Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Ross was doing the exact same crap that she has always done at Jesolo. Was she just taking it easy or is she never going to upgrade? If she can't upgrade then she is on borrowed time.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Ross must be dealing with an injury that's stopping her from doing inside stalders. She replaced them all with toe-ons, which really affected her D score.

I'm very curious who will make the US team for Pacific Rim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    That is assuming Biles can hit her upgraded vault. Also, isn't Biles currently injured herself? If so, those upgrades may start to disappear. When she comes back she may not have time to get back all the difficulty she had plus the new upgrades and maybe the vault upgrade will go. Maroney wouldn't be hurt by waiting a year but I think she knows how precarious her spot is on the team. Even last year people were going crazy saying she had no reason to be on the team since Biles could win the vault gold. Maroney needs to stick with the sport and stay in shape because she needs to show Marta she can compete AA and be used on any event when needed and specifically she needs to keep herself vital to the team on more than just vault, so for her that means FX. She may feel like if she takes too long of a break that she won't be able to get back into the same competitive form other than on vault which clearly comes very naturally for her. If she isn't usable on the other events then her gold caliber vaults may not matter.
    I think as long as Maroney improves her floor to the point she is top 3 in the U.S, adds to their team score by doing floor, and is a medal threat on floor, and improves her bars and beam to the point they are usable in the prelim round is needed, and medal round in super emergency case only, she will be fine. Even if Biles surpasses her on vault she is still the 2nd best U.S vaulter and right now she is probably their 2nd best floor worker. If Ross didnt have the routine of her life in prelims at worlds, Maroney would have been in floor final last year and probably medalled. So she is still an overall asset to the U.S team even if Biles surpasses her on vault, adding to the team score on both vault and floor amongst the current girls they have.

vCash
    Ross was doing the exact same crap that she has always done at Jesolo. Was she just taking it easy or is she never going to upgrade? If she can't upgrade then she is on borrowed time.
    Even if she isnt an asset to the U.S on beam anymore when the new girls come in, she probably always will be on bars. U.S is weak on bars, and even when the new girls come in Ross will probably still add substantially to their team score on bars. So she will always keep making U.S teams for her bars and for her ability to do any event and do it well if needed.

vCash
    Here is a video of the all-around/team competition:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9LIMm8Fm3M&hd=1

Gowey's FX is at about 1:45 in, shame her beam wasn't shown but this floor shows off her qualities and potential quite well also.
    Last edited by Karpenko; 03-24-2014 at 02:54 AM.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Biles must be ok as she was named to the Pacific Rim team.

Senior Simone Biles, Elizabeth Price, Kyla Ross and juniors Nia Dennis, Norah Flatley and Bailie Key the six women slated represent the USA at the 2014 Pacific Rim Championships in Richmond, B.C., Canada, April 9-11.

From usag's web page

vCash
    why cant Russian skaters have decent and beautiful dress like these?

thats better than Pogorilaya, Radionova and Sotnikova's dresses combined
    Mamun ribbon dress https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oY_NKNp07k
    Last edited by love_skate2011; 03-24-2014 at 06:45 PM.

vCash
    Biles might be able to beat Maroney on vault but will probably lose to Price. Price is training a 3.5 twisting yurchenko and plans to unveil it soon.

vCash
    No one is doing a 3.5 twisting Yurchenko. No one has ever done the triple and only even a very few men have done it. Price can go for the triple but she better save it for the big competitions because she will probably blow her knees out in the process.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Honestly, those kinds of gymnastic elements scare me...

vCash
    Fractured leg is right if she tries for a 3.5. However, it'd be quite amazing to see.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Actually, some people have speculated if we might see a female gymnast attempt a 3.5 before a 3 because the landing is so much easier. I mean, you've got to be a darn fast twister to get anything over a 2.5 around anyway, why not go for the extra half and get the better landing? Who knows. Still, I'll believe it when I see it.

vCash
    A 3 1/2 yurchenko before a triple is like seeing a dancing pig in a coconut bra as your server at Applebees. I would believe that would happen before I see Price do a vault like that. Her 2 1/2 is very nice but regressed a bit since 2012 IMO.

I'm glad to see Simone is going to be at Pacific Rim, she will be going to Worlds this year IMO even if it were only for a beam routine or a watered down floor. I think the core of the team will be Biles, Maroney, Ross, and Price, which leaves Vault and Floor pretty much covered, with balance beam and uneven bars where we could use a strong gymnast. I think Madison Kocian will be battling Brenna Dowell, neither one of them is strong enough on beam for both to make it IMO, so I'm going to gamble a bit and say that the 5th and 6th gymnasts to the US worlds team will be Madison Kocian and Rachel Gowey (who will also be a good backup on both UB and FX) with Sarah Finnegan and Brenna Dowell as alternates (sorry Al). A balaced team of power and pretty. Key, Flately, Dennis, Hernandez, and returning Fierce 5 members are going to make 2016 Olympic Trials the meet of the milennium so far. What a crop of gymnasts!

Also love that Bailey Key is using "Crystallize" by Lindsey Stirling on FX I used that in a Yuna Kim montage a couple of months ago.

I think Key will always have that Kyla Ross boring quality but she's progressing really nicely. I'm finally seeing Amanar potential in her DTY, her bars look upgradable and could be in the 15 range with a bit more here or there addressed, beam will be her money event, and that floor routine will be a big hit the next 2 years that she has it, nice choreaography and it gives her a great look and fits her way of presenting a routine. It's so nice that her ode to Kim Zmeskal's greatest hits routine is now in the past, I really disliked that one and found it tacky of Kim to give her that one - what a nice turnaround!
    Last edited by Karpenko; 03-26-2014 at 05:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Actually, some people have speculated if we might see a female gymnast attempt a 3.5 before a 3 because the landing is so much easier. I mean, you've got to be a darn fast twister to get anything over a 2.5 around anyway, why not go for the extra half and get the better landing? Who knows. Still, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Wouldn't the 3.5 be a harder landing because it's forward and therefore a blind landing? Or is it with that many rotations, the blind landing aspect doesn't matter?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    The landing is probably easier on the knee injury wise, because the knee wouldn't be twisting into the ground and also absorbing the impact of the rotation. It would be harder to spot the landing but less severe on the knee (you have to expect that on either vault the gymnast will be twisting until the bitter end) because the rotation would still be pulling you forward like on a 1 1/2 or an Amanar. But still, pig in a coconut bra.

vCash
    Do you think the U.S would ever have 3 stronger bars workers than her? Remember the U.S is so super weak on bars vs other events like say vault, that in London Anna Li probably would have outscored Wieber on bars by more than Maroney would typically outscore Raisman (the U.S #4 vaulter), and that is despite Anna Li isnt even that good a bars worker at all and wasnt even the U.S top bar worker at the time. The reason they took Maroney is probably only since she was supposed to win the vault gold, and someone like Anna Li didnt have a prayer of a bars medal. So unless the team depth is going down on events like vault and floor, and going way up on bars, Ross would always be taken just for her bars.

vCash
    We'll never know about Li. She was denied her chance to show what she could have scored internationally at Worlds 2011 in order to give Sacramone a symbolic medal.

vCash
    Symbolic of what? That Marta Karolyi is a huge douche. I guess technically it did break her the world medals record, but I will never regard her 10th medal as a real medal, plus the thought of her being above Miller and Liukin in anything at all is too LOL to take seriously anyway.

vCash
    The U.S. is already looking better on bars than they have in quite a while. Depending on who makes the team, the U.S. could do quite well on bars. Just because we won't be able to beat Russia on the event doesn't mean we aren't putting up good numbers. Ross, for now, is needed on bars but I could definitely see that changing quickly. Girls come out of nowhere in this sport all the time.
    -Brian

vCash
    The junior crop coming up that will become eligible in 2015 and 2016 is actually really strong on bars and beam. The U.S will probably have a weaker vault team than 2012, and a much stronger bars team, which will make it easier for someone like Maroney to make it even if Biles surpasses her on vault, and make it much harder for someone like Ross if she doesnt improve.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast