Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Nashville Recommendations

I will be going to Nashville in mid July (13-17) and have never been. Can anyone offer any recommendations? My husband will be at a conference during the day so it would be nice for some things I could go and do on my own plus some things we could do together in the evenings. Any restaurants we must eat at? I did a search on here and I saw a thread or two about Nashville so I jotted down a few things I read but I am hoping someone has something new to add.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I live in downtown Nashville. What hotel will you be in?

vCash
    I've never been there, but just yesterday a friend told me this is a great restaurant: https://plus.google.com/105153324223...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Might be worth checking out.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    I live in downtown Nashville. What hotel will you be in?
    We are staying at The Preston. Kind of picked it randomly. Should I hurry and change it? lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Well it is not near anything....nothing at all. Will you have a car?

vCash
    It looked to be on the outskirts. Yes, we are driving. The reason we are staying there is because my husbands conference is somewhere in Opryland and it is close to that. So he can take the shuttle to the conference and I won't be stuck at the hotel all day or using taxis.
    -Brian

vCash
    If you have access to a car you will be fine at the Preston. It is right on the interstate (I-40) and very near the airport. If you would like I can come get you one day and give you a tour of Nashville. We can talk skating over lunch.

vCash
    I live in Nashville too so please let me know if I can be of any help. Since you're close, I would definitely check out the Opryland Hotel. I'm not sure it's the draw it used to be, but the indoor gardens and sheer mass of the place are pretty neat. Do what I do and park in the Opry Mills parking lot and make the short walk into the hotel. Otherwise, it's something like $15 to park in the hotel lot.

Obviously, a visit to Nashville isn't complete without a visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame. Not sure where you're from but prepare for it to be really hot!

vCash
    We're not country music fans, but we really enjoyed the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum, the Johnny Cash Museum, a tour of the Ryman Auditorium & Grand 'Ole Opry. The Opryland Hotel is worth a visit for the beautiful gardens - definitely park @ the Opy Mills Mall & walk over. We also toured Belle Meade Plantation - very nice, complete with winery & tastings.