vCash

What Levels have you all passed?

Say,I was just wondering what Levels of Skating everyone here has passedhttps://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1047420?hl=en&ref_topic=2585997

vCash
    Knowing highest test passed isn't necessarily an indication of a person's true skating ability.

In my previous skating life, I stopped taking ISI tests at FS 4 because I started testing USFSA. But then because of the extremely limited opportunities in the skating world in my area (at the time... now there are indoor rinks all over the place), I didn't take USFSA tests past preliminary freestyle and preliminary figures. As a returned adult skater, I have no intention of taking any future tests; it is going to take me a long time to re-gain my skills, and when I do so well enough, I can compete at a level that will let me do any spins I want (except flying/jumping ones), and that is what make a difference to me (I used to do flying sitspins and flying camels but can't anymore, so it doesn't matter that they are past my test level).

vCash
    I am an adult skater who skates for fun, (and hates MITF), so I skate ISI. Tested up through and including ISI 6. Getting a routine ready for their new Platinum Test. Hope to take that test by the end of the year. Once I pass that, I will probably stop testing since I can then use any item in my freestyle routines I want. (I already can do this with the Artistic and Spotlight Events since ISI 6 is considered "high" so there are no limits on items.)
    Last edited by sk8tergirl; 10-01-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    As an adult:
    USFS Adult Gold Freestyle
    USFS Adult Gold MIF
    USFS Intermediate MIF
    USFS Bronze Dance, plus one pre-silver dance (the 14 Step)

As a kid:
    USFS 1st Figures
    USFS Preliminary Freestyle
    USFS Preliminary Dance
    ISI 6

vCash
    all USFS tests:

preliminary figures (as a kid)

pre-preliminary and adult bronze freestyle

preliminary and adult silver MITF

pre-bronze and 2 bronze dances

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    preliminary and adult silver MITF
    Congratulations!

I have passed through Bronze FS and Silver MIF on the (USFS) adult track and Pre-Prelim and Prelim MIF on the standard track. Tried Pre-Juv MIF 4 years ago and did not pass and failed Adult Gold MIF a few weeks ago - leaning toward not trying again, so I may be done with testing.

vCash
    I test Skate Canada, and last year was my first year out of "CanSkate". I've only tested Dance so far, and have passed Preliminary and Junior Bronze dances. I am planning on testing Preliminary Skills and two Sr bronze dances in December. I am hoping to test my Preliminary elements sometime this season

vCash
    USFS
    Adult pre-bronze FS (would have gotten bronze FS last year but for ankle fracture #3)
    Adult silver MITF
    Prelim (Dutch waltz, canasta tango, rhythm blues) and pre-bronze dance (fiesta tango, swing, cha-cha) (would have done 1 or 2 bronze dances, but the right kind of judges are very scarce in our area)

Stuck at ISI3; fortunately with rule changes a few years ago I'm able to skate open bronze & do my sit spin & backspin. At least, I'll be able to when I'm back on the ice.
    Not sure what my ISI dance level is.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    As a teenager I tested through ISI FS5 and USFS pre-pre moves and free. My coach had planned on having me test through Juvenile moves and free so I could compete in open Juvenile but I ended up getting injured one month after testing pre-pre and once I had recovered I never rejoined our club for a variety of reasons (mainly financial, but also lack of interest since I didn't want to compete in USFS any more). A few years later I quit skating.

After a 10 year break I got back on the ice and I have since tested through adult silver moves and pre-bronze free. I've mostly been working on moves which is why I haven't yet tested my bronze or silver free, but I expect those to be easy passes once I decide to test them. I am getting ready to test my gold moves soon (if my club ends up holding a test session in November, that's what I'm aiming for). I don't really expect to pass my first time out (some days the moves are awesome and I know I could pass, then the very next practice they are a total fail and I just can't pull it together and skate clean) but I am determined to at least try before the end of the year unless there is no test session.

vCash
    USFS:
    pre-bronze adult Freestyle
    Juvenile Moves
    2 pre-gold dances

Watch me move
    vCash
    Skate Canada: preliminary dances
    ISI: Freeskate 3 and Figure 1
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast