Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Kyla Ross doing well so far and Jinnan looks good on bars and Mai Murakami has a very good chance of making the Vault final. Yay.

Anyway I honestly can't understand a word Martha says at all.

vCash
    Quad twist dismount on the floor was named after Shirai. Yay!
    "You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you'll just Smile."  --by john turner and geoffrey parsons

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Just when you think Rodenenko's are bad, Marta comes out do them all with this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_rNN0yjnqg
    she is such a poor sport...
    Is she a poor sport or just telling the truth? I don't think Marta is very concerned about China at the moment. If this were a team Worlds I am not sure anyone could come even close to the US.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Biles scored a 15.9 on her Amanar with a large step forward. That's a 9.6 E score. If Maroney sticks then I am VERY curious to see what score they give her. I can't see them going over 9.8 but you can't justify that when Biles goes 9.6 with a large step and her crossed feet plus less height and distance.

Biles also has the highest E score on bars. Explain that. Looks like the judges have made their decision.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Is she a poor sport or just telling the truth? I don't think Marta is very concerned about China at the moment. If this were a team Worlds I am not sure anyone could come even close to the US.
    No, if she has no proof she should shut up, especially sitting in her position. Otherwise people will start can make baseless allegation about american gymnasts as well. Question is Whether Huang is 11 years or not, and whether Marta has proof for this.

Huang actually won events in 2004, that would make her 2 years old at the time. This is Huang Huidan in 2009 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF1ZEepDCsQ , does this look like a 7 year old to you ?

vCash
    Marta knows better than any of us if the Chinese are cheating. Maybe that gymnast isn't underage but no doubt some of them are. People can allege anything they want about US gymnasts ages because we keep records from birth and can easily prove ages. We also keep very talented and underage gymnasts off of teams (Liukin, among many others).
    -Brian

vCash
    Marta knows better than any of us if the Chinese are cheating. Maybe that gymnast isn't underage but no doubt some of them are. People can allege anything they want about US gymnasts ages because we keep records from birth and can easily prove ages. We also keep very talented and underage gymnasts off of teams (Liukin, among many others).
    Then she should expect a backlash and she could be labelled a Raci$t and a sore loser. We know Chinese has used underage gymnast, so has she and her husband with regards to romanian athletes.

vCash
    Yikes, Maroney loses to Ross on a tiebreaker and doesn't make floor finals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesalchows View Post
    Yikes, Maroney loses to Ross on a tiebreaker and doesn't make floor finals.
    Hmm, I wonder if there is any chance Maroney would be swapped in? Unlikely I would say but not impossible.

The FIG site really doesn't want to do live results so I haven't been able to follow scores very well but sounds like Maroney had some beautiful vaults and hit bars. Even if she doesn't qualify for AA finals, I'm glad that she gets this opportunity to show she can be more than just a vaulter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Quad twist dismount on the floor was named after Shirai. Yay!
    I just saw the video. I was completely speechless. Will they name the tty after him as well?
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if there is any chance Maroney would be swapped in? Unlikely I would say but not impossible.

The FIG site really doesn't want to do live results so I haven't been able to follow scores very well but sounds like Maroney had some beautiful vaults and hit bars. Even if she doesn't qualify for AA finals, I'm glad that she gets this opportunity to show she can be more than just a vaulter.
    Her bars really did look nice. Problems on beam, including a fall.

vCash
    And fall for Maroney on beam, so definitely no AA final for her. Given that she hasn't competed beam in a long time (probably since Olympic trials), not that surprising. Mustafina also had a fall on floor and Iorache had an intermediate swing on bars, so a bit of a rough outing for this group.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Her bars really did look nice. Problems on beam, including a fall.
    Damn. I was hoping she'd make more than vault final. Since Biles and Ross will be in the AA, maybe Maroney will be swapped in for floor final. I hope.

vCash
    I don't see any reason to sub in Maroney on FX unless they think she can medal. I know there is one more group but where does it look like Maroney/Ross will qualify? Also, did Maroney give away any free tenths? If not, then her score would put her in about the same spot so why bother? Marta doesn't sub very often so I doubt it will happen but Ross may be worn out by the end of this with the AA and two other EF.
    -Brian

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    but Ross may be worn out by the end of this with the AA and two other EF.
    This was more my reasoning for subbing Maroney. I hope Ross kicks butt in the AA.

vCash
    Also, did Maroney give away any free tenths? If not, then her score would put her in about the same spot so why bother? Marta doesn't sub very often so I doubt it will happen but Ross may be worn out by the end of this with the AA and two other EF.
    Maroney had a .1 penalty. Her D score is 6.1 - Ross' D score is 5.7. They're tied at 5th place.

vCash
    I know I defended the cheating in the past, but I take that back and I'm not okay with that. However, the particular gymnast in question has been talked about Chinese fans for quite a few years....

Yes, Huang is on record for wining provincial medals in China in 2004. If she was 11, she would have been two then-that's not possible. It is possible she's underage, but if the Chinese did it they did it years and years ago she's been on the Chinese rader for a long time.
    Last edited by bek; 10-02-2013 at 05:44 PM.

vCash
    Maroney had a time penalty. What a shame.

vCash
    Maroney should be subbed in for Ross in floor finals since Ross doesnt have the difficulty to have any chance to medal. A 5.7 D score (I think sometimes she has a 5.8) cannot medal in floor no matter what. Maroney atleast could if she really nails a great routine, especialy if others have mistakes. Marta probably wont though since she loves Ross.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    And fall for Maroney on beam, so definitely no AA final for her. Given that she hasn't competed beam in a long time (probably since Olympic trials), not that surprising. Mustafina also had a fall on floor and Iorache had an intermediate swing on bars, so a bit of a rough outing for this group.
    Maroney wouldnt have qualified for AA finals even without her fall.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast