Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned Member
    vCash

Get ready for Russian domination in the ladies division for at least the next 8 years

...if it isn't obvious already. ...And they're diverse too: from Lipnitskaya, Radionova, Sotnikova-- c'mon, to ****in' Proklova, Medvedeva, Sahanovich.

All of them legit too. They're just churning them out like when Round Lake was churning out all-time gymnast after all-time gymnast back in the '80s. Good Lord, I feel bad for us Americans and every other country for that matter. Be forewarned.
    Last edited by ComplimentsFrom; 11-20-2013 at 06:12 AM.

vCash
    No, it isn't obvious. Russia has a powerhouse of teeny baby ballerinas at present. No one can predict how well those girls will survive their growth spurt. Many do not endure it well and don't retain or regain their pre-puberty jumping abilities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplimentsFrom View Post
    ...if it isn't obvious already. ...And they're diverse too: from Lipnitskaya, Radionova, Sotnikova-- c'mon, to ****in' Proklova, Medvedeva, Sahanovich.

All of them legit too. They're just churning them out like when Round Lake was churning out all-time gymnast after all-time gymnast back in the '80s. Good Lord, I feel bad for us Americans and every other country for that matter. Be forewarned.
    This troll was recently banned by GS. They were known on there as 'AllYouDoIsTalk' (referred to as 'AUDIT' and 'AYDIT' by other members). They refer to Dai supposedly having an 'obsession' with Meryl in one of their stupidest posts. Well this troll certainly has one about Julia Lipnitskaya. The following was one of their barmiest ramblings on GS about Julia:-

No, Julia and her skating do not need your or even my seal of approval. You simply look on as a potential convert, if you will. If you are not converted, Julia and her skating are still there as a mediator between you and grace (in figure skating, at least). For instance, in her short program, Julia is attired in blue—the blue of the Lady Fatima's robe. (As a matter of a fact, Julia and her grace would not be out of place in the role of the Virgin Mary in a Christmas pageant.) Like the Virgin, the skating of Julia is love (of the burning ingot), not necessarily passion (of the burning bush). You see, there is a difference between love and passion: love is essentially the effort to sacrifice yourself, to immolate yourself, to another person; and passion is essentially the effort to sacrifice, to immolate, another person *to* yourself. Julia's skating is definitely the former, it hardly intrudes, but more like the love of The Assumption-- it was and is always there.
    This troll is a complete nuisance. In previous incarnations, they have also been known as 'Let's Talk'. They make deliberately provocative statements. They have banned multiple times. As before, don't feed the troll. Just ban them

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dred View Post
    This troll was recently banned by GS. They were known on there as 'AllYouDoIsTalk' (referred to as 'AUDIT' and 'AYDIT' by other members). They refer to Dai supposedly having an 'obsession' with Meryl in one of their stupidest posts. Well this troll certainly has one about Julia Lipnitskaya. The following was one of their barmiest ramblings on GS about Julia:-

This troll is a complete nuisance. In previous incarnations, they have also been known as 'Let's Talk'. They make deliberately provocative statements. They have banned multiple times. As before, don't feed the troll. Just ban them
    Ha, nice try.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    No, it isn't obvious. Russia has a powerhouse of teeny baby ballerinas at present. No one can predict how well those girls will survive their growth spurt. Many do not endure it well and don't retain or regain their pre-puberty jumping abilities.
    Statistically it's very unlikely that none of them survives puberty. And they have so many skaters with 5 triples and triple-triple combinations, that even if only a small percentage make it into Seniors, they should be dominating Ladies for a long time.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Statistically it's very unlikely that none of them survives puberty. And they have so many skaters with 5 triples and triple-triple combinations, that even if only a small percentage make it into Seniors, they should be dominating Ladies for a long time.
    I agree with you. Even if one of the first group and one of the current slew of juniors get through, they will be hard to contend with. I think the U.S. only have, what, Karen Chen and Tessa Hong.

vCash
    That remains to be seen. For one, I have doubt on if Lipnitskaia would remain a top contender for a long time, given her tiny jumps. But I agree some of them will be competitive in the next quad. I like Pogorilaya's chances.

vCash
    I agree with you. Even if one of the first group and one of the current slew of juniors get through, they will be hard to contend with. I think the U.S. only have, what, Karen Chen and Tessa Hong.
    The U.S. had their own prospects at the beginning of the current quad. Look where they are now.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pat decaro View Post
    The U.S. had their own prospects at the beginning of the current quad. Look where they are now.
    But Russia just have a wave of them coming. I know, nothing is ever a guarantee in life.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    It seems like the Russian ladies were supposed to be dominating the scene right now as well, going back to predictions from some folks a few years ago. It's a sport of surprises, and no guarantees.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    But Russia just have a wave of them coming. I know, nothing is ever a guarantee in life.
    Yes, it's truly a amazing phenomenon. But not exactly inexplicable, with Olys having been awarded like 7 years ago. Russian economy has been doing well during the preparation period, and add to that the strong state support for their winter athletes.

But still, 4 years to the next Olys is a long time, for the teen female skaters.

vCash
    Just like when the Russians swept the ladies podium at Junior Worlds in 1996 and 1998.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    It seems like the Russian ladies were supposed to be dominating the scene right now as well, going back to predictions from some folks a few years ago. It's a sport of surprises, and no guarantees.
    Right. Who could have thought, the possibility of neither Sot nor Tuk guaranteed a trip to the Olys.

vCash
    Russia can qualify up to 4 girls out of 6 in the GPF, Sot and Pogrilaya have already qualified. Radionova is on the fence, and would qualify depending on how Kostner skates, and Lipnitskaya has 15 points from her 1st GP and a 4th place position should help her qualify. That is not shabby at all.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Russia can qualify unto 4 girls out of 6 in the GPFs, Sot and Pogrilaya has qualified. Radionova is on the fence and would depend on how Kostner skate and Lipnitskaya has 15 points from her 1st GP. That is not shabby at all, not at all.
    And they might sweep Junior Worlds again, in two consecutive years! with three different skaters, I might add.

vCash
    Tessa Hong is competing at the U.S. Intermediate level this season with one triple in her FS. There's no need to hype her this early in her career.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Tessa Hong is competing at the U.S. Intermediate level this season with one triple in her FS. There's no need to hype her this early in her career.
    Well, in that case, Gracie's better get her mind right and carry the mantle for U.S. figure skating then, cause the Russians are coming.
    Last edited by ComplimentsFrom; 11-20-2013 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pat decaro View Post
    That remains to be seen. For one, I have doubt on if Lipnitskaia would remain a top contender for a long time, given her tiny jumps. But I agree some of them will be competitive in the next quad. I like Pogorilaya's chances.
    You've got Medvedeva, Sotskova, Ogoreltsvea, Gubanova, Tsurskaya, Sakhanovich, Kaiumova, Kolomiets, the list goes on and on and on.

vCash
    You've got Medvedeva, Sotskova, Ogoreltsvea, Gubanova, Tsurskaya, Sakhanovich, Kaiumova, Kolomiets, the list goes on and on and on.
    And your latest find, Anastasia Gubanova! http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ext-Wonderbaby
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    And your latest find, Anastasia Gubanova!
    She's on that list.

10-year old with a huge 3flip and 2axel/3toe. She won't even be eligible for JGP until 2015/2016!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast