vCash

Does anyone still watch Dance Moms?

I'll admit, Dance Moms has been one of my guilty pleasures the past few years and still is. Abby's a beyotch, but I do like her.

I do think the show's become a bit stale lately. Anyone here still watching?
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    You betcha. I'm a total addict. Abby may be a beyotch, but most of the moms are even worse. Holly may be the only half-decent role model there.

vCash
    As crazy as Abby is, the moms have all put their daughters in harm's way.

vCash
    I still watch. God only knows why because I don't know why I do.
    The moms are crazy, well maybe not Holly. Abby is crazy. But the girls are really sweet and support each other.

vCash
    So embarrassed to say I still watch. I think Abby has toned it down in the last few weeks. The moms are totally crazy. 8 love watching the kids.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Glad I'm not the only one.

For the record, I don't think Abby's all that bad (I had much nastier music and skating coaches). I don't miss Kelly and her girls, nor will I miss Christi when she leaves (I guess this is her last season?), even if Chloe is a sweet kid.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    I love the show. I've been watching it from Day 1. I've watched all the spinoffs. I look on Facebook on their page and see how insane people are and get a good laugh.

I watch it because I love seeing talented young ladies dance and grow and deveop as dancers. But I can't stand Abby's attitude, Cathy or drunken moms.

My biggest complaint is that the show has gotten incredibly scripted. During one "fight," the moms were trying not to snigger, didn't look angry at all.

I love Kim of Queens. Abby should watch a few episodes to see how you can be stern and ride a horse without breaking it.

vCash
    I still watch it, it's such a guilty pleasure show for me! We're a few seasons behind here so I download it from the States - makes it easier to forward through the moms fighting and arguing and watch the dancing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one.

For the record, I don't think Abby's all that bad (I had much nastier music and skating coaches). I don't miss Kelly and her girls, nor will I miss Christi when she leaves (I guess this is her last season?), even if Chloe is a sweet kid.
    Does she miss Kelly that much? Where did you hear this?
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I caught a couple of episodes about two weeks ago. It was the first time I actually saw the show. I can say this much about the two episodes I watched. It was like watching a cat fight between all those dance moms. It was pretty entertaining. I'll probably watch the show again sometimes.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Love it. Guilty pleasure for me, too. I DVR it and watch later, so I'm about five episodes behind, but I feel like the producers may be setting Abby up for a fall. Can't imagine, contractually, how that could be, but the edits are showing her to be crazier than the moms these days, and it didn't used to be like that.

vCash

vCash
    double post

vCash
    I watch it. I never tell anyone I do. Chloe has my heart. You can see her soul when she dances. A lot of talent within those girls. I generally fast forward through the moms....they are coo.coo.
    I am also sure it is skillfully edited to get the effect the want. Madden has turned into quite the performer
    DH - and that's just my opinion

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    I read what the story is about - apparently Sia's childhood with abusive alcoholic parents.. I think its a great song and I really enjoyed the performance by the dancer.. I have watched dance mom's when I've been clicking about but can't stand the dance teacher abby she's a bully.. I also prefer the dancer chloe when I saw their performances.. show's like that are exploitive but I'm just as guilty in sometimes watching it - bit like watching a car crash.. can't look away!
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I don't know, maybe it's the point, but it looks like a gymnast having a spastic fit. At least it's not Maddie's rictus-like performance grin.

I've always thought Chloe had a lot more potential than "Abby" (or quite possibly more likely the producers) let show. I like her lines better and she already a sense of balance and timing. Too bad there doesn't seem to be much follow-up on the Joffrey thing. I was not at all surprised she won that over Maddie.

vCash
    the video has been taken down. I wonder why. I wanted to see it.

vCash
    My sister and her kids got me hooked on "Dance Moms." I'm not sure about the direction the show is taking lately, with the addition of the second dance team. And while Kelly is nuts, I do miss Paige and Brooke.