sure that at least the videos would be added since we wouldn't see anything live on IN. He told me once more that the videos would definitely be added.
    Angie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast