Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

vCash
    Beautiful Mao - have a great skate!
    pug lover

vCash
    I love the all lavender costume too , so fitting for Nocturne. Holding my breath and wishing for a great program from Mao. Can't wait to watch it tonight.

vCash
    Well that was depressing.

vCash
    Heartbroken. She was never my favorite skater but the way her life's gone since 2010 is just... Jesus

She's still such a beautiful, talented skater. Poor girl.

vCash
    My heart is breaking for Mao. I wanted this for her so much.

I will be cheering her on 100% tomorrow.

vCash
    I was so sure that Mao would land the 3A, then skate clean and beautifully and move into 1st place! I never expected this. I can't imagine what she must be going through in her mind. She worked hard for 4 years, dealt with the biggest tragedy in her life, and she was looking so strong in practices. It's heartbreaking.

(((Mao))) I hope you feel better and skate a truly great and beautiful LP tomorrow.

vCash
    oh mao =0( It doesn't matter. Your skating is still inspiring to me. I hope you can give your best performance tomorrow and leave the ice proud.

vCash
    Poor Mao. She must be devastated. I'm heartbroken too

vCash
    Crushed for Mao.

Still hoping against hope she could pull a bronze medal.

vCash
    She cannot win a medal; she is 20 points behind the top 3. Even a clean skate by her and flawed skates by all those above her will not be enough for a bronze. At this point she just needs to skate for herself, and the audience. Forget about the medals. She is a lovely skater, with or without medals.

vCash
    Yeah, she would need more than a few meltdowns and a couple of withdraws to make it on the podium.

I will be hoping she can go out and just skate for herself, her fans, her mother etc, and just do the best she can in the LP.

I am proud of her no matter what.

vCash
    ((((Mao))))

Just before leaving the board to start her skating, she said "rotating fully". Reading her lips, I was a bit afraid of her being too conscious about jumps.

She has one more chance in this Olympics. Best wishes for her. Hope she says "I love skating" to Mr. Sato before starting her long program. Love you, Mao. (((HUGS)))

vCash
    Oh Mao... how awful she must feel. I hope she turns in a beautiful program tomorrow and skates lights out, just to prove to everyone, once again, that she is absolutely wonderful. Go for it, Mao!! There is nothing to lose now.

vCash
    So sad to see her so far down, it's like she wasn't in the moment after the missed 3A. If only she had got the combination in, she'd be in better shape. I hope she skates for herself, and skates free. I think her consistency was better when she had one 3A and a 3-3. Still, I love her and I could watch her over and over. She'll always be one of the bests. My sister calls her "WOW Asada"

vCash
    Regardless of what happens tomorrow, Mao is going to have a great pro career in Japan.

vCash
    Words fail me. She deserves an OGM for her beauty, her technical ability, sometimes it's just flat out not fair. Nobody in the entire World sees her as the 16th best skater and recognize she's a legendary champion, I hope she knows that.

vCash
    I feel so bad for Mao. However, nothing can take away from the fact that she's one of the greats. Such a beautiful artist.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Heartbreak, total heartbreak. Hugs to Mao.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    She looked sooo nervous before the performance. She still has my favorite program of the season. I can't believe she and Akiko are in 16th and 8th. They've both been through so much. I hope they can go out there tomorrow and enjoy their performances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    She looked sooo nervous before the performance. She still has my favorite program of the season. I can't believe she and Akiko are in 16th and 8th. They've both been through so much. I hope they can go out there tomorrow and enjoy their performances.
    I was in the arena and falling on that axel really took a lot out of her. Sigh. I really wanted her to win gold here. It isn't happening barring some major disaster from the ladies.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast