Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    So Liv's mom really is a terrorist, and the sheet that Eli had issued to keep her from getting out of the country was all her real crimes as a terrorist, right? So she only used Liv to get out of the country then, right? Man, I need to watch this episode again!!!

And Sally!!!!!
    Her mom definitely used her but do you think that was her plan all along? I don't know if she knew enough about Olivia to know that Olivia would be in such a position to help her escape from the country. She really knew very little about her until she met her the day before. I think once she realized how important Olivia was that the wheels started turning.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I hate that her mother used her!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I was under the impression that Rowan was the name Eli used as Command?... Since it's the name Fitz knew him as until WHOOPS SURPRISE.
    Yes, that makes sense, thank you. So I guess it was just Fitz & Jake who called him Rowan.

vCash
    Ok, so Olivia's mom was a terrorist but she didn't actually put a bomb on the plane? She just said she did, knowing that her husband would pull her off and let the plane explode anyway? I am really confused on how all of that supposedly worked out. So Olivia's dad not only hates her because she was evil but because she tricked him into killing 300 people? Killing people doesn't seem to be a big problem for him, even though he said in a previous episode he didn't like it. That whole scenario just seems really really hard to pull off. How would her mom know that he would pull her off the plane and have it shot down? How could she possibly know it would work out that way? Am I missing something?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I second all of the above!!! And what the hell is Mama Pope doing back in DC?! Hiding in plain sight type of thing or is she there to exact some revenge .... and we gotta wait until the end of February??!!!!

Loved the whole Sally story line and cover-up. And what shall happen with the taped phone call, especially after he already spoke with James about him thinking it was a murder/cover-up too. Will David run with it or bury it since the last time they almost ruined his life?

vCash
    If it was possible to pull Mama Pope off the plane, why not just evacuate it? Why leave everyone else on and shoot it down? That whole plot seems ill thought out.

And really, the coroner walks away because the VP throws herself on her dead husband? No, investigation after he is removed from the house? No mortician? Pretty hard to believe they could pull that off.

Love the show, but wish they would not deviate from reality so extremely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    If it was possible to pull Mama Pope off the plane, why not just evacuate it? Why leave everyone else on and shoot it down? That whole plot seems ill thought out.
    I'm probably wrong about this, but I thought that Olivia's mother was pulled off the plane because she was a terrorist/spy and they wanted to interrogate her -- and after it had taken off is when she said that there was a bomb onboard. Perhaps she said it was set to go off upon landing/descent and that is why it was shot down, rather than trying to evacuate the passengers?

Off course, so much of the show deviates from any "reality" as I know it, that I am not holding it to avoiding holes in the plotline. I just keep
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Wasn't it that they pulled her off the plane because she was a terrorist, and then she told them there was a bomb on board? And then there wasn't time to bring the plane down before the "bomb" went off so they shot it down?

Still pretty wacky but somewhat less illogical.

I too found the coroner walking away a bit of a stretch, but maybe that's how things supposedly work in the corridors of power. At least in Shondaland.

The scene between Fitz and Rowan, thought, and esp. Rowan's rant, was fantastic writing & acting.

vCash
    ^ skatingfan5 is a faster typist than I, obviously!

vCash
    Just to be clear, I LOVE this show. But it is fantastical sometimes!

vCash
    Surely I can't be the only one who thinks this show would be so much better without any of the Pope family characters? Kerry Washington's acting is just soooo overwrought and the show would be so much better if they went back to the original premise and took care of some Washington scandal each episode. One that had nothing to do with Olivia Pope or the President.

vCash
    ^It seems that Shonda Rhimes has a definite plan for how "Scandal" will play out, so I don't think that the show is very far from her original intent (even if the storylines are more "incestuous" rather then dwelling on scandals external to the main characters surrounding the White House inhabitants and those in their employ. Of course, she may well change her mind and prolong "Scandal" beyond what she originally envisioned, which may take things in a different direction.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    Surely I can't be the only one who thinks this show would be so much better without any of the Pope family characters? Kerry Washington's acting is just soooo overwrought and the show would be so much better if they went back to the original premise and took care of some Washington scandal each episode. One that had nothing to do with Olivia Pope or the President.
    There is a lot going on, to be sure. It is a challenge for me to keep up with everything, including those story lines that haven't been completely wrapped up. With Kerry's real life pregnancy, you can kind of tell that some of the story is spinning away from her and onto the other characters. She's not in nearly as many scenes, and I guess she's already starting to show since we see her sitting, wearing lots of coats and bags to cover her bump. And, we've already been told that the season is going to be cut by a few episodes to allow for the end of her pregnancy/birth, which I'm okay with. At first I really wanted a lovechild, but thought better of it.

Those Popes are the definition of dysfunctional family. And tell the truth, who saw the end coming, with Papa Pope now out of a job and Mama Pope back in DC?

Was I the only one happy to see righteous holy-roller Sally Langston lose her mind?

February 27 is a long way away......
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    Sometimes I do miss the old format of the show where there was a new scandal every episode. That kept things really fresh and you never knew what to expect but now I am far more invested in the characters than I was back then, so the twists and turns are just as exciting as seeing what new scandal they have to fix this week. I guess it is a trade off. I wouldn't mind them throwing in a new scandal every once in a while, which they have done occasionally but not in a while.
    -Brian

vCash
    I'm finding that characters' believability is being stretched. Jake in Command of B-16? Quinn committed to Wonderland?

vCash
    I do find it really odd they could just over-throw Olivia's dad so easily. I mean, this whole B-16 thing is supposed to be, in some ways, more powerful than the President or the U.S. Government. But then, you can just go sit at his desk with 2 guards and tell him he is out? I mean, we all know it won't be that easy and I am sure he is planning his revenge right now but come on. Those who followed/worked for him would not be so easily turned. IMO.
    -Brian

vCash
    Eli may have an inflated sense of how important he is. What he did/does/is may not be above the president's pay grade. That said, I don't think he'll go quietly. In fact, I don't think he'll go at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I do find it really odd they could just over-throw Olivia's dad so easily. I mean, this whole B-16 thing is supposed to be, in some ways, more powerful than the President or the U.S. Government. But then, you can just go sit at his desk with 2 guards and tell him he is out?
    Pushing the bounds of plot believability IMO.

I mean, we all know it won't be that easy and I am sure he is planning his revenge right now but come on. Those who followed/worked for him would not be so easily turned. IMO.
    Agreed.

vCash
    It took me a minute to catch up (leave out of the country for a week and you miss A LOT of shows) but I caught up on Scandal on Sunday.

Whoa....

So, I was right about Liv's mom being locked up for a reason. I figured she was a terrorist of some sort, especially after she escaped, but I hoped it wasn't true...you want to hope the girl has at least one decent person in her family. Now we see Mama Pope was an in the wind terrorist for hire. My understanding is that she was in the process of stealing secrets about the government from Eli/Ronan/Command (all the same person). She got on the plane to leave but Eli stopped the plane and pulled her off. That's when she told him about the bomb; rather than let the bomb detonate over London, Eli made the decision to shoot the plane down (carried out by Fitz). But as Liv said, "She (Mama Pope) didn't believe in anything" which means she wouldn't have signed up for a kamikaze mission. Only after the fact did he find out Mama Pope was lying about there being a bomb on board, which means Eli/Fitz killed hundreds of people for no reason. And that's why Mama Pope had been locked away for all of those years.

Whew. Yeah, it was a lot to take in. And the whole thing with Quinn and Huck was pretty rough. Quinn seems to be out of Pope & Assoc. and is now part of B316 fully...but with Jake running it does that mean things will be different?

The scene with Fitz and Eli was pretty awesome. Eli is out of a job now but I don't think he'll go quietly. I wonder if Jake being Command now will change him? When he said goodbye to Liv it was like he was saying goodbye. I'm assuming she won't be told that he's been promoted to Command...Fitz and Jake may keep that to themselves.

The whole thing with Cyrus and James was intense and the whole Cyrus and Sally thing was insane. So much stuff is going on!! And David has the recording...what's going to happen with that?

February can't come fast enough IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I wonder if Jake being Command now will change him? When he said goodbye to Liv it was like he was saying goodbye. I'm assuming she won't be told that he's been promoted to Command...Fitz and Jake may keep that to themselves.
    I can't see how he (Jake) could stay unchanged by being in that position. Its very nature is to be covert and, well, dirty -- outside the somewhat-more-accountable NSA/CIA. To quote Lincoln: "To test a man's character, give him power."

The goodbye was, I think, not just because he's disappearing into B316, but because in order to do so (and to be so closely allied with Fitz), he has to take himself out of any competition for Liv's affections.

And I agree they'll try to keep Olivia away from knowing, but she'll no doubt find out before too long.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast