View Poll Results: Who will win the Ice Dance bronze medal at the Sochi Olympics?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev

61 28.11%
  • Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte

23 10.60%
  • Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje

58 26.73%
  • Nathalie Péchalat / Fabian Bourzat

37 17.05%
  • Madison Chock / Evan Bates

15 6.91%
  • Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani

4 1.84%
  • Elena Ilinykh / Nikita Katsalapov

13 5.99%
  • Other

6 2.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Who will win the Ice Dance bronze medal at the Sochi Olympics?

Recent blog article by Kaitlyn Weaver for CBC Sports. Reads:-

"This first competition will help prepare us for the larger and more important ones ahead, but that doesn't make it even a fraction less important. Each day, event, and experience in the next five months it is imperative for us to build the best path possible to Sochi. Sure, we'll encounter speed bumps, detours (obviously of the scenic variety), speedy straightaways, and a few pit stops, but Andrew and I are ready to start. Countless times we've made the seemingly impossible possible, and that is priceless in times like these.

I can feel the butterflies fluttering in my stomach now, on the eve of this season, ready to soar."
    In their season debut (the first competition referred to above - the U.S. International Figure Skating Classic in Salt Lake City), Weaver/Poje went on to finish 2nd (with a score of 161.99) behind Davis/White.

Unless Davis & White and/or Virtue & Moir suffer a disaster, they will more than likely take the gold and silver medals at the Olympics (in either order). However, the battle for the bronze will be tight and I think at least 7 couples, including Weaver/Poje, have a chance of winning it. So, if hypothetically Davis & White and Virtue and Moir win the gold and silver (in either order) as expected, who will win the bronze?
    Last edited by Maofan7; 09-26-2013 at 02:03 AM.

vCash
    I voted for Andrew and Kaitlyn. I realize this may be a pipe dream, but I love their optimism and graceful, elegant lines.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    I went with Bobrova/Soloviev since the O's is in Sochi. But I also believe they deserved the bronze at last years Worlds. This team really grew on me...but I enjoy all the dance teams.

vCash
    I went with Bobrova-Soloviev also. Home ice advantage, and more experience than I&K

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    I went with Bobrova/Soloviev since the O's is in Sochi. But I also believe they deserved the bronze at last years Worlds. This team really grew on me...but I enjoy all the dance teams.
    I feel the same way, AliasJohnDoe. I love so many teams right now, and B&S have grown on this I&K uber. Part of me would love to see either of these two teams take bronze at home, but I still see P&B as the strongest European team, and i would love to see them end their career with an Olympic medal. I looooove their skating technique and their ability to really dance. Please, please let them have a healthy season.

vCash
    I'm actually really excited about it, because I think it could go to any one of these teams! I voted I/K because I love them, and their programs look very promising this year (too early to tell, I know!) B/S don't really do much for me - I neither like nor dislike them. Glad they've changed that SD though! C/L are my second faves from your list. But really, I hope P/B come back strong and win it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    I'm actually really excited about it, because I think it could go to any one of these teams! I voted I/K because I love them, and their programs look very promising this year (too early to tell, I know!) B/S don't really do much for me - I neither like nor dislike them. Glad they've changed that SD though! C/L are my second faves from your list. But really, I hope P/B come back strong and win it!
    I feel the same. I really would love to like B/S but they just don't do it for me either
    They are just not exciting and their dances look all the same every year .
    I'm hoping P/B win bronze but having not seen their programmes yet it's hard to see what shape they're in .
    Seeing I/K YT their programmes look very interesting indeed

vCash
    Bobrova & Soloviev 50%
    Weaver & Poje 20%
    Chock & Bates 10%
    Capellina & Lanotte 15%
    Pechalat & Bourzat 4%
    All others combined 1%

Naturally I voted B&S.

vCash
    P/b if healthy but looking more like a Canada/us sweep every day!

vCash
    I would LIKE to see P/B win the bronze since they're the oldest of these teams and they have been at world and European top for a while now. My second choice would be W/P. I would also like to see C/L do well, but I don't think they really have a shot at a medal.

However, I think B/S have the biggest chance since they're Russian. It's really sad these things still matter in figure skating, but we all know they do. Just like D/S were pushed to the bronze four years ago, B/S will be pushed to the bronze this time, unless they really mess up.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    However, I think B/S have the biggest chance since they're Russian. It's really sad these things still matter in figure skating, but we all know they do. Just like D/S were pushed to the bronze four years ago, B/S will be pushed to the bronze this time, unless they really mess up.

The cynic in me thinks that if B/S mess up, I/K will be right on their heels for that bronze.
    I do like both teams though. And I like all the rest on the list too.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I think the poll results about sum up the teams chances. Weaver & Poje and Bobrova & Soloviev with the best chances by far and little Italians, French, and Chock & Bates very outside shots at the bronze. Why are the Shibutanis even on the poll, and with 4 votes no less, hehe. They will be lucky to even make the U.S Olympic team, never mind get a medal.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I voted for B/S, pretty obvious why. But I hope that either The Baby Italians or W/P make the podium.

vCash
    Why do so many people call Anna & Luca things like baby Italians or little Italians. Arent they both close to 30 and they have been competing Senior since before the 2006 Olympics.

I also hope the Italians or Weaver & Poje get the bronze. Unfortunately I think B&S will have to make a major mistake (which they can make) for that to happen. Not that I have a problem per say with B&S. They are a quality team and deserved their World medal last year. They simply dont do much for me for whatever reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Why do so many people call Anna & Luca things like baby Italians or little Italians. Arent they both close to 30 and they have been competing Senior since before the 2006 Olympics.

I also hope the Italians or Weaver & Poje get the bronze. Unfortunately I think B&S will have to make a major mistake (which they can make) for that to happen. Not that I have a problem per say with B&S. They are a quality team and deserved their World medal last year. They simply dont do much for me for whatever reason.
    You know they C/L were in the shadow of F/S for so long and then even in 2006 F-P/M came back and overshadowed F/S who overshadowed C/L! They've been around so long but for many years second team.

Then you have people saying B/S can only win a medal because of corrupt home cooking judging and that's just a huge waste of a medal and spot and makes anything they do meaningless and scores suspect and I would personally almost prefer no Russian team to medal so you don't get all the " Ice dance is so corrupt Russians medaled posts!!!"

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by itoaxel View Post
    I think the poll results about sum up the teams chances. Weaver & Poje and Bobrova & Soloviev with the best chances by far and little Italians, French, and Chock & Bates very outside shots at the bronze. Why are the Shibutanis even on the poll, and with 4 votes no less, hehe. They will be lucky to even make the U.S Olympic team, never mind get a medal.
    Maybe you forgot the Shibutani's won the World bronze medal in 2011. A higher placement/achievement than most on the list.

vCash
    P/B or B/S, but I'm hoping P/B. They only got 6th at last year's worlds due to injury so people shouldn't be counting them out. I don't think it'll be any of the others on that list, unless Chock/Bates pull a surprise, but somehow I can't see NO European team on the podium.

Blergh
    vCash
    Right. The Shibutanis enjoyed some success after that bronze as well until 2012 Four Continents. It seems like they went a little out-of-whack since then and haven't been able to consistently perform to the level to receive the high TES they used to enjoy.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Why do Weaver and Poje have the most votes ???

Still shocked to see the little amount for votes for Pechalat & Bourzat. They had a bad skate and one competition and suddenly people think they are below W/P

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Why do Weaver and Poje have the most votes ???

Still shocked to see the little amount for votes for Pechalat & Bourzat. They had a bad skate and one competition and suddenly people think they are below W/P
    Yes I can't wait to see Master's competition
    Remember P/B were at the top of their game before the injury so I'm not counting them out .They have had a run of bad luck with Nathalie's nose injury Fabian's injury and then the coaching change
    I'm really interested to see them under Igor .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast