Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    vCash
    You won this round... but not the war!!

vCash
    Let's hope Carlotta Ferlito spent more time learning a real beam series and less time bamboozling us with her eye shadow so when she misses the podium after she can find some new material. I dare her to disrespect a sistah on home turf.
    Last edited by Karpenko; 02-25-2014 at 02:53 AM.

vCash
    Simone Biles Changes Gym - article reads:-

Simone Biles, the Spring teenager who won the national and world all-around women’s gymnastics championships in 2013, has decided to switch gyms while she recovers from a shoulder injury.

Biles’ father, Ronald Biles, said in a statement issued Thursday through USA Gymnastics that Biles and her coach, Aimee Boorman, will be moving to another gym from Bannon’s Gymnastix in Spring, where she has trained since age 6.

“Simone got her start in gymnastics at Bannon’s Gymnastix, and what she has learned there is the foundation for her achievements in gymnastics,” Biles said. “We appreciate everything that Bannon’s has done for Simone.

“However, we believe for her future growth and development that this is the time for us to make a change. … We are in the process of finalizing where she will be training while she recovers from her shoulder injury.”

vCash
    Oh, so her coach is moving with her? Is that common?

BTW, it sounds like Mr. Biles learned a thing or two from the Gaby Douglas Excalibur fiasco and gave credit to Gymnastix.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Just wanted to bump up to say that the American Cup is airing on NBC on March 1. Check your local listings.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Oh, so her coach is moving with her? Is that common?
    The grapevine says that Aimee Boorman left Bannon's and took her pupil with her, not vice versa. I don't believe it's been confirmed officially by the parties involved, but I think it makes sense.

vCash
    ??

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I wonder where Boorman is looking to end up at. It doesn't seem like that big of a change (training wise, technique wise, etc) for Biles if her main coach is still her main coach. It can allow her to get different sets of eyes on certain events, depending where she ends up at (Woga, for example, could help her a lot more on bars).
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Oh, and I heard the 2015 American Cup is going to be in Dallas at Cowboy Stadium. There are rumblings that Dallas is gearing up for an Olympic bid and that the stadium would be used for gymnastics events so this could all be a part of that plan. It would essentially serve as part of the bid (look, we held a major gymnastics event in the stadium and it went perfectly...)
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Not a single post about today's American Cup... Really says a lot about the state of gymnastics. But Price looked nice on vault and bars, overall I think the US is finally on the upswing on this event and if Dowell cleans up that awful Yezhova form, the US has a really strong UB lineup with Dowell, Price, and Ross. Beam and floor were really gross from these two, but I found Sophie Sheder to be absolutely beautiful (esp on bars). I really like the talent in Germany right now, there's a throwback about their level of execution that is so refreshing to watch.

vCash
    It was a boring meet other than the Mikulak/Hambuechen bromance. Sambien????

vCash
    What bromance?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Siouxs View Post
    What bromance?
    Apparently Hambucechen came to the US ahead of the start of the American Cup and trained at the University of Michigan. Sam and he are now good friends. Hambuechen is even talking about taking a semester's worth of classes there some time in the future.

vCash
    Just watching American Cup and have to say, good going Greensboro, what a great crowd turnout.

vCash
    Blah event, IMO. Then again I was laying in bed half asleep when I watched the recording. I was hoping Al Trautwig would be too gassed from the Olympics to commentate, but I was sorely disappointed. I loved how they kept talking about this Dowell vs. Steingruber showdown for 2nd place the entire meet and they eventually only showed Steingruber's FX routine. Failboat, NBC. Then again, I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Sam is looking good, but that's to be expected since it's the middle of the NCAA season. Always good to see Orozco, but I just don't know if we are ever going to see him at the form he was in at 2012 Nationals & Trials.

Had to laugh at Tim's dig at Leyva in saying that Sam isn't the type of gymnast to bury his head in a towel for hours on end before a routine.

I so much prefer Price's gymnastics to Biles, and I hope that she has a super awesome season. Dowell still has yet to impress me that much. Her UB routine was good, though.

vCash
    I'm the opposite. Biles over Price any day of the week. Price is good but I can't be on board with her, not with that beam and that floor.

Tim's dig at Leyva was kind of mean but I laughed. Oh well.

Seriously, the best part of the meet was Sam and Fabi. They were adorable together.

vCash
    Does Price still raise her arms and stand on two feet on the beam for what seems like hours in-between elements?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    The Nastia Liukin cup was also in GSO last weekend. Showing off junior gymnasts. McKenna Kelly, Mary Lou Retton's daughter tied for first place but lost on a tie break. They interviewed them together and McKenna is about 4-6 inches taller than her mom. She does good gymnastics. Will be interested in her development

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Does Price still raise her arms and stand on two feet on the beam for what seems like hours in-between elements?
    See for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4hLll-7PQo

vCash
    Biles would beat Price anyday in a head to head competition. The only event Price can score higher if both hit is bars.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast