Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    Wasn't that comp in JAPAN? She won't get away with that here.
    Yes, and she may have gotten some home ice advantage, like Hanyu did too. Most skaters do better on home ice and get judged a little more leniently when skating at home. However, IIRC her LP mistakes at the GPF were not major, and in the LP there is more room to make up for those lost points. In the SP there is less of that, and a fall and a downgrade on a jump is unfortunate. I would rather see her two foot the jump and save it, but may be she will actually land it clean.

vCash
    Lysacheck praised Mao's footwork, "transitions, edges, speed, multi-directional movement; she has all of that stuff."
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/02/12/67585378
    "Mao [Asada] looks insane. She's so good -- strength and jumps, of course, but also the complexity of her programs. I noticed in particular she is never on two feet; she is always on one foot, which is what judges look for in the components. They look for so much: transitions, edges, speed, multi-directional movement; she has all of that stuff."

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Mao!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I hope the judges will give her due credit when they give the PCS marks.

Here is a link to Mao's practice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahgjq...IVofNFGx27L3H5

She landed a clean 3A and all other jumps looked good too. She looks strong physically.

vCash
    I am both worried and very happy about her SP draw. I really do think the judges will reward her with 1st place if she's clean, but she has 5 skaters to sit through (better not 5 LPs though). I'm really worried about her nerves and her ability to attack as much as she will need to. I've never seen her look so beautiful on the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Lysacheck praised Mao's footwork, "transitions, edges, speed, multi-directional movement; she has all of that stuff."
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/02/12/67585378
    I do think of the Big Three, Mao has the best/most transitions and in between steps throughout her program yet she is always below both Yu-Na and Carolina in that mark despite the fact the two them skate on two feet a lot more than Mao does. Both are faster than Mao but that's because they do a lot of uninterrupted crossovers to get speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I do think of the Big Three, Mao has the best/most transitions and in between steps throughout her program yet she is always below both Yu-Na and Carolina in that mark despite the fact the two them skate on two feet a lot more than Mao does. Both are faster than Mao but that's because they do a lot of uninterrupted crossovers to get speed.
    PCS has a lot to do with reputation. If Carolina were a little more consistent, she would be getting higher PCS than Yuna.

vCash
    Hope you can pull off your 3A and be on the podium at Olympics!

vCash
    I saw Mao today! I got her autograph! But she was with Akiko and Kanako and I didn't ask for their autographs... (I'm running out of pages in my autograph book).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    I saw Mao today! I got her autograph! But she was with Akiko and Kanako and I didn't ask for their autographs... (I'm running out of pages in my autograph book).
    You're so lucky!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Beautiful! Really cool workout clothes too.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    lurve her workout clothes-very fashionable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    You're so lucky!
    Lol Mao's autograph is a bunch of scribbles.

Also, I saw a bunch of the men going into the practice rink yesterday in normal clothes without skates (ie Florent, Kevin, Javier). I guess they just wanted to watch the ladies? Is this normal?

vCash
    I happen to stumble onto this and am so delighted to see Mao getting the recognition she so well deserves. Not sure if it's been posted anywhere I just thought I'd share. She looks absolutely beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XBl-...layer_embedded

vCash
    For the love of god you're the best skater here Mao just land those effing jumps already!!! Hit! Win! You can doo et!

No clue what to expect.

vCash
    Love the airplane!!!

Those pix are beautiful. Mao looks like she is in a trance, blocking out everything around her. I hope she can skate in that same trance-like state today! Go, mighty Mao!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    such a shame, mao is leaving this sport
    Not to get your hopes up, but:

Quote Originally Posted by linglang @maoasadaforum.com
    I read a news article pasted on twitter about a week ago or so. IIRC, it said something like: it was last fall when Mao was at her rink and putting her skates on, she said quietly "Will I be doing training like now around this time next year?" Then, Kumiko-sensei said to her "Take a break for a year or two and come back!"
    And, from the pre-competition post conference a few days ago:
    Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil
    Mao Asada: "I don't want to say this is my final competition. I don't want to regret it later."
    In addition to the above, Mao was quite secretive about her future plans in a recent interview conducted by her sister, and when she was asked (by an American journalist) whether she plans to compete at Olympics 2018, she laughed and said that she'll be "just 27, so who knows?". So I think there's a ~sliver~ of chance that Mao might be leaving her options open. *crosses fingers*

vCash
    Mao

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast