Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    I still have that darned song going through my head.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    No comments? I like Ely's interactions as always but wasn't too impressed with the show's choice of baby daddy. Laughed at Alicia's "going to change" ploy (get over her already!) and how it worked, but I'm getting really tired of Will's attempts at ruining Florrick & Agos and not happy at all about the fact that his stupid decisions will take down Diane with him.
    I agree...the baby daddy reveal was a big celebrity cameo snooze.... And I'm really, REALLY HATING this new Will!

The first few episodes after Alicia's exit were exciting, but these last few have felt like "jumping the shark." The story lines have gotten either so precious, so ridiculous, or so unbelievable, that it's getting hard to watch imo. I hope the writers get back on track SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    I still have that darned song going through my head.
    I know...EAR WORM!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Well, with the surfacing of a video showing the voting machine switcheroo ... I'm assuming we'll be focussing some attention on that for some time to come!

I agree that Will's vendetta is getting to be a bit of a snore: though to be fair, this time around the opportunity just dropped into his lap. I'm already finding Damian a snooze too. I might find him more interesting if we ever saw him ... I don't know ... practise law? And the Damian-Kalinda-cop triangle is just weird. Poor Kalinda, she used to be the most interesting character on the show, but they haven't given her anything decent to work with in ages.

vCash
    Forgot to mention that I also felt sorry for Kalinda with all the "friends" references, particularly Damian's "don't you have any friends"? It looked like she missed her friendship with Alicia terribly and with Eli's "I need someone who wouldn't hurt Alicia" I'm really hoping to see them reconcile.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    oh, TGW, I've missed you. Matthew Lillard was great as Guest Case vs the Glee-like show. Loved the silent partner at the end trying to do a super awkward celebration with Cary

I'm hanging in there with all the of the Will off the rails stuff, trusting there will be a decent payoff. I mean, he's gotten to be SUCH a major prick, colluding with icky Damian, losing the respect of a major player in the market he wants to enter (I'm making assumptions here, but F. Murray was looking none too pleased about how he behaved), and chasing down any case that brings him up against Alicia in court. At least we didn't see the daft bint he's been carrying on with this ep.

I'm ok with the Kalinda story - the cop/Damian thing is/was just weird, but Kalinda is living in this purgatory and it sucks. But she can still bring it when needed.

Eli, Eli, Eli...nice set up about the video, and I didn't mind the Peter Bogdanovich part because it was so loopy and at that point who cares who the father was, as long as it wasn't Peter Florrick. Marilyn continues to bug, though - NO WAY such a highly respected ethics commissioner would have been so coy about her babydaddy and the baby's name, given the history of her boss. And what about her line about seeing the dad every day?

Damn, it's going to be difficult to get that song outta my head now.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    The references to "that song" are going WAY over my head. What are you all talking about??!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    The references to "that song" are going WAY over my head. What are you all talking about??!!
    The song that was the basis for the case-of-the-week copyright sue/countersue. It only got played about 18 times over the course of the episode, so it would be easy to miss.

vCash
    Thicky Trick!!
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Weird, I can't even think of the song right now. Guess it was never going to end up on my mp3 player, so it was gone from my memory as soon as the episode aired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Thicky Trick!!
    I couldn't remember the song, but I read the title it all came back to me.

vCash
    I started watching this show on Hulu last week and am now half way through season 3. Completely hooked! I'm not going to read through this thread or post anymore until I've caught up. It strikes me that this show is everything that Scandal wanted to be when it started out. I had to give up on that one due to bad acting/writing. Hoping that this one keeps it together!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Weird, I can't even think of the song right now. Guess it was never going to end up on my mp3 player, so it was gone from my memory as soon as the episode aired.
    A refresher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Hwj15F-AM

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Tonight's episode is called "We, The Juries". Video preview for tonight's episode. A synopsis for tonight's show:

Spoiler

And from Wikipedia:

Bruce Springsteen album promotion

During the January 12, 2014 episode, "We, the Juries", snippets of three songs from Bruce Springsteen's new album, High Hopes, which will be released two days later, will be featured. CBS struck a deal with Springsteen's record label to promote the new album, which will also be streamed through CBS.com from 10pm on January 12 to 7pm on January 13. Writer Keith Eisner, who is from Springsteen's home state of New Jersey said the deal came together after the season's 12th episode had been written and filmed, but not yet edited. He said when he heard of Springsteen's songs being used he literally jumped up and down in excitement. "High Hopes", "The Ghost of Tom Joad" and "Hunter of Invisible Game" will be the songs featured at various points in the episode. CBS said this was a way to gain wider exposure for the album in an unconventional way, and lure his baby boomer fans to the show and the top-rated network's website.

vCash
    ^Hmm, I wondered if there was some kind of musical product-placement going on there. It was rather obvious, but also not too annoying as the song placements were relatively on-mood.

Will is an ass. I was giving him some leeway up til now but when he out-and-out lied to the judge's face ...

The scene between him and Peter was pretty great though.

vCash
    It was kind of a weak episode in an otherwise great season thus far. They were due a clunker. I realize that having 2 firms means you have to have those firms interact, but last night's case of the week was tedious to watch.

I did enjoy Cary duping Kalinda (an unfamiliar position for her to be in), but am tired of the writers not knowing how to utilize Kalinda except have her drift into having sex with anyone that she casts her dewy eyes on. (yawn)

There were no previews, so I'm assuming no new episode next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Will is an ass. I was giving him some leeway up til now but when he out-and-out lied to the judge's face ...

The scene between him and Peter was pretty great though.
    ^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Will is soooooooooooooo tedious...

Kalinda having sex with anything that moves is getting tedious...

This show is getting really, really TEDIOUS.

vCash
    No new shows until March.

I was in heaven watching Victor Garber as the judge. (I miss Alias). No one does exasperated better than him. And I wonder if it was an audience shoutout when he told Alicia, Will, Diane and Cary to 'stop backbiting'.

Marilyn FINALLY grew a pair and became the Ethics Liaison that I've wanted the her to be. She came in as strong female in the governor's office, but dissolved into a looney subplot about a new age pregnant flake. Wonder how the 'What Peter Knew" will play out? Alicia went all Tiger Mom when she realized Zack could be involved, but I wonder if she realized while talking to Peter that she picked the wrong man. If his governorship goes down in flames, then she's back to being the idiot wife, her firm loses the cache that comes from having the Gov's wife as a leader AND her son is dragged into it this time.

Glad to see more Cary this episode too. But his client poaching cost their current client his case. If Will was wrong for lying to the judge about the jurors talking, then Alicia was just as wrong to not bring it forward sooner AND mention it to Cary who was standing right there at the time.

I guess the role of "Super Investigator" has been passed from Kalinda to Robyn?

Thrilled that Irish Mob Lawyer sat this episode out. Now if they could just arrange an off screen death for him, I'd be in heaven.

PS to CBS. Hated the use of Springsteen's songs. Was it specified that brief snippets could only be used during power walks in the gov's office?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    No new shows until March.
    Really? I wonder why they teased us with just one post-Christmas show.

I'm actually okay with a brief hiatus -- until Downton Abbey and Sherlock are done. And if it gives the GW writers more time to work on some better scripts ... :

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    ...Wonder how the 'What Peter Knew" will play out? Alicia went all Tiger Mom when she realized Zack could be involved, but I wonder if she realized while talking to Peter that she picked the wrong man.
    Considering what a colossal asshat Will has been since Alicia left the firm, I'm not sure Peter was the wrong man.

The double jury thing was a little silly, but Kalinda getting duped by her own tactics was brilliant. I don't quite buy that she wouldn't have done more research - doesn't she have an in to find out about arrests? - but it was worth it.

Poor Marilyn the throaty-growled sex kitten ethics investigator. She sure got shoved around by the boys this ep :/

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Really? I wonder why they teased us with just one post-Christmas show.
    two shows, actually

vCash
    Was thrilled with Carey playing Kalinda and liked her reaction. Also thought Matt Czuchry looked extremely hot in the doorway in his purple which is rare for me. I guess ties are his downfall.

I've been hating Will over all the 'competition' episodes but loved it when he talked to Peter and said something like, "is that what you thought when you took away Diane's judgeship?" I love Diane and will not forgive Peter for making her cry until he gets down on his knees and ask for her forgiveness.

The whole case of the week was bad and I was annoyed that LG let a somewhat innocent man go to jail over their pettiness & fighting. Not to proud of my Diane there...

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast