Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Becky Downie winning bars was Hope she repeats at worlds.

Fragapane's floor was also Killer

Bulimar is a woman!

This Romanian team should build really well for Rio.

Overall, it will be difficult to watch this year's American team with high SVs and nothing else beat the likes of the Romanians at worlds.

Musty should not have been carted out for these championships.

Italians were horrific.

Can I just say and for the amazing creativity and originality of British Bars!

vCash
    Gabby Douglas is attending her first national team camp since the Olympics: link.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am curious to see the videos they usually post at the end of the camp. I wonder where she is in her training. If she is not far along and is just there to get seen by Marta then I suppose they won't release a video of her.

Is there any word on Maroney? I know she had another injury but I thought she was getting back from that but I don't recall any videos of her from the May camp so I don't know if she was there and she isn't listed for the June camp.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    McKayla wasn't at the May camp.

vCash
    Cool to see Gabby taking it seriously. if the comeback materializes, she picked the perfect time to do it. I'm really curious how she looks, I think even a watered down UB/BB by her could be useable as soon as this year (ESP with Price retiring).

vCash
    Earlier this year I said to keep an eye on Rachel Gowey, just something about her gymnastics REALLY impresses me... And she has upgraded. A lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnLU4GxpodM&hd=1

I dare you not to put her on the world team now! The Amanar upgrade alone does it for me, such a beautiful gymnast too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    Earlier this year I said to keep an eye on Rachel Gowey, just something about her gymnastics REALLY impresses me... And she has upgraded. A lot.

I dare you not to put her on the world team now! The Amanar upgrade alone does it for me, such a beautiful gymnast too.
    Even before the upgrades, I always found her to be more impressive than Flatley to be honest, though I don't think that's how most people felt.

vCash
    Rachel Gowey

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post

Oh she is a sight for sore eyes! Thank goodness, there is one with nice lines in the pipeline!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Any news on Ohashi? She seems to have flamed out fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Any news on Ohashi? She seems to have flamed out fast.
    I saw an interview with Ohashi from Gymnastike back in January of this year. It sounded like she was unsure if she would go back to elite or do level 10 until college (think she committed to UCLA?). It sounded like she was still struggling with injuries. I don't expect to see her back honestly. Shame too because I enjoyed watching her.

vCash
    Anyone know the status of Jon Horton, Danell Leyva, and Steven Legendre? Are they competing this season? I see that Leyva did Winter Cup but then nothing else. Jon and Steven are on the National team but Leyva is not...

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Well, Jonathan Horton is on American Ninja Warrior tonight.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    ^^ And Terin is going to be on again this year too; probably next week at the St. Louis trials.

I know JHo LOVES ANW so he'll probably be back; maybe not till after Rio but they seem to like their returning contestants so I'm sure this won't be his only time on the show. I thought he did pretty good; muscled through most of it but once he takes time to learn the strategy and rely on brains over brawn, he could do really well.

Spoiler

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Apparently Douglas has plans of competing at Nationals in August. That's rather impressive. If she plans to compete in just 2 months then she must really be in decent shape and ready to go on at least bars and beam. I am rooting for absolutely anyone who can keep Skinner off the team at this point. However, if Maroney can't come back and vault then I don't know if Skinner can get bumped unless someone can go big on floor and vault.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    That's extremely ambitious considering that she hasn't been back in Iowa *that* long, right? But if Chow thinks she's ready, then I trust him. Likely she doesn't plan to be back as an AA'er and is hoping to nab a bars spot. I'm not sure Marta would really take her to team finals for beam. But it's the same in the US as it's been for years; good bars workers are always going to get the nod.

Skinner has improved over the last year, to be honest. This may be the only year she has a REAL shot at the team with Biles and Maroney with questionable status and Aly making a comeback next year.

So, we'll see. It will be interesting to see how everyone looks at Classics as that can be very telling as far as their intentions for the rest of the season.

vCash
    I shot Anadia Challenge Cup last week(FIG World Cup), I'm having trouble with uploading photos to my site(again) so here are a few I put on Twitter:

Sam Mikulak on parallel bars and also Jossimar Calvo.

Eddie Penev is a riot when he reacts to a good exercise.

Men's Floor podium with Sam Mikulak, Eddie Penev and Tomás González. Of all the sports/disciplines I've shot so far, MAG definitely has the nicest medal ceremonies.

There are a few more on my Twitter so take a peek.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    ^^ And Terin is going to be on again this year too; probably next week at the St. Louis trials.

I know JHo LOVES ANW so he'll probably be back; maybe not till after Rio but they seem to like their returning contestants so I'm sure this won't be his only time on the show. I thought he did pretty good; muscled through most of it but once he takes time to learn the strategy and rely on brains over brawn, he could do really well.

Spoiler

Yeah, after I was over the WTF, I has to laugh that that was the event he failed. I figured he crash and burn on the wall.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    This makes no sense to me. I understand the lure of NCAA, but being one of the best all-around gymnasts in the world with the Olympics two years away, I don't get why she would make this decision. Considering how good her bars are and how this is a relative weakness to the US team, she could have been a big asset the next two years.

I expected Biles and Price to go 1-2 at worlds this year. The AA silver really opened up now....
    Ebee never planned on staying around for Rio 2016. The only question was was she going to stick around for 2014 Worlds. Her goal was always to get a scholarship to do NCAA gymnastics and get a college education at a top school, Stanford being the only school to fit that bill (top 10 in gymnastics and academics). If she got injured between now and when she starts at Stanford, there goes her college scholarship worth upwards of $250,000. Plenty of people tried to get Ebee to stick around at least through 2014 Worlds but she chose to matriculate at Stanford this fall. She made her decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raineydaze View Post
    Stanford doesn't allow students to start in January, so I think that may have contributed to her decision. She would have been a shoo-in for this year's World team, but in 2015 several key juniors turn senior and then more in 2016, and making the Olympic team would likely have been a long shot for her. She's not making any money on the elite scene, Marta doesn't send the girls to that many competitions, training for elite gymnastics is grueling... I think it all boiled down to how badly she wanted a World title or medal next to her name. And I guess she didn't really want it all that badly. Good for her. Stanford's a great school, and I think she'll be a huge asset to their team and will have a lot of fun in the NCAA. Elite isn't for everyone.
    You are right about not being able to start at Stanford in January. Regarding the last comment about elite not being for everyone, Ebee would say that she did elite for 4 years and that was enough. Her original plan involved going to 2013 Worlds and starting Stanford in 2014 (never considered hanging around for 2016). When she didn't make the Worlds team (not surprising considering she had trained all of 2 weeks before nationals and 5 weeks total before selection camp - the surprising thing is that she even had full routines and was named an alternate) she had to decide whether she would defer to make 2014 Worlds and ultimately decided no.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast