Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Homeland Season 3

So as Breaking Bad ends, the new season of Homeland begins. Anyone watch last night? I thought it was a pretty strong season premiere and I enjoyed the senate hearings. I wonder when Brody will be back.

vCash
    I enjoyed it too. Poor Saul - lost so many people and then to be in charge. And Carrie. So is Saul throwing her under the bus, but in a way protecting her - by bringing up her illness. Also she has to account for 14 hours. They are in DC and she drove to the Canadian border and back, and stopped at storage locker for stuff and another stop for ID - does not seem realistic to me. Plus there probably is some surveillance footage of the car somewhere.
    The previews look crazy.
    Question - my memory seems foggy - F Murray Abraham - seemed like a secretive person last year, now seems almost like Saul's #2.
    So - big promotion/change due to the all the lost CIA folks?? Need to know more about his character, his role.
    Love Peter Quinn character! Brody's family is interesting, but hope it is less in future episodes.
    Even though Brody was not in any scene - you still feel how important he is.

vCash
    Yeah, at first I was uncomfortable with the Saul throwing Carrie under the bus scene as he's always her advocate, but it was done in his way for her benefit. I agree that I love Peter Quinn. Also, Tracy Letts was very commanding as the senator in charge of the hearings. He's an amazingly talented guy with her Pulitzer for August:Osage County and Tony award for drama performance.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Just finishing Season 2 on dvd....but also need to chime in about Peter Quinn. Isn't this actor Rupert Friend? Keira Knightly's ex? I remember he had a bit part in "Pride and Prejudice." I think! Can't wait to see Season 3...but we'll probably wait until it comes out for sale. Won't keep me from reading this thread though!

vCash
    Has Mandy Patinkin ever been nominated for an Emmy for playing Saul? If not it is LONG overdue. My mom made a great observation about him this weekend, saying that of all the parts she's seem him play over the years, he seems to have been born to play Saul.

Would like to see more of Quinn and less of Brody's family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzilla1 View Post
    Would like to see more of Quinn and less of Brody's family.
    Me too, especially the daughter. I found her sympathetic for awhile, but she's pretty one-note the whole 2nd season.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Yes, not sure they need to take on the teen suicide angle. I suppose they'll need the family when Brody comes back though. I want to know more about Quinn though.

Diego Klattenhoff, the actor who played "Mike" - Brody's friend/Jessica's squeeze -- is on Blacklist now.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Me too, especially the daughter. I found her sympathetic for awhile, but she's pretty one-note the whole 2nd season.
    I feel the same. I think the senate hearings were very interesting and would have definitely preferred more of that and cutting some of Miss Mopey Brody daughter.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Supposedly, we will be seeing more of Quinn as he is going to get "close" with Carrie. Which is good as they are more alike than she and Brody ever were. I don't like the kids either but I think Morena Baccarin is a wonderful actress. Except I keep expecting her to pull her skin back and reveal the alien she played on V.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Morena Baccarin is so beautiful it makes my eyes hurt. Does she ever have a bad hair day? I doubt it.

vCash
    Who told Showtime that the world wanted more Dana?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Who told Showtime that the world wanted more Dana?
    Not me, that's for sure. If they didn't show Brody's family again for the rest of the season I would be a happy camper.

Like how Quinn is sticking up for Carrie. Carrie's comment to Saul when he came to visit her had me
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I finished the Season 2 DVD not quite in time for the premiere but am now caught up and finally watching live.

Did someone think all the Dana angst was going to bring in younger viewers? Note to Showtime, nope. Although she's a good actress, no-one much cares.

But the new young analyst in hijab has some interesting possibilities....
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    What is up with Homeland? I feel like I am watching the Dana show here. Get rid of her, please.
    First two episodes get a thumbs down from me. After 2 great smack in your face seasons what
    a let down.

vCash
    I'm hopeful that when Brody reappears the quality will go up. However, this season hasn't gotten off to the best start. At least the Peter Quinn character is great so I am glad I have him to stare at.

vCash
    Peter Quinn is saving this season so far, for me. He can stick around forever (please writers, be nice to him). ITA with everyone else - what is this, the Dana show? Sure, I guess the seeing how the Brody family is coping is interesting...but there could be so much less and it'd be just as effective.

Morena Baccarin is gorgeous. rfisher, ITA! I keep thinking she's about be all "hahaha fooled ya, I'm an alien!" and peel back her skin.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I also like the Peter Quinn storyline. I guess Brody is back soon, EYS?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I read that Brody returns in Episode 3.

vCash
    Oh, thank goodness, it's about time. I, too, like everyone else, am sick of Dana. And it's great to know that she now feels alive and ready to face the world - the wonders of midnight nookie in the laundry room, eh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Morena Baccarin is so beautiful it makes my eyes hurt. Does she ever have a bad hair day? I doubt it.
    Well, it helps to have a hair and make-up department do you up before you perform.

I don't find her particularly beautiful. To me she looks like the popular girl in high-school who dated the popular football/soccer player - and it turned out that is in fact how she and Brody linked up - I believe it was soccer, not football?

Her personality doesn't help. She is very repressed and pretentious. That became crystal clear when Brody wanted to tell her the truth the night they broke up, and she didn't want to hear it.

Unlike everyone else, I find Dana an interesting and compelling character.

Mostly I'm heartbroken about what Claire is going through. It's basically her second breakdown in the series. Saul threw here under a bus to avoided her being hit by the head by another. I hope their relationship can be repaired, because I do believe he has her best interests at heart.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast