Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    And don't forget the scenes between Fitz and Sally! I'm glad they're developing her character -- she was too boring as a one-dimensional bible-thumping moral-highgrounder. They started giving her more depth last year, but the two scenes between Fitz and Sally last night were brilliant.

And Fitz as the leaker! I didn't see that coming (not that I spent that much time going through the possibles) ... but of course it makes perfect sense. Not to mention making perfect sense that it would be Mellie who figures it out.
    Totally!!!

I'm now certain that Shonda is pouring all of her creative energy into this show that Grey's Anatomy is having its destined decline. This week's episode of GA was absolutely DREADFUL.

vCash
    And don't forget the scenes between Fitz and Sally! I'm glad they're developing her character -- she was too boring as a one-dimensional bible-thumping moral-highgrounder. They started giving her more depth last year, but the two scenes between Fitz and Sally last night were brilliant.

And Fitz as the leaker! I didn't see that coming (not that I spent that much time going through the possibles) ... but of course it makes perfect sense. Not to mention making perfect sense that it would be Mellie who figures it out.

My only complaint about the episode would be the weird transformation of Abbie's look. What's with the club makeup and highlights all of a sudden? Not attractive, imo.

I knew they'd be bringing Jake back somehow, so now we know just a tiny bit of the "how" he'll fit into future storylines. Can't wait til next week!
    Totally agree. I'm so glad to see Sally as something other than a righteous Bible thumper. Empathy actually looked good on her. Although she could have kept her opinion about Cyrus and James and their baby to herself.

This may answer your questions about Abby's makeover. Interesting.....http://www.elle.com/news/culture/dar...andal-premiere Slight spoiler alert.

We saw a completely different side of Olivia and all I can say is wow!!! No one has effected her the way that her father does, including Fitz. My mouth dropped open when I saw the dressing down that he gave her. And her reaction! She reminded me of when I did something wrong as a kid and got gone off on and it was so painful that I would preferred to get my ass beat. I've heard similar speeches from my own parents, but not ever delivered quite like that! And I'm glad that we got some background on her as well. Although the info that was collected on her father wasn't true. Who the hell is Eli? Or was that fabricated to protected Rowan's true identity?

When I first started watching I thought that Fitz was this weak guy that just let people manipulate and use him for their own personal gain. It is good to see that Fitz is smarter than any of them, especially Mellie gives him credit for being. I am beginnng to see him as being more manipulative as she is, and that's a scary thought.

I wanted to feel sorry for Mellie. She makes it really hard to like her. She should be the empathetic figure. After all, it's her husband that's having the affair. She is the one her husband told (in front of his mistress) that he was in love with someone else. She's the one that is having to live a public lie. But she's such a bitch. She has ice in her veins that didn't just get there. If Fitz wasn't such a jerk I'd feel bad that he was married to her. But Mellie's problem is that she is smarter than everyone else. That's going to be her downfall.

Still loving Cyrus. His meltdowns are just epic. And yes, I want to know what the hell is in that file!
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Fantastic season premiere!

The scenes between Olivia and her dad were fantastic. She looked like a little girl who'd gotten in trouble. Kerry and the actor who played her dad (name escapes me) killed it. I loved learning more about Olivia via the kill folder. Cyrus is such an intriguing character; I never know whether to trust him or not I also enjoyed Columbus Short's performance in this episode, and he looked super hot. I don't think he's used enough.

Mellie kills me; I think she's hilarious I love a good TV Bitch. I was surprised to hear Fitz was the leak.

I also enjoyed the scene between Sally and Fitz; they made her more human and less of a charicature.

My only problem is that I still don't get why Olivia won't just dump Fitz and move the **** on He's easily my least favorite character. Suspension of disbelief, I needz it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post

The scenes between Olivia and her dad were fantastic. She looked like a little girl who'd gotten in trouble. Kerry and the actor who played her dad (name escapes me) killed it.
    Joe Morton. I loved him on Eureka and I think he's done guest spots on more shows than I can name. He's awesome.

My only problem is that I still don't get why Olivia won't just dump Fitz and move the **** on He's easily my least favorite character. Suspension of disbelief, I needz it.
    That's my question. They're terrible for each other. They know it, their friends know it, even their enemies think Olivia and Fitz need to knock it off. But Shonda isn't going to let this die.

vCash
    Both Mellie and Olivia deserve better. They're both better politicians and smarter than Fitz.

I love Mellie, in all her super-ice-bitch craziness. "Give me the CIA to run or SOMETHING!" You go get that CIA, you wonderfully cray-cray maniac. I'm fully on Team Mellie, and not even because I think she's a likeable person. I just love it every time she's on my TV screen, and Bellamy Young does a fantastic job.

James deserves so much better and yet I just love him and Cyrus. I do. I really do. I love Cyrus. Hell, I love everyone, though I agree that Fitz is irritating. I really wish they'd get him more autonomy from all of the other characters. It's never felt that Fitz actually runs the country at all. Cyrus does most of the time. Mellie does sometimes. Olivia frequently does. Fitz? Not really. He just does what all of his manipulative friends tell him to do.

I am so happy this show is back.

That white coat was amazing.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^ Oh lawdy I would LOVE it if Mellie were running the CIA!!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Kerry Washington was on The Daily Show last week -- and had some amusing things to say about the connections between the show and real life.

vCash
    Why is nobody talking about tonight's show yet?!

OMG, omg, omg! I want to talk about stuff but I'm worried that I may spoil for someone who's not watched yet and I don't know how to use spoiler tag!

ANYWAYS OMFG!

vCash
    Kerry Washington was on The Daily Show last week -- and had some amusing things to say about the connections between the show and real life.
    Oh, it's a great interview. I really loved the energy.

btw, is Kerry really pregnant? If she is, I wonder how the writers are gonna write since we still have like 10 episodes remaining.

vCash
    Another great episode last night! The client story was interesting, as was the ongoing Pope mythology. Love Mellie drunk, sober, whatever

Not sure I'm clear on what happened to Huck and Eli Pope. I don't get the reason why he felt compelled to not shoot him but rather they guy in the trailer.

Glad Scott Foley is back.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I don't get the guy in the trailer bit either. Who was he? Why would Huck kill him?

vCash
    He was threatening the secrecy of the Operation Remington, that Jake and Fitz have in common.

vCash
    Loved Millie's rant about how boring it was to be the First Lady last episode, and her rant while drinking hooch this episode.

"I live to fight another day"

vCash
    Her drunken rant was the highlight of the episode for me. Bellamy Young is phenomenal. Everyone else is so serious, running around saving and/or destroying everybody, while Mellie's getting drunk off hooch and giving ridiculous self-entitled rants. Every time she's on my screen I'm either cheering her on, laughing, or grinning hugely. Without her I don't know if I could handle the tension of everything else.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    'Scandal's' Kerry Washington pregnant: http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/1...-asomugha.html

vCash
    Congrats to her....surprise wedding and looks like a honeymoon baby! It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the storyline!
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    ^^I know! Congrats to the beautiful Kerry Washington...I just love her.

The show is good so far. I agree about the season opener with Olivia been scolded by her father. That was some brilliant acting on both of their parts, particularly Kerry. We're so used to seeing Miss Olivia Pope, white hat, in control...she truly looked like a little girl in that scene.

I'm interested to see what's going to happen this week. Does Fitz know Liv's dad is head of B-316? I'm assuming not but I'm thinking the two of them are about to get acquainted.

Huck is off the wagon again and he's trying his hardest not to drag Quinn down with him.

David and Abby are back on...

Harrison is still the ultimate Gladiator...awesome.

And I do feel bad for Mellie. She just can't win and Fitz has made it clear she's not going to at this point. I really did enjoy her drunken rant/revelation!

Fabulous acting on this show! Can't wait until tomorrow! Suit up Gladiators!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    'Scandal's' Kerry Washington pregnant: http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/1...-asomugha.html
    OK - how many of us counted on our fingers? Who thinks the baby will be born early?
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    OK, did Scandal break anyone else's brain tonight??! Holy crap. So much information and heartbreak!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I could not believe what I saw last night!! One shocking thing after another.

I can't believe poor Mellie was raped by her father-in-law and THEN we have to wonder if the baby is his!?

Olivia's mom is ALIVE!? How the hell did I not see this coming? Why has she been locked away for so long and how in the world is Olivia's dad such an awful person. I keep hoping he will find a way to prove himself a good person but he is just absolute scum. I hope he is killed off sooner or later, I think it would bring a lot of closure to Olivia, actually.

Poor whats-her-name has now been blackmailed into the B16 group or whatever it is called. She can't catch a break, can she?

Going back to the rape, that was just heartbreaking. I have never been a big Mellie fan but now I see her in a totally different light. I see how truly dedicated she has been to her husband. She really does deserve to break free of him and have her own success. I don't know if she was loyal to her husband or to the idea of the power they could share if he became President but either way, she didn't deserve that.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast