Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

vCash
    re floskate: If possible, your new video at the very end of her career would be very much appreciated. I'm a big fan of yours.

This slide show made me into tears, especially her face and own words in the last part are so bitter and sweet.
    http://www.asahi.com/olympics/sochi2.../index_en.html

vCash
    ^ seconded.

Vacant
    vCash
    rosewood - I do have a Mao montage in the works. I started it in 2011 and still haven't finished it but, after Sochi I revisited it and have changed it around a little. I'm hanging on for Worlds and, hopefully some really beautiful moments before I complete it. It will be the story of her struggle between Vancouver & Sochi

vCash
    Today's practice video, including 3F-3Lo and 3A. Hope she'll skate relaxed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyG7Sgzi9y0

vCash
    I hope Mao never retires, but I am sure when she does she will make the best of all her new missions and goals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Today's practice video, including 3F-3Lo and 3A. Hope she'll skate relaxed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyG7Sgzi9y0
    It's always interesting how Mao's 3 axel in practice is fully rotated and clean compared to the one she does in competition.

vCash
    Mao, what you did at Sochi already made you a heroine for the ages, but I wish you a stellar Worlds! May you have the skates of your dreams!

I do hope she wears that stunning "blue Firebird" costume again. It is now iconic.

Vacant
    vCash
    I hope she can compete as relaxed as she practices for once. She has nothing left to prove to anyone, least of all herself. Isn't the 'blue Firebird' dress based on a Japanese flower that was a favourite of her Mother's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I hope she can compete as relaxed as she practices for once. She has nothing left to prove to anyone, least of all herself. Isn't the 'blue Firebird' dress based on a Japanese flower that was a favourite of her Mother's?
    That is so touching. Every time it think about this I cry. Mao is the only one who brings the The Iron Lady to tears.

vCash
    I am rooting for her to win this world title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    That is so touching. Every time it think about this I cry. Mao is the only one who brings the The Iron Lady to tears.
    So if Mao wins a 3rd WC this week might you soon be known as the "Rusty Lady"?

I think it will happen so be sure to keep an oil can close by.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    It's always interesting how Mao's 3 axel in practice is fully rotated and clean compared to the one she does in competition.
    here's another practice clip of her short http://youtu.be/kKvsxHR5AGI

vCash
    I think for old time's sake Mai needs to come sit with her in the kiss-n-cry. That would be so sweet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    I think for old time's sake Mai needs to come sit with her in the kiss-n-cry. That would be so sweet.
    It would!

Mao is looking good.

vCash
    I came across this video yesterday and deeply moved by Mai's words. (Maybe this interview was done hours after the ladies free skating in Olys.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoSTXwf_Fuw

5:00
    MC: We cried.
    Mai: Well, in the short program she placed very low. As an older sister I trembled thinking "Oh, is she OK?"...(chocked with tears)...well, I think she truly did her best (in the long program).
    MC: Sanmiya-san, you rooted for her counting the numbers of her jumps.
    Sanmiya: Well, I suppose Mai as an older sister has got over many things together with Mao, so I understand the meaning of her tears, my eyes are full of tears watching Mao too, maybe it is not only me but many people who shed tears for her.
    MC: How hard it was for her to leave feelings behind after the short program.
    Mai: Well, after the short program her face showed how badly she lost her confidence. Honestly speaking, I was wondering like "Can she complete her long program?" or "Is it possible for her to skate?" My heart was filled with such thoughts.
    MC: I heard you made a call.
    Mai: Well, seeing her morning practice before the long program, her face was just the same as it was after finishing the short program. I fell anxious and I made a call. She was really dispirited. I didn't know what to say.
    MC: Then what did you say?
    Mai:: Although I wanted to say "You are OK", I told her off instead since I thought it would bring her to her senses.
    MC: You told her off since you wanted her to come to her senses?
    Mai: Since I believed people around her had told her "You are OK, you are OK". I thought she needed something beyond the supportive words. Since I'm a family member...(chocked with tears)
    Female MC: That's the older sister should be.
    MC: So you knew her mind and the situation very well and gave those words.
    Female MC: What did you think of Mao's facial expressions or words after finishing her long program?
    Mai: Of course she had been aiming at OGM and worked very hard since Vancouver Olympics. Even though she ended up with no medal, I believe she gave special feelings such as happiness and inspirations to people all over the world by doing her best all through her long program.
    Female MC: So older sister's words brought her to her senses, right?
    Mai: If so, I'm glad but well no one knows. She was supported by her trainer, manager, Mr and Ms Sato and many other people. In Sochi Olympics I could see the strength and weakness inside of herself .
    MC: What do you think about her long program looking back this quad?
    Mai; Well, I was saying to myself "She's OK. She's OK" even before she started her skating. During she was skating I was still saying "She's OK, She's OK." And when she finished her skating, "She did truly her best" was the only words which came to me.
    MC: Her hard work paid off as her highest score.
    Mai: Well, it was very much impressive that she was holding back the tears out there. Our hearts were with her and we shed tears. So I want to hug her tight and say "Now you can cry as much as you want" when she's back home.(chocked with tears)
    MC: (He read Yagudin's comment.)
    Mai: Well, "thank you" is not enough to express my feeling. Just wordless. When she's back I'd love to talk with her a lot.

vCash
    Anyone else saw the SP yet? OMG I'm so, so glad and happy to see her do such a fantastic job, especially after the disappointment at Sochi with the same program.

vCash
    Yes! I'm so happy for her! Rooting for her to win her 3rd World title!

vCash
    She was sublime. The whole performance was in the same zone as her free skate at Sochi. Bravissima, Mao!

vCash
    That was an amazing skate. So happpy for her!

vCash
    Yay Mao! Here is her record-breaking SP:
    http://youtu.be/f04HfUU2aaQ

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast