Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah, last night's show BLEW MY MIND!! Did Mellie give birth to Fitz's child or Fitz's brother?! Shonda Rhimes you crazy evil genius, you!

Poor Mellie. I think everyone is feeling for her a little more than before now. I always felt kinda bad for her b/c of the whole Fitz/Liv thing but seeing what she's gone through and the lengths she's been willing to go is pretty eye opening. Fitz's father was a son of b*tch, I'm tellin' ya...wow. Irredeemable, grade A a**hole. It's crazy Fitz turned out to be such a kind person considering who he had to look up to. Mellie did a lot of what she's done for Fitz but I do feel that her own greed and ambition play a large role in what she's put up with. She could have burned the house down several times (ie. revealed all of the scandal going on, left Fitz, etc.) but see, she still wants to live in the house so she can't do that. She wants that position of power but it's obvious a lot of it is starting to weigh a bit more heavily on her.

I'm glad Fitz came to her defense in the interview. At the very least he does owe her that. They may not get along or see eye to eye or even love each other anymore, but they are partners and they do need to work together.

Quinn is on my nerves. Why in the world did she think she could trust Charlie?! What's wrong with her? Her character is the most annoying person on the show to me right now...I liked her at first but as soon as she became Baby Huck I just didn't care for her anymore. She's clearly a little twisted and now she's at the mercy of B316 ("Welcome to Wonderland"). What's going to happen when Huck figures out what's going on? I say throw Quinn in the hole for the rest of the season...I'm sick of her.

At least we now know why the plane was shot down: a dirty bomb was on board. So it appears as though the person pulled off of the plane was in fact Liv's mom. So why the hell has her father kept her (Liv's mom) locked up all of these years? Like Fitz, Liv has a crapshoot for a father. Oh, and now Fitz knows Liv's dad is head of B316 b/c of that picture.

So much stuff is going on! This season is so crazy!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Was there really a dirty bomb on board, though? And why was Olivia's mom pulled off and it kept secret? If there was a bomb on board then B316 must have known before the plane took off. What if we find out some CRAZY stuff like Olivia's mom was a terrorist and brought the bomb on board or something? I hope not. Olivia deserves one good parent.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    ^^OMG, I didn't even think of that...

Holy crap...you might be right! What if Liv's mom was a terrorist? At least that would explain why she's been locked up all this time. But why, if they knew the bomb was on board, did they let the plane take off? There are some gaps in that theory but you may be on to something...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    ^^OMG, I didn't even think of that...

Holy crap...you might be right! What if Liv's mom was a terrorist? At least that would explain why she's been locked up all this time. But why, if they knew the bomb was on board, did they let the plane take off? There are some gaps in that theory but you may be on to something...
    Yeah, definitely some gaps and I wondered why they would let the plane take off but with the way this show goes you never ever know. I hope her mom wasn't a terrorist but it could go a lot of ways. She could have been used by B316, or her husband, to put the bomb on board and then they took her off and locked her up as collateral to make sure it was never revealed. If she was a terrorist then maybe Olivia's dad married her just to get inside information. If she did turn out to do it then I hope she was set up.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Poor whats-her-name has now been blackmailed into the B16 group or whatever it is called. She can't catch a break, can she?
    Well, she did choose to get involved with an assassin. Stupid move on her part. And she's attracted to killing and torturing people, so she's an ideal candidate for B 16.

Going back to the rape, that was just heartbreaking. I have never been a big Mellie fan but now I see her in a totally different light. I see how truly dedicated she has been to her husband. She really does deserve to break free of him and have her own success. I don't know if she was loyal to her husband or to the idea of the power they could share if he became President but either way, she didn't deserve that.
    [/QUOTE]

Agree that the rape was heartbreaking. Mellie may be a political animal, but she showed she's made of some pretty tough stuff in that situation.

I love Mellie, she's my favourite character on the show. I love her rants about how boring it is to be the first lady and have to deal with china patterns and tea parties. One of my favourite Mellie moments was when she got plastered and told Fitz "I live to fight another day".

And I think she's looking beyond being First Lady to the career she'll have when Fitz is out of office.

vCash
    I knew when Khandi Alexander was cast as Liv's mom that we would have some great plot coming. So far loving it!

But, I'd have to about Mellie being raped by the senior Grant. WTH??? I don't need that craziness. But, it does add some of explanations as to Mellie's "crazy" personality.

Re Quinn got mixed with the wonderland, she totally had it coming. She has been acting like a stupid moth coming after deadly fire. Maybe Huck could have noticed that she was going too far and said something to her to get her sanity back. Oh, well. I thought we were losing Quinn character this season but the writers were really clever.

Shonda is a real genius when on. Kinda sad about what's happened to GA since she shifted her focus onto Scandal, though.
    Last edited by l'etoile; 11-17-2013 at 10:52 AM.

vCash
    I love love love Mellie Grant. Love her. So much. And Bellamy Young was outstanding in this episode (and every other one this season). I hope she's a contender for an Emmy nomination later on, and I'm glad Shonda et al are giving her good material to showcase her with.

Quinn got what she had coming. That was clear. Huck is going to kick himself, I imagine, when he realizes what she did and how he could have prevented it if he had tried to curb some of her urges though - not that anyone is responsible for Quinn but Quinn.

vCash
    I'm on the fence with Mellie. She certainly did not deserve the rape. But, I think she is far more cunning than we realized. I think Bellamy Young is amazing in the role. I, actually, think the whole cast is pretty brilliant. Even the actress who plays Quinn. It's can't be easy to play that obnoxious!

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Quinn got what she had coming. That was clear. Huck is going to kick himself, I imagine, when he realizes what she did and how he could have prevented it if he had tried to curb some of her urges though - not that anyone is responsible for Quinn but Quinn.
    Huck tried, several times.

vCash
    Huck ignored her like crazy and told her variations on a couple of sentences that all basically just said, stop, it's a bad idea without going into much detail, IIRC. He didn't try to help her or get her help, he didn't tell anyone else about her issues so they could step in if it was too much for him (as far as I remember, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) and he mostly just avoided her. I love Huck, and it isn't my intention to blame him for her choices, but I imagine that is the way the character will view it as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Huck ignored her like crazy and told her variations on a couple of sentences that all basically just said, stop, it's a bad idea without going into much detail, IIRC. He didn't try to help her or get her help, he didn't tell anyone else about her issues so they could step in if it was too much for him (as far as I remember, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) and he mostly just avoided her. I love Huck, and it isn't my intention to blame him for her choices, but I imagine that is the way the character will view it as well.
    I remember one pretty intense scene where he told her to stay away, that it would ruin her life. I thought he believed he scared her away. And I don't think he knew that she was involved with Charlie. I don't think he felt he could give details, for one of two possible reasons: 1. That he could be setting her up for trouble if she knew anything. 2. That the information might entice her to want it more. I felt he did all he could within the confines of not doing harm. I got the feeling that ignoring her was part of his way of letting her know to stop whatever she was doing. But, you are right, he did not intervene in any forceful way.

This show is just amazing! This is just an example of why. We can all watch the show and get different impressions from it. The characters are really well developed, even Quinn, annoying as she is. I hope she doesn't get killed, that would be sad. And I don't think Huck could handle it.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I just wish they would slow down all the speedtalkingbecauseImisssomuchIhavetorewatchit3or4 times. I get that its the pace of the show and the intensity and everything, but my brain be slow at 10pm at night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I just wish they would slow down all the speedtalkingbecauseImisssomuchIhavetorewatchit3or4 times. I get that its the pace of the show and the intensity and everything, but my brain be slow at 10pm at night.

LMAO!

The fast talking is what hooked me on the show. That very first scene with Harrison and Quinn was so amazing and really set the pace and tone for the show.

Yeah, stuff is really getting crazy now. I can't wait to see what happens this week...

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    What the hell??!!! I really could have done without seeing Liv's mama chewing her wrists down to her freaking veins! Good gawd that was gross!! And considering she had to be in some kind of super max detention center, how the hell did she get out?!

vCash
    I have to admit I averted my gaze for that whole scene. I didn't even care what she was doing, I couldn't watch it.

But I MUST have that house that Fitz had built!!!!

vCash
    I am glad Olivia's mom escaped, at least until I learn more about her, but she couldn't have escaped that easily. Could she? I mean, the ONLY person watching her was a doctor? It sounded like she was in some huge trouble and being kept very well hidden because of it. Or maybe, that is just what her husband wanted her to think? Maybe she has been in his own sick version of a hole for 20 years.
    -Brian

vCash
    Last night's episode was just ! Olivia's mom chewing through her wrists was sickening, on so many levels: The obvious gore, the fact that she was that desperate, and the fact that she did it through the exquisite physical pain. What will Huck do? His "set-up" is ominous, at best! I was a little disappointed that Olivia succumbed to Fitz so easily.

vCash
    Olivia's mom chewing down to her artery had me screaming. That was absolutely horrific!! I want to know what's going on with her.

I am over Olivia and Fitz And what was Cyrus expecting? And if the promos are anything to go by, I wouldn't miss Quinn if she were gone...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Was there really a dirty bomb on board, though?
    I also thought we can't be sure. Though Liv seems like she didn't believe her father, I think he was genuine when he told her he didn't give the order to take the plane down.

Quinn was so stupid. You can be attracted to the dark side all you want, but you gotta know the dark side is in to screw everyone that serves the cause, including you.

I don't really feel for Mellie: she could have screamed for help during the rape, and her husband would have come to rescue. She could have voiced up afterwards, and have justice. She could at least have told her Fitz the toddler might or might not be his son. But she wanted politics and chose what she though was the safest path. Her choices, she should live with them. I'm assuming the creator means for Mellie to not be the audience pet, otherwise I have no empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Shonda is a real genius when on. Kinda sad about what's happened to GA since she shifted her focus onto Scandal, though.
    Really? I thought GA was rubbish from the beginning: there was no human thickness, no depth into the characters and the stories, just a lot of cynicism, individualism and occasional bad written relationships. When GA went on, I clearly felt a change in TV shows, for the worse. Before GA the US networks were brilliant enough to produce Gilmore Girls, Sex and the City, Everwood, Felicity, ER. I didn't care for GA. - Of course, just my take.

Cruisin, you're totally right: Scandal is great!

vCash
    I was happy to get a little Fitz/Olivia action. I'd have gave him a little somethin-somethin too if he'd shown me that house!! I think just the idea of knowing he was seriously planning their future together broke Liv down and bit and she caved...I thought it was sweet.

I'm starting to suspect Liv's mom might have been a rogue B316 agent. Why else keep her locked up in a maximum security area? How else would she have been able to kung-fu that doctor like that from restraints? Maybe she did something wrong and instead of "disappearing" her like they do other B316, b/c she was Eli's wife, they just decided to lock her up forever...that's my thought anyway.

That chewing through her wrist part was crazy. I watch The Walking Dead so the gore part didn't bother me...I just started thinking "The Walking Dead meets Scandal??" Well, crazy Mama Pope is out now. I'm sure she and Olivia will have a lot to talk about...

I knew Huck was going to find out about Quinn. I mean come on...he's Huck. Uh oh, the toolbox is out. He and Quinn are about to have a little chat...*dunn dunn dunnnnn!*

Cyrus has screwed poor James over one too many times. I think it's about time James fought back. I'm not 100% sure Jame slept with Sally's "big gay slut" husband (that line from Cyrus made me LOL yesterday!) or if he just made it look like he did. He'd have had to have figured out there was someone outside with a camera...he figured out the setup though so I guess it's possible. I can't wait to see what's going to happen with that.

I love how Harrison checked Josie's sister-daughter. That was a great scene. I love Columbus Short...he so needs to marry me.

Now that Josie is out of the race, is Liv going to go work for Fitz? I wonder if Mellie is still on board with that. I think b/c Fitz came to her defense in the interview Mellie might have thought they were doing better...that whole thing with him disappearing must have pissed her off again. Poor Mellie...oh, and now Fitz is going after Eli with Liv's blessing...that could get really dangerous.

SO MUCH IS HAPPENING!! I love this show!!

vCash
    ^^ Agree, I don't think, even, Fitz is off limits with B316.

Maybe Olivia's mother wanted out, after having Olivia. Maybe she wanted to be a mother. Maybe she wasn't allowed, and got herself locked up. Possibly years of torture/drugs, made her complacent enough to trust
    Rowan was taking care of Olivia. Maybe, finding out that he basically ignored his daughter, and broke his promise, made her snap. I, kind of, want her to be the good one. I want Olivia to have someone who loves her, just for being her - with no strings. But, then, this is SCANDAL!

Loulou, I am also a bit puzzled by Mellie's rape. I thought the same thing watching the rape. Why didn't she scream? She was not alone with Fitz's dad in the house. Why didn't she tell Fitz? I am sure she thought the "scandal" would ruin his chances for becoming president. But, that was her choice. Yes, Fitz's dad is scum, and she didn't deserve it. But, her choices were not great either.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast