vCash

Campbell-Brown cleared of doping

Jamaican Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA) has cleared Veronica Campbell-Brown from doping and given her a warning. I am very sceptical about the whole process and I hope IAAF and WADA will have a closer look at the case.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/03/sp...tml?hpt=hp_bn2

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Yes, it all seems a bit convenient.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Yes, it all seems a bit convenient.
    I think there is some movement to check drug testing in Jamaica...

Jamaican athletes' drug-testing practices to be audited

vCash
    Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson have been cleared to compete again pending CAS appeal. I am not happy with this decision at all, it seems Jamaicans are just brushing of the doping issues they have had in the last few years as minor offences.

Teddy Tamgho, the triple jump world indoor champion is suspended for 1 year for missing 3 doping test (I am confused about the gravity of suspensions in both the cases).

Meanwhile, Elena Lashmanova, the olympic 20 km race walking champion from Russia has tested positive for banned substance and is banned from competing for 2 years. She is eligible to compete at Rio but she may not have the Qualification time to compete for the next olympics.

FIFA is under fire for their dope test policy after asking 7 Costa Rican players to undergo dope test against 2 from Italy, they believe FIFA is showing bias after Costa Rica beat a top European team at the world cup. According to FIFA 5 additional players are added because they did not do the pre-event doping test.