Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Carriere has no part of the U.S mens figure skating future at this point. It would make much more sense to give Brown or Farris the spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    Carriere has no part of the U.S mens figure skating future at this point. It would make much more sense to give Brown or Farris the spot.
    Farris already has two GP assignments. Carriere is just as deserving as Brown for a GP assignment. His long term future in the sport is irrelevant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Carriere is just as deserving as Brown for a GP assignment. His long term future in the sport is irrelevant.
    This. Besides Carriere is only 24

vCash
    It isnt irrelevant to the USFSA. Giving a guy who is about the 10th best skater in the country, who is probably in his final season, and who has no hope of even making the Olympic or World teams this year or long term prospects for the U.S serves them as no purpose. From their perspective what sense does giving him Skate America make.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twizzlesizzle View Post
    Evan's back on the ice. He's doing what he can to get himself ready. There's a few weeks to go before SA, a lot can happen during that time.

Personally, I hope he DOES come back, and shuts all of you up, or least gives you something worth crying about.
    Evan may be back on the ice doing all he can to get ready, but Evan's coach is the one making statements about how significant his injuries are and how he is slowly getting back into competitive condition.

The original poster perhaps should have chosen the word "if" instead of "when" in the thread title, but in no way seemed to be indicating ill will to Evan in the original post. Given the situation, I think most posters would like for Evan to be healthy enough to skate, but from what is being reported having doubts and speculation is certainly not unwarranted either.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    His own coach implies he might not even be ready for Nationals. So not being ready for Skate America in just 2 weeks is a foregone conclusion. As an earlier poster said he wont announce it now. The USFSA is probably pressuring him to keep quiet as long as possible to sell tickets.
    All of this is currently hearsay. Thanks to the Admin who moved this to the Trash Can, where it belongs.

To be honest, I don't expect him to compete at SA either, but all of this is speculation, not proven truth. Gossip belongs here, not in the Great Skate Debate.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    I expect USFS will push him to wait until as late as possible. He is the ticket seller IMHO
    I am legitmately only going to consider buying a ticket if Jason Brown competes.

vCash
    Jason would be a wonderful choice. His programs are entertaining and the choreography is brilliant. His entries into his jumps are difficult and unique. America needs to see where the future of mens US figure skating lies. Not to mention what a nice young man he is and a role model for younger skaters.

vCash
    If Lysacek withdraws, I would love to see Jason Brown. He was fabulous at Neblehorn!
    His programs ooze charisma and a sense of true fun. And a Y spiral into a tano lutz? Come on! Wow.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Evan's officially out. Come on down, Jason Brown!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    This thread was psychic !!

vCash
    GO Jason Brown!!! (((get well, Evan--or just listen to your body and work on finding that next goal in life)))
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Then the title of the thread should have been as you just stated it: "IF" Evan pulls out of Skate America, not "WHEN." The title suggests a withdrawal is a foregone conclusion.
    Yeah, probably. The poster was just playing the odds...like a cool Vegas skating slot machine..and guess what?? They WON!! Seriously-Ev has been beseiged by injury, and has withdrawn from the last 2 Skate America's..perhaps someone betting on the Trifecta wasn't mean, it was just plain honest. I wasn't a BIT surprised to see that he'd withdrawn!! Would loved to have seen him there, but a torn Labrum will NOT heal with intense training.

Anyway, I'm going to Skate America to see ARTUR GACHINSKI!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12