Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Haven't commented on the first ep as I was so disappointed by it but didn't want to bring the conversation down. But seeing several previews for Sunday, it looks like they are going with Aiden teaming with Victoria against Emily - please tell me that's fancy editing and he's really just trying to get close to Victoria to help Emily? Because otherwise they are messing with Aiden's character AGAIN and I don't like it! I was also hopeful that while Victoria and Emily may never be friends, they had reached a point of mutual respect and understanding, if not actually friendship.
    Mutual respect and understanding?! Well I think they understand that they're cut from the same cloth, aka both bent on revenge for something. Respect? Not so sure. How can you respect someone you're hell bent on destroying?

I suspect, having read something the writers said, that they ARE messing with Aiden's character again and I'm not a fan of that. I could justify it in some way if it turns out to be the case though. Emily chose Daniel and her life of revenge over him...and then Daniel shot him. I doubt he'll be against her forever (if he is at all). I really hope not, anyway!

Aiden and Jack are Emily's two loves - the man who understands her and the man who understands her past. I personally hate her with Jack, who's just a drip and a bore. I mean seriously - he's so into Amanda Clarke that he'll fall for anyone claiming to be her?

I actually really enjoyed the first ep, but I also liked season 2 which many people hated. I just don't see how they can extend it out for more seasons...if the timeline is currently 2 months for Ems to get her revenge, get shot in a wedding dress and fall bleeding into the ocean... (Amanda all over again?!).
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    I enjoyed last night's episode much more than the first, and wonder where this will take us. Will Emily become the only non-revenger (besides Nolan) in the group?

vCash
    I don't get why Aiden is being like this. I was so sure he was still on Emily's side, but he is giving Victoria too much information! I don't like it!

Bitchy Charlotte is even more annoying than whiney Charlotte.

And where was the scene with Nolan in his captain's uniform? x1000000
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    On the good side:

"Who's next to be caught with red on their face?"

And Nolan's confusion when Victoria brought him his own muffins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    I enjoyed last night's episode much more than the first, and wonder where this will take us. Will Emily become the only non-revenger (besides Nolan) in the group?
    I too enjoyed this episode more than the premier. I thought the conversation between Emily and Conrad was especially effective.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I don't get why Aiden is being like this. I was so sure he was still on Emily's side, but he is giving Victoria too much information! I don't like it!
    I think it's exactly as he said. He feels immensely betrayed because Ems pushed him out after he helped steal the Grayson fortune. Now, he did massively eff up his role and she had reason to, but obviously he's had a case of delayed rage since Daniel shot him...

Does Emily even know that Daniel shot him?!

vCash
    Much, much better episode. Revengines started
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Aidan's thinking will be better understood once we know what happened during his fight with Daniel and the intervening two months. I am not Aidan's biggest fan (even though he is hot), but for now I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

That said, Aidan still doesn't fully support all of Emily's actions. I totally understand his reservation--and Nolan's and Jack's. But this show is called "Revenge." I wish there was *someone* who was fully on board Emily's machinations to enact revenge on everybody.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    margaux is so meh
    i keep waiting for someone to out her as being from milwaukee
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    That was such a episode!!!

Best moments:

Nolan's swans
    Aidan telling Victoria he was completely wrong about Emily - we were laughing and cheering at that!
    Wussy Jack actually making a joke (inseam)
    Daniel getting caught out about also keeping a secret about Aiden
    The chemistry between Nolan and Patrick

but my overall favourite:
    Nolan's mugshot t shirt!!!
    Last edited by miffy; 10-14-2013 at 07:02 PM.

vCash
    Infinitely better episode!! And you just knew the priest was going to have to, um, spoiler tag, after he said what he said.

What was Emily drawing in the 2nd to last scene?

vCash
    Ok so first I was thinking how nice it was to see Ems, Nolan and Aiden all hanging out working together again. But then Aiden goes and spoils it by framing Jack? WTF? What has Jack done to him? OK he might be wet and annoying (and suddenly have had a very odd change of heart about the whole Revenge thing, what did I miss?) but surely he has been through enough?!

I might have replayed the Nolan/Patrick kiss scene several times.

vCash
    LOL, miffy. I'm dying to hear what the ex-wife had to say.

Emily still has feelings for Jack, that's what Jack's done to Aiden.

I bet it was Aiden, though, who tampered with the brakes, at Victoria's suggestion.

vCash
    Given the promo and how shocked Conrad looked...I'm going with either Daniel or Charlotte. More likely Charlotte. But then...why did Victoria tell him that if he got in the car it would be the last thing he'd ever do?

I've only just caught up because I'm travelling and wifi has been rather patchy. I'm glad Aiden is on Emily's side after all, for now at least. And yes, Emily has feelings for both Jack and Aiden, and I think Aiden is jealous.

I really want to know who shoots Emily after the wedding, because at the moment it could be anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I really want to know who shoots Emily after the wedding, because at the moment it could be anyone.
    I hope it's the groom. More fun that way.

vCash
    I'm thinking it's someone she really cares about because when she says she is sorry it looks like she means it.

Maybe Charlotte??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I hope it's the groom. More fun that way.
    And he does have a record I wonder if they'll get to actually tying the knot?

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I'm thinking it's someone she really cares about because when she says she is sorry it looks like she means it.

Maybe Charlotte??
    Maybe. Or Jack? Nolan would be a big spanner in the works

vCash
    It is interesting that no one is succumbing to Emily's charms. Everyones dislikes her or at the least frustrated with her--except for maybe Conrad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    It is interesting that no one is succumbing to Emily's charms. Everyones dislikes her or at the least frustrated with her--except for maybe Conrad.
    Well I find Emily hard to like. She's extremely self righteous. I think the hardest thing for me to accept is her using Daniel. Now, yes Daniel knows the truth and so I guess is an accomplice after the fact to what went down.

But in the beginning, Daniel was completely innocent to what went down with her father. Was he perfect, no but he was trying to get his life a bit straight. I find going after someone's child for your revenge plot, to be pretty darn cold.

She's far more like Victoria and company then she thinks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    But in the beginning, Daniel was completely innocent to what went down with her father. Was he perfect, no but he was trying to get his life a bit straight. I find going after someone's child for your revenge plot, to be pretty darn cold.
    In the beginning though, Emily wasn't after Daniel. She actually had quite complicated feelings towards him in the first series. She was the one who encouraged him to set things right with his ex-girlfriend who was hurt in the DUI, which I took to be a test to see if he was like his parents or not. He wasn't. She wanted to separate Victoria from her children.

At the end of series one when Daniel found out about his parents and what they'd done, he had an opportunity to publicly distance himself from them, but instead he publicly supported them. That's when Emily broke up with him (and the whole snogging Jack thing ). Daniel had his chance and let her down.

Emily has always been unlikeable, but I find it interesting that everyone is seeing that now. I agree she's more like Victoria than she'd like, but the big difference is that Emily didn't do what Victoria did...and Victoria is still making life miserable and not repenting for her sins.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast