vCash

Who is the better skater: Trankov or Volosozhar?

I saw a few comments which said that Tatiana is a much better skater than Max. I personally think that they are equal - they have their strengths, so they complete each other. What do you think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    I saw a few comments which said that Tatiana is a much better skater than Max. I personally think that they are equal - they have their strengths, so they complete each other. What do you think?
    I love them both and think they make an excellent couple. When I watch them I don't notice that one is stronger than the other. If I had to watch them as individuals, I would prefer Tatiana because she has beautiful lines and quality of movement.

vCash
    Definitely Tatiana. Her positions are stunning, her lines incredible and she is a solid jumper too.

Male and female partners obviously have different roles out there. His job is to be rock solid when he lifts her and throws her and honestly, he is not. Case in point, he once fell while throwing her. Her job is to land all those throws (she usually does) and to hit clean, beautiful positions in the lifts (which she always does). Thus, I believe she is a better skater, even though he is a great one as well.

vCash
    Tatiana's a little better, IMO. He's not BAD, though lol.

vCash
    I almost feel like the only skater good enough to skate with Tatiana is Aliona Savchenko...

vCash
    She's stunning and a goddess on the ice. And truly a rock under pressure
    He's much more moody and drama, inner diva in him but I end up usually paying more attention to him than to her. He's hot as hell, too

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Definitely Tatiana. Her positions are stunning, her lines incredible and she is a solid jumper too.

Male and female partners obviously have different roles out there. His job is to be rock solid when he lifts her and throws her and honestly, he is not. Case in point, he once fell while throwing her. Her job is to land all those throws (she usually does) and to hit clean, beautiful positions in the lifts (which she always does). Thus, I believe she is a better skater, even though he is a great one as well.
    he fell because there was so much height on the throw and there was such distance between them when she landed that he had to scramble to catch up to her and caught his toe pick on the ice. That's a case of technique being too good.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    They both are very good skaters, in a different way, so they complete each other well. I admire her cool ladylikeness and sureness and his diva quality. He is a tall man, jumping is not easy with that height.

vCash
    Equal Because she brings in perfect quality and stability and he brings in theatricality,"look at me" and slightly "wild" factor ( with quality, too). Perfect pairing.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    i do think this pairing looks more pleasing to the eyes than M/D and K/D ever were, both in their appearance and the way they skate . tatiana certainly brings the old-school classical russian pairs skating, while max brings the drama of moskvina's pairings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i do think this pairing looks more pleasing to the eyes than M/D and K/D ever were, both in their appearance and the way they skate . tatiana certainly brings the old-school classical russian pairs skating, while max brings the drama of moskvina's pairings.
    More pleasing to the eye maybe but M/D challenged themselves with captivating and incredibly innovative programs, which were far superior to the blah programs V&T currently skate. I do hope they continue past 2014 since it is obvious they are winning the OGM this year, but they will never be remembered as one of the truly legendary pairs if all the material they have put out is what we have seen thus far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KimGOAT View Post
    More pleasing to the eye maybe but M/D challenged themselves with captivating and incredibly innovative programs, which were far superior to the blah programs V&T currently skate. I do hope they continue past 2014 since it is obvious they are winning the OGM this year, but they will never be remembered as one of the truly legendary pairs if all the material they have put out is what we have seen thus far.
    i do agree. their programs are nothing of the memorable kind that even their fellow competitors s/s have brought so far. max may be dramatic, but the choreography is doing nothing to take that drama to the next level. the olympics isn't gonna help since they're gonna stay with safe programs to win, but i hope they stay after the olys to try and skate more creative programs

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    It's in the eye of the beholder. Both "which is better" which I think is impossible to answer since they are both excellent in different ways, and whether or not they will be "legendary" or not. It seems like people will generally see what they are looking for.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Maybe her glide is lighter and she probably has more abilities in term of skating skills (but that's how I see it). But about overall skating, they are both really strong, and are perfect together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    I almost feel like the only skater good enough to skate with Tatiana is Aliona Savchenko...
    Skate with Aliona or do other things with Aliona?
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    They have differing qualities which compliment each other.