View Poll Results: Which dino do you think will win?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sinosauropteryx

3 3.00%
  • Ankylosaurus

2 2.00%
  • Triceratops

9 9.00%
  • Stegosaurus

6 6.00%
  • Brachiosaurus

5 5.00%
  • Tyrannosaurus

12 12.00%
  • Archaeopteryx

13 13.00%
  • Velociraptor

50 50.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash

If the dinosaurs had not died out, who would be the OGM contenders?

With the asteroid (or possibly comet) missing the earth, the dinosaurs are saved. In the ice ages that follow, many creatures learn to skate. Under the ISU's Section 548, dinosaurs compete against Homo sapiens for the OGM. Here are some of the colourful dino-competitors:
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    That depends - was it IJS or 6.0????

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Here are some dinos to look out for:

Sinosauropteryx – Very colourful costumes, sometimes quite garish and outlandish, immediately mark this one out as an OES. With a skull longer than its femur it frequently uses its head to remarkably beautiful effect during spins and the choreographic sequence. Unfortunately it can’t jump to save its life.

Ankylosaurus – With its heavily armoured body it bears a resemblance to Elvis Stojko. The massive tail, however, is often also used as an artistic feature as the dinosaur can whip it around as, for instance, when using flamenco music, or else slowly move it curvaceously about to create a glide that Patrick Chan would be proud of. If skating pairs the tail is occasionally used by the male in death spirals.

Triceratops - Immediately reminiscent of Mao Asada because of the bony frill around its neck, Triceratops has a well-balanced and compact body that enables it to be a very consistent jumper. Many people find its brand of artistry to be the best in the world, but it has yet to win the biggest prize of all.

Stegosaurus – With its all-round ability but unusual posture it reminds some people of Miki Ando. Its distinctive double row of decorative plates seems likely to have been used in battle, particularly with highly aggressive predators such as Morozosaurus.

Brachiosaurus – a vegetarian skater that is very popular around the world. Its graceful long neck allows it to move gently round the rink, making its layback especially stunning. However, its gigantic lower body makes all of its movements slow, and this is especially evident when skating directly before or behind Velociraptor. Never likely to win because its bulk means that its jumps are limited, but it’s nevertheless safe to say that it is always a pleasure to watch.

Tyrannosaurus – a large frame and massive hind limbs never did Tonya Harding any harm. Entering competitions as the reigning OGM gives it huge confidence, while its most powerful weapons are its 4T and its rows of terrifying teeth, the latter almost matching Caydee Denney. Don’t mess with this one. However, as some fans have pointed out, the male is quite useless in pairs, the weak and tiny forelimbs making him completely unable either to throw or lift his partner.

Archaeopteryx – much admired for its artistry and ability to glide around the ice in a manner some commentators have described as “floating”. This also gives it great height on its jumps, which are generally landed with aplomb. Its sharp teeth and claws make it fiercely competitive, not a dino that is likely to be fazed by the Olympic pressure. Its glorious spread wings during flight are reminiscent of Sasha Cohen, while the pairs teams time their side-by-side jumps and throws to perfection and rarely miss.

Velociraptor – Its skull is uniquely up-curved, giving the carriage of the head a proud magnificence and the ability to make unusual programmes work to exquisite effect. It has evolved enlarged sickle-shaped claws on the hind feet, which are an innovation that is much more efficient than the conventional toepick. Its speed around the rink and razor sharp teeth makes it a formidable competitor, even when the prey is relatively small. Judges tend to go crazy with the GOE as it has been known to eat them when defeated.
    Last edited by orientalplane; 04-09-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    IJS = International Jurassic Scoring

vCash
    I voted for Veloceraptor. They are very fast, and we know fast skating is rewarded under COP. They're also quite agile and relatively thin, for a dinosaur, which should help with rotation in the air.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    I like the smaller and cute one that killed that really ugly fat jerk on Jurassic Park. They seem so sweet then they turn on you, or maybe it just turned on him since he was such a big meanie. I dont know what kind those are though.

vCash
    Compsognathus. I find their small frame makes them skate more juniorish than other dinosaurs.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    OMG. I love FSU. Off to do some research on dinosaurs so as to answer this question intelligently.

vCash
    Is there a Chanosaurus? If so, all other dinosaurs might as well go find a tar pond to fall into.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Archaeopteryx: The Kwan of figure skating.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    This one's a tough one to call since figures were 80% of the total score during peak-prehistoric-period era...(8 figures? yikes)

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Barney
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Archaeopteryx: The Kwan of figure skating.
    Yes, it was my thought, too. But I voted to Velociraptor.

vCash
    I had to go with Velociraptor. Speed, grace, elegance, and can think fast. If it gets itself in trouble it can make the necessary adjustments and still win the whole thing.

vCash
    I'll go with T-Rex, since all it has to do is chow down an every other competitor during the warm-up. *gulp* And if that fails, it can devour the judges. Survival of the fittest, y'know.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    6.0 Figures and Freeskate, Tyrannosaurus.

6.0 Figures, Short Program, and Freeskate, Velociraptor.

6.0 Short Program and Freeskate, Sinosauropteryx.

IJS Short Program and Long Program, Archaeopteryx.

I live in the now, so I voted Archaeopteryx

vCash
    I vote for the Plushenkosaurus.

vCash
    i'll have to think about it before coming to a proper conclusion, but I have to say that ankylosaurus is obviously a late-cretaceous period tonya harding, especially with that convenient club built into its tail!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Under the ISU's Section 548, dinosaurs compete against Homo sapiens for the OGM.
    If the events are mixed species, why wouldn't a Homo sapiens win?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I like the smaller and cute one that killed that really ugly fat jerk on Jurassic Park. They seem so sweet then they turn on you, or maybe it just turned on him since he was such a big meanie. I dont know what kind those are though.
    "The beautiful (but deadly) dilophosaurus."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast