View Poll Results: Who will be the US World team next season?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Max Aaron

48 71.64%
  • Jason Brown

64 95.52%
  • Nathan Chen

13 19.40%
  • Adam Rippon

17 25.37%
  • Richard Dornbush

11 16.42%
  • Doug Razzano

3 4.48%
  • Josh Farris

31 46.27%
  • Ross Miner

6 8.96%
  • Tim Dolensky

1 1.49%
  • Keegan Messing

0 0%
  • Brandon Mroz

0 0%
  • Grant Hochstein

1 1.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

US Men 3 spots Next Year Celebration Poll

Who will be the 3 US guys next year?

vCash
    1. Jason Brown
    2. Jason Brown
    3. Jason Brown

LOL, he's just so exciting to watch! Also, he seems like he has the most potential (imho) to be one of the top skaters next year

vCash
    Brown, Aaron, Farris.

vCash
    Is Nathan Chen going to skate as a Senior next year at Nationals? I think within two years he will make a World team he's that talented. Farris is the most well rounded skater but needs to be more aggressive and be a tougher competitor.
    Last edited by Jammers; 03-28-2014 at 03:05 PM.

vCash
    Is Mroz still competing? (I hope so)

vCash
    I want the trio of Jason, Max, and Josh to dominate next years worlds. Maybe.

vCash
    It is hard to believe Rippon isn't getting more love here. He was actually our highest finisher in the GP last fall. I guess a skater has only so many chances between exciting newcomer and the stage where we're bored or even annoyed with him and wondering why he is still around. (I think I passed that point with Abbott at least 3 years ago.)

It has been 5 years now since Rippon's World Junior title. He will be 25 this fall and still has no reliable quad and an iffy 3 axel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    It is hard to believe Rippon isn't getting more love here. He was actually our highest finisher in the GP last fall.
    Well, he won the pre-U.S. Nationals poll here... a lot of good that did him!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    It is hard to believe Rippon isn't getting more love here. He was actually our highest finisher in the GP last fall. I guess a skater has only so many chances between exciting newcomer and the stage where we're bored or even annoyed with him and wondering why he is still around. (I think I passed that point with Abbott at least 3 years ago.)

It has been 5 years now since Rippon's World Junior title. He will be 25 this fall and still has no reliable quad and an iffy 3 axel.
    I voted for him. Cant help hoping such a beautiful skater will get it done at last. US men have no clear leader right now. There is room for him to step up. But I know the likelihood is not great.

vCash
    Hopefully Jason will be on that team. I'm hoping Adam and Nathan will be there too but probably Max will take one of the spots - which is fine.

vCash
    Oh man, I forgot about Adam. We need a fourth spot.

vCash

You summed up peoples feelings towards Rippon now well. People dont see much reason to hold out hope for him at this point.

I wish Abbott would continue. I see improvement in his skating and mental strength still. I think he could win a world medal if he goes on.

vCash
    Dornbush is going to school full time now. Hasnt he retired.

vCash
    Why is Abbott not on this poll? If there's one thing you should have learned by now it's that these skaters with unfinished business do not go quietly. Even Rachael Flatt came back for 2014. I would be thrilled if Jeremy wanted to give it one more year. I am still appalled by all the people who said he should retire after 2013. His skating is beautiful whether or not he's a good competitor. You know he will be missed by audiences.

vCash
    I am loving the confidence our poll participants have in Jason. I believe he will deliver. Excited to see him in Stars on Ice and very excited to find out what his new programs will be.

vCash
    I find Jason overhyped. I would rather a world team of some combination of Abbott (if he changes his mind and continues, Aaron, Dornbush (if he continues), Farris, next year. If neither Abbott or Dornbush are there then I guess Brown is fine for the other spot as Miner and Rippon are hopeless at this stage.

vCash
    Jason (at this point) is very over-hyped. When he gets a solid 3A and is at least competing a quad, we'll see. I'd go with Aaron, Farris and Rippon/ (Dornbush if he hasn't retired)

Abbott will retire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysunnystars View Post
    1. Jason Brown
    2. Jason Brown
    3. Jason Brown
    In this case, USA does not need the 3 places!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    For me, Jason isn't because he is guaranteed to deliver results, it's because his programs are entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

vCash
    Brown and Aaron and probably Farris, but maybe Dornbush.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast