Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash

What happed to Elfi Schlegel?

I don't know if that was addressed before,but what happned to Elfi Schlegel? She was not at Nationals and Worlds. Did her contract ended? I 'd prefer her than Nastia.

vCash
    Not surprised about the Italians' comments. Racism in Italy has definitely kicked up some notches, with all the black refugees pouring into the country. Look how horribly they are treating their first black minister:
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/28/world/...ism/index.html
    I've visited and enjoyed Italy twice in the past, but I'll take my tourist dollars elsewhere in future, thanks.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    The Italian who made all those racist comments should apologize to Biles in private. She should also receive a sanction and possibly 6 to 1 year ban from international competition for her poor behavior.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyu9Lgo4YQ Fantastic beam by Kim Un Hyang, PRK. Where has this girl been? ETA: just realise she's been all over the place. I clearly need to get with the program
    Last edited by millyskate; 10-16-2013 at 07:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hktbone View Post
    I don't know if that was addressed before,but what happned to Elfi Schlegel? She was not at Nationals and Worlds. Did her contract ended? I 'd prefer her than Nastia.
    She was fired. Good thing too as she was awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertmirsh View Post
    She was fired. Good thing too as she was awful.
    I just don't get why she can be let go yet Al Fishwig is not.

Re: the Kim Un Hyang BB routine -- great routine! She has a larger range of difficulty I was expecting, including the layout-full, which is one of my favorite skills on this apparatus. She really needs to clean up the form breaks, almost every skill had one somewhere. But the difficulty coupled with the attack she has throughout the entire routine, once that form is cleaned up she really could sneak into an event finals at a big competition with a hit set.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post

Re: the Kim Un Hyang BB routine -- great routine! She has a larger range of difficulty I was expecting, including the layout-full, which is one of my favorite skills on this apparatus. She really needs to clean up the form breaks, almost every skill had one somewhere. But the difficulty coupled with the attack she has throughout the entire routine, once that form is cleaned up she really could sneak into an event finals at a big competition with a hit set.
    She has already made a world final on beam four years ago:

http://youtu.be/902SpiKm6Ow

vCash
    ^ heh.. shows how much I pay attention...

vCash
    Darn - went to check CBC for SkAm coverage and saw they'd been airing EF since 2pm so missed the first hour. No time shifting possible either. Hopefully I didn't miss a routine not aired on NBC.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Saw Worlds Event Finals highlights on the CBC this afternoon and those of you in here who said the guys put one heck of a aerial act on the High Bar were not kidding...HOLY CRAP!?! Talk about anything you can do I can do better. That was a very enjoyable fifteen/twenty minutes.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    We used to have an NCAA thread but since this is the off season I figured I would post in here:

Lexie Priessman has changed her commitment to LSU! That is huge and one of the biggest commitments LSU has ever got. I really hope more elites begin coming our way. We are on the cusp on challenging for National titles. She is committing for 2015 but may defer until 2016 as she will most likely try for the Olympic team. I don't know which school she was committed to before but apparently her twin sister got a scholarship to LSU for dance so I suppose that helped sway Lexie.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Yes, the high bar competition was very impressive. I am especially happy for the American men who did really well here, especially after London.

But all must hail to King Kohei. He is just phenomenal. There are no words. And the Prince Kenzo. Again, just completely speechless!
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Saw Worlds Event Finals highlights on the CBC this afternoon and those of you in here who said the guys put one heck of a aerial act on the High Bar were not kidding...HOLY CRAP!?! Talk about anything you can do I can do better. That was a very enjoyable fifteen/twenty minutes.
    I just hear Tim Daggett saying "horrible form horrible form" over and over! LOL he was so brutal on form!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I just hear Tim Daggett saying "horrible form horrible form" over and over! LOL he was so brutal on form!
    It was awfully nice having Bart Connor instead (Universal Sports). He and Amanda Borden made a great team.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    We used to have an NCAA thread but since this is the off season I figured I would post in here:

Lexie Priessman has changed her commitment to LSU! That is huge and one of the biggest commitments LSU has ever got. I really hope more elites begin coming our way. We are on the cusp on challenging for National titles. She is committing for 2015 but may defer until 2016 as she will most likely try for the Olympic team. I don't know which school she was committed to before but apparently her twin sister got a scholarship to LSU for dance so I suppose that helped sway Lexie.
    According to her wiki, she had verbally committed to Georgia.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    And now LSU has a commitment from Ruby Harold of Great Britain. What a week LSU is having. I wonder if Jay Clark is about to take over the head coaching position. He clearly has been set up to do so, even his title is something like Co-Head Coach or something similar. He is not labeled assistant. Anyway, maybe these girls are committing because he is able to tell them that he will be taking the reigns within another year or two (they are still 2-3 years from starting). Nothing against D.D. Breaux but Jay Clark seems to have a ton of pull when it comes to recruiting and they may want to come to a program where they know who will be in charge.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    According to her wiki, she had verbally committed to Georgia.
    http://instagram.com/p/fvuMFmsvcS/# She's looking forward to being teammates with Ruby, so it looks like she's changed her mind I'm rather sad that Harrold is considering a collegiate career already. It probably means she's thinking of leaving in less than 2 years, and GB need her for longer than that...

vCash

Gymnastics News #13

Harold may never go to LSU. These elite athletes often commit and all it means is they will go to that college IF they ever go to college. Some do stay in elite gymnastics. Some also go to college and then work back towards elite as another Olympics nears.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Harold may never go to LSU. These elite athletes often commit and all it means is they will go to that college IF they ever go to college. Some do stay in elite gymnastics. Some also go to college and then work back towards elite as another Olympics nears.
    True but I suspect it's a bit more of a decision for an overseas athlete. I can't imagine Ruby Harrold lightly committing to a US college - but maybe you're right! For the UK girls, US college is a massive opportunity. It's just something really fun they can do on a scholarship, just as UK uni fees have shot through the roof. I can imagine that many British gymnasts are going to try their luck from now onwards, and I can imagine it will have an impact the average length of British gymnasts' international careers.

vCash
    What is the format for 2014 worlds? I think it is 6 member teams with 3 up in team finals. Is that right? How many get to compete in qualifications?

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast