Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glee: Season 5

vCash
    It was beautifully done. I hadn't watched the show in at least two seasons, and I wasn't sure about watching this episode because I thought the whole non-explanation of Finn's death was dumb, but I'm very glad to be wrong. I think it was more appropriate that nothing was said, because otherwise it would have been an out-of-Finn's-character PSA announcement. I think Sue summed it up when she said "There's no life lesson to be learned here." It could have easily gone After School Special; I'm glad it did not.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I knew she wouldn't be on the show as they talked about this on the radio a day or two before the episode aired. This article pretty much summed up what was said on the radio.

If they could put in Sue's nastiness in this episode, they could have put in some Britney silliness. Heather Morris was not in the episode because she would have been seven or eight months pregnant when the episode was filmed. Heather gave birth to a baby boy on September 30th.
    I had wondered if there was a tiny bit of jealousy of Dianna since she has had moderate success at moving on from the Glee role in several films. That would seem a bit high schoolish, but then Glee is....

I can barely watch Glee this season with the intense nastiness downright ugliness of Sue's character. I hate it because I think that Jane Lynch is an excellent actress. I am also so beyond the "what the fart" lines. It seems to me that Murphy is not sure how to re-create the success of the first 2 seasons and is grabbing at straws. I'll watch the next couple of shows, but if it doesn't improve..meh.

The scene with Santana was so raw, it doesn't surprise me what was reported up thread. The scene with Finn's mom was outstanding - she did it so well. Mercedes number was outstanding.

vCash

Glee: Season 5

I don't think jealousy is the issue, I heard Diana and the creator/writers had serious disagreements over the future of Quinn and where the character was going. But regardless, Quinn should had been there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    I don't think jealousy is the issue, I heard Diana and the creator/writers had serious disagreements over the future of Quinn and where the character was going. But regardless, Quinn should had been there.
    See this is where the story stinks; Even if there were serious disagreements over the future of Quinn, she should not have been excluded from the story line.

A real effort to put aside what was disputes over story line would have been - here we know that we don't agree on everything, but we know that you are emotionally involved in this situation so we give you X minutes in the tribute show, then get the hell out of our life. Rather it seems to be bitch, you got something we don't. suck it - we don't think you have the right to grieve. Somehow, I think she is the winner in this situation. I have roles beyond Quinn. You are still Rachel and Kurt and Ryan. We so could have worked together, you chose not to. see ya....!

vCash

The latest I heard is that Diana did not want to be in the tribute episode. I don't have the link but apparently Mark (Puck) didn't want to do the episode either but since he is still under contract with Glee, he had no choice. Diana is not under contract.

vCash
    I don't know about Chris, but I very much doubt Lea and especially Ryan will have no careers beyond Glee. Ryan already a pretty good resume before Glee and he currently has American Horror Story. Lea may or may not have much of a movie career but as soon as she goes on Broadway, people will be linin' up.

vCash
    Whatever the reason was, Quinn was sorely missed by me in this tribute episode... at least she was mentioned in the episode.

It's great that the writers gave all the focus on the original cast with the newbies in the way back, and I'm okay with how they used Rachel and Kurt. Mark Salling really can't act but I understand Puck having a lot of airtime. As for Santana, I find her way overused in this episode and I thought it was really jarring when Kurt decided to give the jacket to her. I love Santana but her character really didn't have that much to do with Finn's development except for being a Mini-Sue to antagonize him.

As for Will taking the jacket and that final scene was heartbreaking... But what was his talk with Puck all about with that semi accusing tone in the choir room if he was the one that stole the jacket??

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Whatever the reason was, Quinn was sorely missed by me in this tribute episode... at least she was mentioned in the episode.

It's great that the writers gave all the focus on the original cast with the newbies in the way back, and I'm okay with how they used Rachel and Kurt. Mark Salling really can't act but I understand Puck having a lot of airtime. As for Santana, I find her way overused in this episode and I thought it was really jarring when Kurt decided to give the jacket to her. I love Santana but her character really didn't have that much to do with Finn's development except for being a Mini-Sue to antagonize him.

As for Will taking the jacket and that final scene was heartbreaking... But what was his talk with Puck all about with that semi accusing tone in the choir room if he was the one that stole the jacket??

I think Santana's reaction to Finn's death was similar to Sue's, lots of regret that they treated him poorly while at McKinley. As for Will, I've been wondering if Will didn't take the jacket, if it was left in the choir room anonymously and Will bought the jacket home and then finally broke down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    I think Santana's reaction to Finn's death was similar to Sue's, lots of regret that they treated him poorly while at McKinley. As for Will, I've been wondering if Will didn't take the jacket, if it was left in the choir room anonymously and Will bought the jacket home and then finally broke down.
    I understand Santana's reaction, it's how much airtime she had in the episode bugged me especially when Kurt gave her the jacket. I have no doubt that if it were up to Finn he would've given the jacket to Puck who was his best friend and his bro, instead of Santana who took his virginity to piss off Rachel. Of course Kurt would never give the jacket to Puck but it made the whole situation about Kurt and who Kurt likes, and not about Finn and what Finn would've prefer. That was my biggest problem with this episode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    I understand Santana's reaction, it's how much airtime she had in the episode bugged me especially when Kurt gave her the jacket. I have no doubt that if it were up to Finn he would've given the jacket to Puck who was his best friend and his bro, instead of Santana who took his virginity to piss off Rachel. Of course Kurt would never give the jacket to Puck but it made the whole situation about Kurt and who Kurt likes, and not about Finn and what Finn would've prefer. That was my biggest problem with this episode.
    I think I agree with you. It was odd how Santana-heavy Finn's tribute episode was. Too bad Quinn wasn't in this episode (for whatever reason) because had Quinn taken some of the Santana scenes, it would've made much more sense, IMO.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I also found Santana's prominence in this episode a little strange at first, but I would guess that at least part of the reason for it is because of how reliable an actor Naya Rivera has proven herself to be. I think her, Chris, and Lea are generally considered the strongest actors out of the younger cast, and with the latter out of the picture for most of the episode Naya is someone that they could have confidence in to do some dramatic heavy-lifting.

I also thought her storyline was actually handled pretty well. I think one of the things they were trying to do was look at the different ways people, especially young people, deal with grief, and Santana's reaction of projecting her guilt onto Sue was quite believable from a character perspective.

vCash
    I don't know why who got the jacket is such a big deal here, but, I will put in my 2 cents.
    His mother should have kept it, but if she didn't want to. Of course it should have gone to his stepbrother.
    I don't feel at all that it should have gone to Puck, It should have stayed in the family.

vCash

If Puck or anyone wanted a remembrance of Finn, I'm sure all they had to do was ask.

vCash
    I would agree. Generally, I think it's tacky for those outside the family to demand stuff of the deceased, even if the deceased and friend were really tight.

At the same time, I don't much care for Santana, so I'll side with Puck just for the thrills of it. Her getting the jacket (even though she and Finn were as close as a Chinese pairs team's side by side spins) doesn't quite annoy me like when she took that Grease role from Tina even though SANTANA IS NO LONGER A STUDENT, but it still annoys.

vCash

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Naya Rivera Fired From Glee, Contract Not Renewed for Season Six

This morning on the radio they were talking about how there were lots of reports of fighting between Rivera and Michele, so I wasn't too shocked to read this article when I checked e-mail. The opening of the article:

Naya Rivera is moving on from Glee. After months of mounting tension—some of it with costar Lea Michele—the actress, 27, has been fired from the FOX musical series, multiple sources confirm to Us Weekly. The New York Daily News, which was first to report the story on Tuesday April 29, writes that Rivera "went off" during a disagreement with the show's producers, and that her contract for season six has not been renewed.
    It always surprises me when someone who is famous for only one thing acts up like this. I like Rivera quite a lot, but I'm wondering what she thinks she has to fall back on. If future producers are now thinking she is problematic, it's possible this is the last we'll ever hear from her...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I used to be such a big Gleek and was obsessed with this show and loved the dynamic of the cast since they all seemed to love each other during the 1st and 2nd season. Stopped watching after the 3rd. I couldn't help being interested with this on going drama/rumors. I've been reading conflicting stories on Twitter about Naya and Glee. Some stories are saying she got fired, while some are saying she didn't then I also read another that said that she was just written off the finale episode. So confusing. Wonder what really happened on the set of Glee.

This story says that her rep has denied the claims that Naya has been fired.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...n-fired-699931

I'm actually wishing for an E! True Hollywood Story about the really happenings on Glee. With Ryan VS Dianna and Lea VS Naya and lots more.

vCash
    I would have ended "Glee" this season with the birth of Schuster's baby. The NY episodes were interesting at first, but now it's like some naive teenager's fantasy of what it's like to run off to New York. All you have to do is wait tables maybe once every other week, attend an occasional class, and go on a few auditions, and pretty soon you will be a star! And you and your friends can actually afford an apartment! Don't worry if you need to go back to your hometown in Ohio on a regular basis-- you can work that into your schedule.

The first seasons of "Glee" presented an exaggerated version of what high school is like, but it was still fairly realistic, especially on an emotional level. But that show has long since jumped the shark. Maybe Naya Rivera simply decided to get out while the gettin' was good? I wouldn't be surprised if she's had other offers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    I would have ended "Glee" this season with the birth of Schuster's baby. The NY episodes were interesting at first, but now it's like some naive teenager's fantasy of what it's like to run off to New York. All you have to do is wait tables maybe once every other week, attend an occasional class, and go on a few auditions, and pretty soon you will be a star! And you and your friends can actually afford an apartment! Don't worry if you need to go back to your hometown in Ohio on a regular basis-- you can work that into your schedule.
    Totally! Complete fantasy.

My one prediction for season 6: Will's ex-wife Teri will show up with a talented singing and dancing toddler, conceived during her tryst with Will a couple seasons ago.

vCash
    It still makes me sad thinking about all the potential that show had. Plus, they really don't know what to do with Will…since season 2. His writing has been awful. I mean he was Emmy nominated for that role once upon a time.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast