Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    ^^ Agree, I don't think, even, Fitz is off limits with B316.

Maybe Olivia's mother wanted out, after having Olivia. Maybe she wanted to be a mother. Maybe she wasn't allowed, and got herself locked up. Possibly years of torture/drugs, made her complacent enough to trust
    Rowan was taking care of Olivia. Maybe, finding out that he basically ignored his daughter, and broke his promise, made her snap. I, kind of, want her to be the good one. I want Olivia to have someone who loves her, just for being her - with no strings. But, then, this is SCANDAL!

Loulou, I am also a bit puzzled by Mellie's rape. I thought the same thing watching the rape. Why didn't she scream? She was not alone with Fitz's dad in the house. Why didn't she tell Fitz? I am sure she thought the "scandal" would ruin his chances for becoming president. But, that was her choice. Yes, Fitz's dad is scum, and she didn't deserve it. But, her choices were not great either.
    I hope Liv's mom is a good person, or at least as close to a good person as she can be.

Re: Mellie's rape...I agree. I think it's sad that that happen to her but in the same breath it was her choice to keep it quiet. She could have told Fitz but she didn't. I think she knew deep down that if she told Fitz that would pretty much bring any idea of him becoming governor to a screeching halt. Don't forget Fitz never wanted to be governor; he was pushed into running by his dad, Mellie and Cyrus. If Fitz knew what happened to Mellie he and his father probably never would have spoken again and he never would have run for governor. Mellie knew if she wanted to get Fitz to the governor's mansion/the White House she'd have to swallow that whole incident with Fitz's dad and keep it to herself.

It's a burden she bears but it is one she chose to carry b/c she wanted Fitz to succeed...so that she could succeed. To a certain degree she does the things she does for Fitz but it's for her as well. Fitz is Mellie's meal ticket; she needs him to get what she wants. If he does down, she goes down with him so it's in her best interest to protect him and do things to keep him in his position of power...so that she can maintain hers.

What an effed up relationship they have...

vCash
    ^^ Absolutely! And isn't it ironic that, in not telling, Fitz went on to become president. And in becoming President, he met and fell in love with Olivia. Mellie sort of self destructed there.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Am I the only one still wigging out over that opening scene of Mama Pope going bonkers on her wrists last night?! Those images haunted me all morning today.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Finally caught up last night after missing a couple of episodes while I was away. And holy frack! That's some pretty intense stuff Shonda's been saving up for us!

Everyone has already said what I wanted to say, so I won't repeat myself. Except to say that I'm pretty darned sure we won't get any definative answers in tonight's episode. Momma Pope will no doubt tell Liv her story ... but we have no reason to accept that whatever she says is true. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to those scenes.

I'm hoping that Quinn will come completely clean with Huck -- and that Huck will be able to fix Quinn's issues asap. That's a storyline I can do with finishing, now. Though using her to feed false info back to B316 seems like the logical way to go there.

A question, though: why did Fitz seem so accusatory when he showed the picture of Liv & Eli to her? Also, about 3 episodes ago it seemed like he only recently found out that "Command" was Liv's father. Did I misinterpret that?

So looking forward to tonight's episode! I just hope I can stay up for it. I wish I had time-shifting with my cable package so I could watch it in an earlier timezone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Also, about 3 episodes ago it seemed like he only recently found out that "Command" was Liv's father. Did I misinterpret that?
    I don't think so.

I have a feeling Liv's mum is no angel. Liv's father said to her: "Whose fault is that?" referring to the fact that Liv's mum disappeared from her life. Doesn't ring nice.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Finally caught up last night after missing a couple of episodes while I was away. And holy frack! That's some pretty intense stuff Shonda's been saving up for us!

Everyone has already said what I wanted to say, so I won't repeat myself. Except to say that I'm pretty darned sure we won't get any definative answers in tonight's episode. Momma Pope will no doubt tell Liv her story ... but we have no reason to accept that whatever she says is true. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to those scenes.

I'm hoping that Quinn will come completely clean with Huck -- and that Huck will be able to fix Quinn's issues asap. That's a storyline I can do with finishing, now. Though using her to feed false info back to B316 seems like the logical way to go there.

A question, though: why did Fitz seem so accusatory when he showed the picture of Liv & Eli to her? Also, about 3 episodes ago it seemed like he only recently found out that "Command" was Liv's father. Did I misinterpret that?

So looking forward to tonight's episode! I just hope I can stay up for it. I wish I had time-shifting with my cable package so I could watch it in an earlier timezone.
    They are actually airing a new episode on Thanksgiving night? I assumed most shows took holidays off, being that so many people are focused on family gatherings and football games.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    ^ Oh, yes of course, you're right. Silly me. I don't know how I could forget it's Thanksgiving for you folks, given the ten zillion "black Friday" ads I've seen.

Instead tonight there's a 90 minute Muppets special. With Lady Gaga.

ETA: new ep next week, though. I was worried there that they'd leave us on that note until after Christmas!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Am I the only one still wigging out over that opening scene of Mama Pope going bonkers on her wrists last night?! Those images haunted me all morning today.
    AACK! Just caught up with this episode. Yes, Heather, I was totally wigged out and continue so. What a freaking scene...!
    I suddenly find myself older than I ever intended to be--Roxy Hart in "Chicago"

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Man I hate waiting for new episodes!!

This is probably old news, but thought I'd post this Kerry Washington clip because it kills me every time! She be funny and totally nailed the 'girlfriend' attitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foMQX9ZExsE

vCash
    Kerry Washington is just awesome! Gorgeous, talented, smart - basically perfect!

vCash
    Kerry Washington played a role in "Save the Last Dance" (movie from 2001). I was watching the movie the other night, and I recognized her from her voice, I'm not sure I would have made the connection otherwise, although once you know you can definitely at least notice the lips.

She is playing Scandal greatly, and she is really beautiful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    This is probably old news, but thought I'd post this Kerry Washington clip because it kills me every time! She be funny and totally nailed the 'girlfriend' attitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foMQX9ZExsE
    That one's geoblocked for me but I found this version (tilted but still good): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p67El8WnFHw

Very funny!

vCash
    Tonight!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Her mom was/is a terrorist!! I called it!!

How does all this stuff keep happening!? It is so crazy but it makes this show so freaking amazing.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Ok....my head is going to spin right off my shoulders! I have to watch this again.....wow........
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    There was a power outage, right in the middle of Scandal, last night. Fortunately, I DVR'd it and was watching it on delay. So, this morning I watched the end of it. I'm still not sure that anything is what it seems. Huck torturing Quinn was hard to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Her mom was/is a terrorist!! I called it!!
    Yup! The fact that she was able to escape from the high-security super-sekret prison was the giveaway for me. Plus, why else would Eli have kept her locked up for so long? He may be a control freak, but he'd need some clear rationale for that.

The Quinn scenes were about the most interesting things they've done with her for ages. Pretty hard to watch, though -- and in fact I closed my eyes a couple of times.

A question, though: A few times they called "Command" by another name, not Eli. Can't remember what it was though. Where did that come from? And what was the context of that name -- his work name?

Turned it off before they showed the scenes from next week, I want to remain completely unspoiled. Can hardly wait though!

vCash
    A question, though: A few times they called "Command" by another name, not Eli. Can't remember what it was though. Where did that come from? And what was the context of that name -- his work name?
    I think the name was Rowan, but don't know the context. Maybe it is a second name, or nickname?

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    So Liv's mom really is a terrorist, and the sheet that Eli had issued to keep her from getting out of the country was all her real crimes as a terrorist, right? So she only used Liv to get out of the country then, right? Man, I need to watch this episode again!!!

And Sally!!!!!

vCash
    I was under the impression that Rowan was the name Eli used as Command?... Since it's the name Fitz knew him as until WHOOPS SURPRISE.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast